piisfish

Gunshots in LAX airport.

From the AP Wire...

A law enforcement official tells The Associated Press that 23-year-old suspect Paul Ciancia is from New Jersey and was wearing fatigues and carrying a bag containing a hand-written note that said he "wanted to kill TSA and pigs." The official requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly.

edited to add:
devildog

TSA agent was the shooter.

I haven't read that anywhere, but virtually every source I've seen explicitly says that is false.

Andy9o8

Nobody cares.

I care... I'm supposed to pick somebody up at LAX in about an hour and a half. I'm about 15 minutes from LAX and I can't decide if I should leave now or in a few hours (as of now you're still not allowed to drive into the terminal area.)

I'm glad more people weren't hurt or killed.

Early police reports were released to the press stating that the shooter was an ex TSA employee.
The initial reports are now known to be false,but the reports were not hard to believe after recent events like the ex cop going batshit crazy in LA and targeting other cops.

toolbox

Early police reports were released to the press stating that the shooter was an ex TSA employee.
The initial reports are now known to be false,but the reports were not hard to believe after recent events like the ex cop going batshit crazy in LA and targeting other cops.

I don't doubt that to be the case and, to be clear, I didn't think devildog had just made it up. I didn't hear about / start following what had happened until after that was corrected. If anything, his comment served as an explanation as to why all the outlets kept saying it wasn't a TSA agent.

footage on the news here (I guess generic wire service stuff) of people running through the terminal away from the scene.....one lady not running too fast in case she spilled her coffee. Amazing what people do under pressure.
regards, Steve
the older I get...the better I was