regulator

Canadians can be buttholes too? Who knew?

A hate-filled letter received by a family in Canada telling them to move out of the neighborhood or euthanize their autistic son has gone viral, prompting a flood of support for the family.
The letter began to receive attention after being posted on the Twitter account of Brad and MaryLynne Stella, the married couple that comprise the country duo The Stellas. Their daughters, Lennon, 14, and Maisy Stella, 9, who star as Maddie and Daphne Conrad on the hit TV show “Nashville,” also posted the photo to their joint Twitter account.

The tweet from @TheStellas read: “This letter was anonymously slipped to our good friend regarding her autistic boy Max. This is appalling.”

The tweet from @LennonandMaisy read: “A close family friend has an autistic boy and this was an anonymous letter slipped under her door. This is real.”

Both tweets included links to photos of the letter.
The Stellas are family friends of Karla Begley, whose autistic son Max is the target of the letter. They initially became aware of the letter after seeing posts about it on Karla’s Facebook page.

“Karla was talking about it on Facebook, so we just obviously were upset by it and knew that it needed to be shared,” MaryLynne, 39, Stella told FoxNews.com. “And awareness is key to change, and so we thought it would be a good thing to put it up and have people see how disturbing it was.”

The letter demands that Begley take action over her "retarded" son Max. The Ontario mother said she had no idea who would send such a hateful letter, which left her family shocked and devastated.

She tearfully told City News: "Who would do this to a child?"
The letter goes on to criticize Begley for allowing Max to play outside and says: "That noise he makes when he is outside is DREADFUL!!!!!!!!!! It scares the hell out of my normal children!!!!!!!"

The letter also tells Karla that she has a "retarded kid" and "should deal with it properly".

"What right do you have to do this to hard working people!!!!!!!! I HATE people like you who believe, just because you have a special needs kid, you are entitled to special treatment!!! GOD!!!!!!"

The writer finishes by demanding the family "go live in a trailer in the woods or something with your wild animal kid!!!" and asks the family to do the right thing and move or "euthanize him. Either way, we are ALL better off!!!"

Though MaryLynne said she hasn’t seen Max in a while, she spoke highly of Max, Karla, who suffers from multiple sclerosis, and the entire Begley family.

“(Max) is just a sweetheart. He loves life, and he’s a happy boy. Honestly, it’s the whole family; they’re so incredible,” MaryLynne said. “I hope something awesome comes to them through this. They deserve it so much. They’ve had a really rough go.”

Max does not know the contents of the letter drawing so much attention to him and his family, according to MaryLynne.
“He doesn’t know what it’s from, he’s just hamming it up for the cameras and loving the attention,” MaryLynne said.
The police are now involved in the situation and are taking steps to determine who sent the anonymous letter.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/08/20/woman-receives-hate-filled-letter-asking-her-to-move-or-euthanize-autistic-son/

Referring to the letter-writer, yes, we have our share of intellectual inbred's as well. Pay particular attention to the atrocious spelling sprinkled liberally throughout the note though. Additionally, did you see the manner in which the "u" was omitted incorrectly in the word "favour"?

AHA! I knew it! A damned yankee sneaked across our border in search of free health-care!

(just some Canuckian sarcasm/humour)

aphid

AHA! I knew it! A damned yankee sneaked across our border in search of free health-care!

:-)

I hope they find the coward that wrote this letter and PUBLICLY out them.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

shropshire

:-)

I hope they find the coward that wrote this letter and PUBLICLY out them.

this.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Believe me Canadians can be buttholes. Just look at our Prime Minister! "Here you go China.. have our country!"

Or look at Don Cherry...
I could name a ton of butthole Canucks. Hell.. I have been called something pretty similar to that more than once...
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

harvesting whales is an occupation. a proud one in Canadia.

(the author wrote "whaling" instead of "wailing")

I bet it's a juvenile. or a soccer/hockey mom.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I knew, I've some great Canadian friends but theres one Canadian whos a total prick around here for starters.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

rehmwa

harvesting whales is an occupation. a proud one in Canadia.
(the author wrote "whaling" instead of "wailing")

"The only species currently harvested by the Canadian Inuit that is covered by the IWC is the bowhead whale. As of 2004, the limit on bowhead whale hunting allows for the hunt of one whale every two years from the Hudson Bay-Foxe Basin population, and one whale every 13 years from the Baffin Bay-Davis Strait population. This is roughly one fiftieth of the bowhead whale harvest limits in Alaska"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whaling#Canada

Having said that, I got your point...;)

My GF was actually present for one of those bowhead hunts. She did not participate in the hunt, as they were taking only the people with the training (no experience, mind you... the art of traditional Inuit whale hunting has not bee practiced by anyone living... until recently). Rather, she was at the community. She was even given a bit of the whale blubber... That one whale fed two communities for about a year. The traditional whale hunt is not what is causing whale populations to diminish. It is commercial hunts that are the issue.

Edit: By commercial hunts, I refer to international hunts, as there are no Canadian commercial hunts.

regulator

The police are now involved in the situation and are taking steps to determine who sent the anonymous letter.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/08/20/woman-receives-hate-filled-letter-asking-her-to-move-or-euthanize-autistic-son/

As despicable as that letter is, does it warrant police involvement? What Canadian laws did the content of that letter break?

Seems like a slam dunk civil case but not criminal. With all the press this has gotten a lawyer/investigation firm would likely do it pro bono.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Skyrad

I knew, I've some great Canadian friends but theres one Canadian whos a total prick around here for starters.

And who would that be? Who has pissed you off so much that you felt the need to label someone a prick? Could that person be me? The feeling is not mutual? I don't hate you and I certainly don't think you are a prick. I barely know you, in fact I don't know you. Sure sometimes we may disagree on topics here, but that does not make me think you are a prick. Even if this person you refer to as a prick is not yourself truly, even if it is someone else, why all the hate? Why did you feel the need to tell everyone here you have a severe hate for a fellow jumper. Seems to me you have something in common with the author of that letter. It's called intolerance.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

NorrinRadd

Believe me Canadians can be buttholes. Just look at our Prime Minister! "Here you go China.. have our country!"

Harper is not perfect, he has made plenty of mistakes. In fact he has been governing like a Liberal to keep all you Liberals in Ontario happy. He has definitely not governed like a Conservative. In fact there is only one Conservative government in the entire country. That's Saskatchewan lead by Brad Wall and ironically they are the only ones who are balancing their books.

Oh and if things are so bad here in Canada under Harper's leadership, why does our economy continually out perform all other G8 nations? Yes Canada has opened new trade negotiations with China. But it's still our country. We are not China and what are the alternatives? With a protectionist, anti-trade Democrat in the White House we need to expand our trading opportunities. I don't ever recall the Liberals talking trade with Europe, talking trade with South America. But Harper is. And do you want to just ignore the largest emerging market in the world? What is your suggestions to growing Canada's economy and ensuring our success when the Americans don't want to do business with us?

Do you even pay attention to the private sector? Or do you live in some public sector bubble? If you do exist in that bubble, that would explain your dislike of the PM. Harper is far from perfect. But he is much better than the alternatives. Justin Trudeau? Please. Take away his famous last name and what qualifications does a substitute drama teacher have for leading a G8 nation. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

When you refer to all the Ontario liberals you obviously speak without having actually looked at how Ontario voted during the last federal election. Except for Downtown Toronto... and some NDP, it was pretty much all for the Cons.
I wont debate this with you. You win. You are totally right about everything. Go you.

Edit: I don't like Harper, therefore I MUST be a liberal. I can't be anything else, like a guy who hates partisanship and considers himself no party's mentally enslaved follower. Once again, you are totally right.. you have me pegged 100%. Good job. Must be all the corn fed beef out there in Alberta.