jclalor

When Prayer fails to work

normiss

Thanks for understanding I was just joking with ya Ron.
B|

have a good weekend!

Thanks and same to you. If the weather holds my wife and I plan to attend our first PGR mission tomorrow in Murphy NC. I haven't ridden my bike since I brought it up, which was the first of July.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Remster

***That was my very first thought as well when reading the title.
:D

Pffft... Every night, I pray for the sun to rise again tomorrow.

Heretic. :P

Same here, but since listening to George Carlin, I now pray to Joe Pesci.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I once had to take my wife to a hospital to get checked out after a car accident. With the name Sacred Heart, I knew it had started as a Catholic hospital, but while we were there, we learned that they do prayers over the PA at the top of each hour. The last thing I want in a medical crisis is the services of a doctor who thinks prayer might be the solution, so we will not be revisiting that particular hospital, nor the local "Our Lady of Lourdes" for the same reason. What a waste of time and energy that could be better spent employing scientifically sound methods.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

livendive

I once had to take my wife to a hospital to get checked out after a car accident. With the name Sacred Heart, I knew it had started as a Catholic hospital, but while we were there, we learned that they do prayers over the PA at the top of each hour. The last thing I want in a medical crisis is the services of a doctor who thinks prayer might be the solution, so we will not be revisiting that particular hospital, nor the local "Our Lady of Lourdes" for the same reason. What a waste of time and energy that could be better spent employing scientifically sound methods.

Blues,
Dave

Sounds good to me, it will just make more room for us who know the benefits of prayer next time we need medical care. Please pass the word so that all your like minded friends do the same.

livendive

Blues,
Dave

Yes, because I'm sure the doctors there routine would open a patient up to do heart surgery, decide that all they needed to do was pray, and then leave the room without even so much as bothering to close them back up. :S
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

maadmax

Sounds good to me, it will just make more room for us who know the benefits of prayer next time we need medical care. Please pass the word so that all your like minded friends do the same.

The whole concept of salvation through belief offers strength to those who doubt themselves
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

devildog

***I once had to take my wife to a hospital to get checked out after a car accident. With the name Sacred Heart, I knew it had started as a Catholic hospital, but while we were there, we learned that they do prayers over the PA at the top of each hour. The last thing I want in a medical crisis is the services of a doctor who thinks prayer might be the solution, so we will not be revisiting that particular hospital, nor the local "Our Lady of Lourdes" for the same reason. What a waste of time and energy that could be better spent employing scientifically sound methods.

Blues,
Dave

Yes, because I'm sure the doctors there routine would open a patient up to do heart surgery, decide that all they needed to do was pray, and then leave the room without even so much as bothering to close them back up. :S

Oh, I don't know.

I was admitted to a Catholic hospital when I was 13, some 14 hours after my appendix burst.

The good Catholics tried to give me Extreme Unction/Last Rites (I sent them packing).

A Jewboy Doctor went to work and kept me alive. I'll take a secular surgeon any time.

BSBD,

Winsor

Machupo

***Sounds good to me, it will just make more room for us who know the benefits of prayer next time we need medical care. Please pass the word so that all your like minded friends do the same.

The whole concept of salvation through belief offers strength to those who doubt themselves

As we know, There's a sucker born every minute. As often as not, the sucker's none the wiser, so, unaware his pocket's just been picked, he enjoys his bliss.

When he enjoys his bliss, he feels empowered. When he feels empowered, he goes to Vegas....

Sounds good to me, it will just make more room for us who know the benefits of prayer next time we need medical care.

Benefits?

Have you ever considered the fact that medical care will always work just the same with or without prayer? Not so much the other way around.

normiss

I'm most likely to be more familiar with devil's food cake.
;)

I no longer eat cake, etc, but I admit that when I did, I strongly preferred a rich chocolate devil's food over any angel food cake.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Andy9o8

******Sounds good to me, it will just make more room for us who know the benefits of prayer next time we need medical care. Please pass the word so that all your like minded friends do the same.

As we know, There's a sucker born every minute. As often as not, the sucker's none the wiser, so, unaware his pocket's just been picked, he enjoys his bliss.

When he enjoys his bliss, he feels empowered. When he feels empowered, he goes to Vegas....

Isn't that similar to the service performed by criminal attorneys? But, I guess if you can afford justice it is not the same as having your pocket picked. Disregard
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Andy9o8

Don't sell your hair to a wig shop, Ron.

Up here there seems to be two types of hairstyles, buzz cuts and ponytails. I could transition from the latter to the former and no one would notice.

winsor

******I once had to take my wife to a hospital to get checked out after a car accident. With the name Sacred Heart, I knew it had started as a Catholic hospital, but while we were there, we learned that they do prayers over the PA at the top of each hour. The last thing I want in a medical crisis is the services of a doctor who thinks prayer might be the solution, so we will not be revisiting that particular hospital, nor the local "Our Lady of Lourdes" for the same reason. What a waste of time and energy that could be better spent employing scientifically sound methods.

Blues,
Dave

Oh, I don't know.

I was admitted to a Catholic hospital when I was 13, some 14 hours after my appendix burst.

The good Catholics tried to give me Extreme Unction/Last Rites (I sent them packing).

A Jewboy Doctor went to work and kept me alive. I'll take a secular surgeon any time.

BSBD,

Winsor

So is that story suppose to suggest then that Christian (or maybe just Catholic) doctors wouldn't operate on you? Is that what you're saying?

devildog

*********I once had to take my wife to a hospital to get checked out after a car accident. With the name Sacred Heart, I knew it had started as a Catholic hospital, but while we were there, we learned that they do prayers over the PA at the top of each hour. The last thing I want in a medical crisis is the services of a doctor who thinks prayer might be the solution, so we will not be revisiting that particular hospital, nor the local "Our Lady of Lourdes" for the same reason. What a waste of time and energy that could be better spent employing scientifically sound methods.

Blues,
Dave

Oh, I don't know.

BSBD,

Winsor

So is that story suppose to suggest then that Christian (or maybe just Catholic) doctors wouldn't operate on you? Is that what you're saying?

No. Get a clue.

winsor

************I once had to take my wife to a hospital to get checked out after a car accident. With the name Sacred Heart, I knew it had started as a Catholic hospital, but while we were there, we learned that they do prayers over the PA at the top of each hour. The last thing I want in a medical crisis is the services of a doctor who thinks prayer might be the solution, so we will not be revisiting that particular hospital, nor the local "Our Lady of Lourdes" for the same reason. What a waste of time and energy that could be better spent employing scientifically sound methods.

Blues,
Dave

Oh, I don't know.

BSBD,

Winsor

No. Get a clue.

Well feel free to clue me in on exactly what your point is. Because right now it seems like a pointless and baseless jab.