Darius11

Pope Denounces Buchanan and Palin for Questioning his Agenda

all kidding aside, I'm not a church historian and already conceded the RC Church might not have been the first first. They did come before the born again movement, that doesnt recognize them as Christians. Which is accurate to my broader point.

Thank you for pointing out the historical timeline. Thats not sarcasm.

Hey, I'm an atheist. The only reason I know this stuff is because my mom was Roman Catholic. When you're on one side of a division, you naturally see the other side "splitting away" while you're standing on the "original ground" so to speak. The Eastern Orthodox folks consider themselves the first church too...

It gets even better though, because at the time, there were also Non-Chalcedonianism churches. Guess what they thought...
Owned by Remi #?

labrys

Dawkins is a joke. The Gospel of Jesus Christ was not invented.

See John 3:16

I'm not sure I've ever seen such a circular argument. ever.

What about what most people consider to be the first of the ten commandments? ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

RonD1120

Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult; they are not Christian.

of course they aren't. they are not members of the One True Church. The one founded by St Peter, disciple of Jesus Christ. The Holy Roman Catholic Church. Neither are you though. Oh my...

i dont like mocking people but you really ask for it by criticizing others peoples interpretation of Christianity with such certainty. It seems so arrogant to assume your Christianity is more Christian than theirs, when the entire thing is non factual to begin with.

Which brings us full circle to my original post on this thread.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

RonD1120

Check out Martin Luther and the Reformation.

I spent my entire childhood in church and Catholic grade school and high school. I've checked it out more than enough by now. It does not pertain to my point at all...which is the Pope, whether you like him or not, has been a model for Christian belief lately; yet for some reason you have some obvious issues with him.

By the way, I find it funny that you claim JW is a cult, yet the Pentecostals are often considered the same thing. Hell, any organized religion could fit that definition...including Catholicism and its over 1 billion believers.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

RonD1120

I have always had doubts regarding Roman Catholicism. Recently, I started reading The Great Controversy by Ellen G. White. My doubts are solidifying into convictions. The Pope does not represent the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This is funny, if only because I greatly suspect RonD has no idea who Ellen G. White is.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"