Darius11

War with Syria

quade

Just because it's a Kobayashi Maru situation, doesn't mean you just fucking give up.
Wrong, as usual.

Thanks for your "brilliant" insight on what should be done during a crisis.

And you are wrong again!:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ryoder

Stephen Colbert's translation of Obama's request for Congressional Authorization:

"We don't know what we want to do, we won't do much, and it doesn't matter when we do it;
Who's with me?"

:D

"Boots on the Ground" should be "On the Table"

Dirty Boots on the Table policy.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'll say it again...this is what happens when you have no moral compass. It's called leadership. Even W, love him or hate him had the conviction to take a stand and stick with it. Barry has the backbone of a wet noodle. And you thought W made us look like fools to the world...
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

quade

Just because it's a Kobayashi Maru situation, doesn't mean you just fucking give up.
Wrong, as usual.

It's simple. If your guy is in the White House, whatever he suggests is the right plan of action, or 95% correct. If it's that other guy in the Office, he's fucking confused and stupid or listening to advice from Satan himself.

kelpdiver

Wrong, as usual.

It's simple. If your guy is in the White House, whatever he suggests is the right plan of action, or 95% correct. If it's that other guy in the Office, he's fucking confused and stupid or listening to advice from Satan himself.

:D:D

+1
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Send aid to the refugees, sanctions on Syria, embargo on arms sales and sale of chemicals. Diplomatic pressure on the Saudis and Iran to stop armed intervention and encourage dialogue.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

> Even W, love him or hate him had the conviction to take a stand and stick with it.

I'll take the wet noodle over the "convicted" guy who starts wars any day. Militant stands get thousands of US soldiers - and tens of thousands of innocent victims - killed.

billvon

> Even W, love him or hate him had the conviction to take a stand and stick with it.

I'll take the wet noodle over the "convicted" guy who starts wars any day. Militant stands get thousands of US soldiers - and tens of thousands of innocent victims - killed.

Sure Bill...I knew you would pick that one. I still believe people are being slaughtered today in Syria by chemical agents once owned by Saddam.

Destinations by Roxanne

kelpdiver

Wrong, as usual.

Satan is too busy with traffic lights.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

> I still believe people are being slaughtered today in Syria by chemical agents once
>owned by Saddam.

So by freeing the chemical weapons from Saddam's control - the Iraq war gave Assad chemical weapons? Unlikely given that no production facilities OR WMD's were found in Iraq.

billvon

> I still believe people are being slaughtered today in Syria by chemical agents once
>owned by Saddam.

So by freeing the chemical weapons from Saddam's control - the Iraq war gave Assad chemical weapons? Unlikely given that no production facilities OR WMD's were found in Iraq.

So its your claim that there were never, ever any chemical WMD in Iraq? Tell that to the Kurds. By the same line of thinking Jimmy Hoffa never existed either. :S

Destinations by Roxanne

kallend

Satan is too busy with traffic lights.

:D

and trying to tell old people in the midwest how to navigate tiny turning circles

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

billvon

>owned by Saddam.

Here is an article claiming that Saddam moved his chemical arsenal to Syria prior to the Iraq invasion: http://www.policymic.com/articles/62103/how-did-syria-get-chemical-weapons-did-they-come-from-our-old-friend-saddam
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***> I still believe people are being slaughtered today in Syria by chemical agents once
>owned by Saddam.

Here is an article claiming that Saddam moved his chemical arsenal to Syria prior to the Iraq invasion: http://www.policymic.com/articles/62103/how-did-syria-get-chemical-weapons-did-they-come-from-our-old-friend-saddam

One would think it would be easy enough to determine the origin of the sarin rockets in Syria by looking at the manufacturer's markings on them.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

billvon

And lets not forget the tens of thousands with live changing injuries (including some here on DZ.com)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

quade

Wrong, as usual.

One of many points on which you are completely wrong is the contention that it is a Kobayashi Maru situation.

What crisis? Who are you quoting? What is your point (if any)?

Anyway, you're welcome.

Then tell us, what is your solution that puts tin-pot dictators on notice not to use NBC warfare and doesn't otherwise affect the future history of Syria?

So far, I haven't read a single notion from you beyond bitching about anybody else's thoughts on the matter.
quade -

quade

Then tell us, what is your solution that puts tin-pot dictators on notice not to use NBC warfare and doesn't otherwise affect the future history of Syria?

So far, I haven't read a single notion from you beyond bitching about anybody else's thoughts on the matter.

Paul, I hate to break it to you, but "Team America - World Police" was a comedy, not a documentary. Providing a solution is not our job.

My solution? To what? Two groups of people who hate our guts killing each other? Sounds like a self-resolving issue to me.

Anyhow, there is a big difference between thoughts and feeeelings, whoa, whoa, whoa, feeelings....

My solution? To what? Two groups of people who hate our guts killing each other?

This one you conveniently ignored.

What is your solution that puts tin-pot dictators on notice not to use NBC warfare and doesn't otherwise affect the future history of Syria?

It's a legitimate question. I don't blame you for not having an answer if you don't have one. That said, suppose we simply let this one go and chemical weapons are used again, and again, and again?

Some people have said, "The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing."

Are you certain you want to be one of the people who does . . . nothing? Doesn't even try? Just says, "Fuck it. Let Allah sort it out?"
quade -

quade

My solution? To what? Two groups of people who hate our guts killing each other?

This one you conveniently ignored.

***What is your solution that puts tin-pot dictators on notice not to use NBC warfare and doesn't otherwise affect the future history of Syria?

It's a legitimate question. I don't blame you for not having an answer if you don't have one. That said, suppose we simply let this one go and chemical weapons are used again, and again, and again?

Some people have said, "The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing."

Are you certain you want to be one of the people who does . . . nothing? Doesn't even try? Just says, "Fuck it. Let Allah sort it out?"

I ignored nothing. I said that it is not our job.

If we must do anything, we should report them to the United Nations and send sympathy cards to those affected (to show we really care).

Russia will assist Syria in case of external aggression.
http://news.rambler.ru/20952605/?utm_source=regnum&utm_medium=tiser&utm_campaign=main

Putin said that Russia will assist Syria in case of external aggression. The head of the Russian state , told journalists at a press conference after the summit G20. " Are we going to help Syria? Will, " - surely the Russian leader said .

He recalled that the Russian Federation and is now helping Syria supplying arms to her , working in the field of economic , humanitarian matters, including the delivery of humanitarian aid. Responding to a question , what other country in the world can theoretically undergo aggression , similar to that which threatens Syria, Putin said: " I ​​do not want to think about it, that another country will be subjected to some external aggression."

Vladimir Putin also said that military action against Syria negatively affect international security in general .

At the press conference after the summit, "twenty" Putin said that to his surprise , more participants - the leaders of India, Brazil , South Africa, Indonesia - spoke strongly against the military operation in Syria. He cited the words of President of South Africa, who noted that many countries feel unprotected against such actions more powerful countries

. " In these circumstances, try to persuade , for example, the North Koreans abandon its nuclear program ," - said the president of the Russian Federation. " Tell them to surrender all to the warehouse - smash them tomorrow ," - he added. Putin stressed that to maintain stability can only " unconditional fulfillment of the norms of international law."