kallend

NM police a bit over the top?

Updates with *another* case of them pulling the same stunt, and btw the drug dog's training certification expired two years ago:

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3210356.shtml

And the doctors may be in deep shit.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Good ole " border" land mentality.
Almost scary to think of the stories we haven't heard about.
The ride from Deming to Silver City is about 50 miles on a very lonely 1 lane state hwy.
No telling how many people were taken on that ride and never made it to the hospital.
If there's a wild Wild West, this is one of the areas. These folks don't play nice down there.

:o:o:o:o

My first reaction was total shock, that is until I stopped and thought about it. I have X-rayed prisoners in London before who were arrested on entry to the country for drugs. Admittedly they all were compliant so implied consent. (Every one of them were mules and found to be carrying drugs in them) but what if they had been innocent? There again, the search was non invasive and methods such as those shown on the man in the OP are not used, rather wait and see is used.
BTW That X-ray looked like the pelvis was deformed (to the point where it looks like an animal) if that was genuinely his X-ray then I'm not surprised he was standing funny.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

This area is notorious for drug mules.
There isn't much between deming and the border 'cept lots of dirt/sand.
These cops definately don't have it easy down here. We've been wanting enforcement along our border for a long time and these guys are at the front lines of it.
This story made the head lines...most of these stories don't, I'm sure.
Just another ugly truth of a drug war gone mad!

swisschris62

I wasn't suggesting they start cutting the drug mules slack.
This sort of thing is just a little over the top though.
I'm wondering why they took him 60 miles up the road to silver city and didn't just go to the hospital in Deming.
Are the doctors in Deming not willing to play along?

Explained in the first article linked:

The lawsuit claims that Deming Police tried taking Eckert to an emergency room in Deming, but a doctor there refused to perform the anal cavity search citing it was "unethical."

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

What is the problem? He made the police state angry. Retrospective he should have googled which countries imprisons the highest percent of the population there of. I moved away. Do something like this or your bitchin is futile.
Take care,
space

swisschris62

Nice to know at least some doctors were willing to stand up for what's right.

More like they don't want to get sued and its bloody difficult to perform a colonoscopy on a patent thats wriggling and fighting you. Good way to perf someone.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

swisschris62

Dusty little desert town in the middle of no where...kinda
Nasty little speed trap always set up on 10 just outside of town
They play by a different set of rules in these border towns.
All in all, a dangerous part of the country.
This is crazy what they did but this sort of thing is probably happening more then we are hearing about.

Hate to say it. That's my hometown. Your Concealed Carry license is useless there.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln