Andy9o8

Tennessee Church Expels Mom of Gay Cop

normiss

Ah, now we're idiots.

All the more reason to not follow christian mind sets.

It's just sooo full of guilting people.

There is no defense for contempt prior to investigation.

All you need to know is John 3:16. Start from that point and build on it. We are all sinners and fall short. Jesus Christ is the only path for overcoming the deficit which results in spiritual death.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

Come on Ron, we've played this game before brother.

B|

I'll stop pulling your chain. :)
Sorry, that really wasn't very nice of me.
I'll stop doing that to you.

No worries, it is all part of the SC game. For the record I don't see you as an idiot. Me on the other hand, well, that is why I'm reading the book.

Within the first couple of pages I found out why Winsor took exception to me referring to the Bible as Old and New Testament. Such a reference is offensive to Jews. I never knew or understood that prior to exploring this work.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Jesus Christ is the only path for overcoming the deficit which results in spiritual death.

But every religion says that, Ron: "Ours is the ONLY way." Just once I'd like to hear some religion say, "Ours is a good way; although the other religions' ways are good, too."

OK, that's the Unitarians, but you get the point.

> But every religion says that, Ron: "Ours is the ONLY way." Just once I'd like to hear
>some religion say, "Ours is a good way; although the other religions' ways are good,
>too."

Unitarian creed:

===========
The living tradition which we share draws from many sources:

Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life;
Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love;
Wisdom from the world's religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life;
Jewish and Christian teachings which call us to respond to God's love by loving our neighbors as ourselves;
Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit.
Spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
============

That's the ONLY RIGHT WAY.

"Brian: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!
Girl: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.
Brian: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!
Followers: He is! He is the Messiah!
Brian: Now, fuck off!
[silence]
Arthur: How shall we fuck off, O Lord?"
Never try to eat more than you can lift

billvon

Unitarian creed:

===========

Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life;
Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love;
Wisdom from the world's religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life;
Jewish and Christian teachings which call us to respond to God's love by loving our neighbors as ourselves;
Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit.
Spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
============

So you are saying it's going to be a while before we encounter radicalized Unitarian fundamentalists?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Seems to me .. the Bible is often used AS the idiots guide.. but what do I know? I only see sections cherry picked from oft contradictory texts to support what ever argument folks are having today..

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

BikerBabe

There are social rules and there are Christian rules. At this juncture, social rules accept homosexuality, Christian rules do not. Live with it.

Is it really? http://www.thegodarticle.com/7/post/2011/10/clobbering-biblical-gay-bashing.html

I love quoting myself. But since I'm the only one who reads my posts, I guess it's ok.

Seriously, read the article. It's written by a pastor. It's a refutation of biblical gay-bashing.

Why do I still participate in this forum? *

*question is rhetorical, but I bet 100 bucks it's the only thing that gets addressed from this post by anyone else in this thread.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Andy9o8

Jesus Christ is the only path for overcoming the deficit which results in spiritual death.

But every religion says that, Ron: "Ours is the ONLY way." Just once I'd like to hear some religion say, "Ours is a good way; although the other religions' ways are good, too."

Experience proves the claim. Associate with those who have had the experience and not those who do not believe the experience can be true.

RonD1120

Experience proves the claim. Associate with those who have had the experience and not those who do not believe the experience can be true.

Nope - Evidence proves the claim.
Every religion on earth has those who have "had the experience" which is in fact evidence of just the opposite.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

Nope - Evidence proves the claim.
Every religion on earth has those who have "had the experience" which is in fact evidence of just the opposite.

How so?

I know exactly when I was saved, 16 Mar 81 at Mono Lake in California. Others have similar testimonies. It establishes our common bond and basis for fellowship. It is a good thing. I want to share "the good thing."

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

I know exactly when I was saved

which does absolutely nothing to prove exclusivity in anyone's mind but your own or that of those who share basically the same subset of faith as yours.

This really is fundamental. Until you've tried to live your life as a devout Muslim, Jew, Hindu, etc. (and not just using the dysfunctional hedonism of your youth as a comparitor), you've really got no basis of comparison to say: devout Christianity is not just a great way, it's the ONLY way.

Andy9o8

I know exactly when I was saved

which does absolutely nothing to prove exclusivity in anyone's mind but your own or that of those who share basically the same subset of faith as yours.

This really is fundamental. Until you've tried to live your life as a devout Muslim, Jew, Hindu, etc. (and not just using the dysfunctional hedonism of your youth as a comparitor), you've really got no basis of comparison to say: devout Christianity is not just a great way, it's the ONLY way.

Sure I can, the Bible tells me so.:P

Have a great day.;)

BikerBabe

There are social rules and there are Christian rules. At this juncture, social rules accept homosexuality, Christian rules do not. Live with it.

Is it really? http://www.thegodarticle.com/7/post/2011/10/clobbering-biblical-gay-bashing.html

I love quoting myself. But since I'm the only one who reads my posts, I guess it's ok.

Seriously, read the article. It's written by a pastor. It's a refutation of biblical gay-bashing.

*question is rhetorical, but I bet 100 bucks it's the only thing that gets addressed from this post by anyone else in this thread.
Good article.. thanks for sharing it! Kinda what I keep trying to say, too, except, explained better. And without as much foot in mouth sticking.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

BikerBabe

Thanks for the link. I learned something from that.

Don

BikerBabe

Great link, thanks.

billvon

> But every religion says that, Ron: "Ours is the ONLY way." Just once I'd like to hear
>some religion say, "Ours is a good way; although the other religions' ways are good,
>too."

Unitarian creed:

===========

============

Q: What do you get when you cross a Unitarian with a Jehovah's Witness?
A: Someone that goes door to door but doesn't have anything to talk about.

:D

BikerBabe

Interesting article, it just shows the amount of effort folks will put into justifying their own personal sin.

If a homosexual or lesbian couple took a copy of this article to my pastor along with a marriage license and asked him to marry them the answer would be no. That is a decision based on the governing board of directors of the denomination, all of whom are ordained and students of the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts.

These are the last days. What is happening in America and the Mideast clearly indicate that Biblical prophecy is unfolding at a rapid rate.

We know where we stand and we are preparing, at least psychologically, to go underground. It is happening in many countries. It will happen here.

Prepare for SHTF. If you are not concerned about you soul you should at least be concerned for your survival.

normiss

You guys clearly get the best weed.

How come every other time in history when it was the end of days, it wasn't?

:S

Ah, that's an easy one. Because it wasn't. As a paraphrase of Buddy Holly, everyday it's a gettin' closer. Goin' faster than a roller coaster. True love.

When you learn to read the Bible you will find it is the greatest love letter ever written.