normiss

Verdict reached

So, when will the torturers of Pvt. Manning be put to trial?

And the real war criminals: Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld. And yes, Colin Powell. Who lied into the face of the UN.

Darius11

***I don't see it that way.

I don't think there was any evidence that he willfully aided the enemy, and that's what the charge would require to convict.

That’s what the prosecutors were trying to do, I am sure hind sight yes every one NOW is sure that wouldn’t have happened.

If you asked me 10 years ago if we would ever kill American citizens without a trail, detain Americans without their rights I would have said no way, but now we know.

Good to have something go the right way at least a bit. Wish the kid was free, but glad for all of us that charge didn't stick.

mpohl

He forfeited his life. For what?

So that you and I can live free?
What did MLK do? Nelson Mandela? Dietrich Bonhofer?

MLK marched, protested, and fought for civil rights and equal protection. And won.
Nelson Mandela stood up to apartheid, brought down the minority regime, and led his country to peace, freedom, and prosperity.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer stood against the nazis and their persecution and genocide. He also took part in planning an assassination attempt on Hitler. He was executed for his resistance.

Manning copied as much classified information as he could get his hands on and sent it to Assange without having the first clue about what he was sending. He also broke his oath.

Which of these is not like the others...

Ultimately the world will despise Bush and Obama. And ultimately we will free Manning!

Plenty of folks despise plenty of world leaders, some for good reasons, some e cause their tinfoil is cutting off blood flow to the brain. Manning won't leave federal custody until his sentence is served. Any more empty rhetoric and silly exclamations?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Manning copied as much classified information as he could get his hands on and sent it to Assange without having the first clue about what he was sending. He also broke his oath.

Which of these is not like the others...

You're right. It's much more like, say, Daniel Ellsberg.

Whoosh yourself buddy! you obviously do not get the bigger picture, or you are just so smart that you knew more than the prosecutors.

Acting like your sure of somthing NO ONE was sure off:|,

wanna tell me last week’s lotto numbers so we can call you a psychic?:D

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

mpohl

So that you and I can live free?
What did MLK do? Nelson Mandela? Dietrich Bonhofer?

Ultimately the world will despise Bush and Obama. And ultimately we will free Manning!

***[...]

He forfeited his life. For what?

Like we did Osama bin laden?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My wife's brother works at the fed facility in Sheridan Oregon.
He supervises work details behind the fences.
Over the years I've heard stories from him of guys he had on his crews that had tits.
If there's a package between the legs it's going to a men's prison regardless of what they are working with on top...big or small.
Not sure if they continue to give them the same meds they got when they were free. I texted him a few minutes ago asking him if they do...
Unless its absolutely medically necessary to continue giving them those meds it would seem crazy if we had to pay for something like that.

Ok so now he's dishonorably discharged and should lose his benefits medical or otherwise.
I would take that to mean that when he had benefits that this sort of thing was included? I would think if its not medically necessary that he would have been doing hormones on his own dime.
Unless it would kill him not to continue I would think it nuts that we pay for that. Not that I'm a doctor but you would think that worse case scenario he could be weaned off those drugs without it effecting him too much other then maybe he won't end up with the tits he dreamed of having.
On a side note, why was the government letting this low level soldier with obvious head shit going on see classified stuff?

I think the whole thing is a load of crap. It's my opinion that he's scared to death of going to a men's prison and figures he'd do better in a woman's prison, so he comes up with this brainstorm. His attorney said he would 'work hard' to get the little weasel his wish. The way I see it, he committed the crime as a 'man' let him serve his sentence as a 'man'. I really resent seeing our tax dollars going to make him more comfortable.

Chuck

Agree with you 100%.
Sure hope it wasn't sounding like I wanted him to get his wish.
Your right, he's scared to death of walking into Leavenworth but just having tits isn't gonna keep him out of there. I seriously doubt given he's convicted and all that they would accommodate his desire to get the rest of this, basically elective procedure done.
They shouldn't even have allowed his name change crap.

Hi Chuck,

It's prison for crying out loud.

A few years ago I read an article about prisoners in the California prison system going to the head of the line for an organ transplant. Rob a 7-11 & get a new heart.

It was based upon a ruling by the California Supreme Court.

C'est la vie,

JerryBaumchen

PS) My money says he gets the change & ends up in the women's military prison; time will tell. Also, I heard that the ACLU is supporting him on this.

There was an article in USA Today? Or AP News explaining thy gender identity was listed by some organization or another as a disorder or something that technically requires it to be treated by the prison at the taxpayers expense. The justification was something along the lines of if a prisoner breaks his leg you have to treat it, if the prisoner has depression he gets help, etc. So much for the days of a prison being a place of rehabilitation through labor or 'hey, you fucked up so you deserve to live in squalor and suffer'. Weak spine and touchy geeky types keep developing a sense of entitlement in miscreants and morally decrepit people all in the name of percieved rights which are really privileges.

*Remove soap box

JerryBaumchen

Hi Chuck,

It's prison for crying out loud.

A few years ago I read an article about prisoners in the California prison system going to the head of the line for an organ transplant. Rob a 7-11 & get a new heart.

It was based upon a ruling by the California Supreme Court.

C'est la vie,

JerryBaumchen

PS) My money says he gets the change & ends up in the women's military prison; time will tell. Also, I heard that the ACLU is supporting him on this.

Thanks for that, Jerry! From all I'm reading on this subject, it seems as though, we would get better health care if we were inmates! That just strikes me as wrong. I can understand 'reasonable' care for prisoners but I just have a hard time with their getting sex changes or hormone treatment. It just doesn't make sense. I think Manning found this out and sees it as a way of getting what he wants on our dollar. Dumb... like a fox.

Chuck