theonlyski

"My toy smells funny"

Things like this make me go huh?

Why would you hide it in a box at work? Why would you take anything that is contraband, and remove it from your person to stash, and with the plan to then put it back on your person later.

That is two extra times that you can be caught with the contraband? If it is in your pocket leave it in your pocket! They don't do pat downs of burger king employees do they?
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

DougH

Things like this make me go huh?

Why would you hide it in a box at work? Why would you take anything that is contraband, and remove it from your person to stash, and with the plan to then put it back on your person later.

That is two extra times that you can be caught with the contraband? If it is in your pocket leave it in your pocket! They don't do pat downs of burger king employees do they?

I was 2nd shift a production control supervisor in a manufacturing plant, I got a 'new' employee once that I was told to 'keep an eye on'.

This guy went from head of purchasing down through several levels until he hit pallet-jack jockey on 2nd shift...one night the reason became obvious.

While I was shooting the bull with the plant superintendent - who was an extremely well endowed woman about 5 feet tall... he came up and injected himself into the conversation.

The pic on my ID was about ten years old and looked a lot more surfer d00d than supervisor which was the topic of conversation - 'this guy' pulls his ID from the plastic thingie around his neck to show us his ~ ~ ~ and an 8ball of meth goes flying out and lands on the super's right boob. :o

I had to turn away I was laughing so hard, she played it cool and talked to him for another few minutes with the big rock of gack in a baggie balancing just that close to heaven.

She finally leaned forward and it fell off, she picked it up and asked if he 'dropped this'...

...Yup - he thanks her and puts it back in the ID case!

10 minutes later he was a guest of the El Cajon PD. :ph34r:

Never saw anything so STOOOOOPID in my life!!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

NorrinRadd

I need to buy kids meals more often...

I would have expected this to be included in the happy meal.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I once worked in a factory with a guy who smoked, but didn't like cigarettes; He preferred pipe tobacco. But he also didn't like fussing with pipes. So the solution: He always carried a pouch of pipe tobacco and a pack of rolling papers.

It never got old to see the reactions of a manager who happened to walk by during break time as he was rolling one.:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JohnMitchell

Too bad this wasn't in Seattle. Would have been a non-event with the police. My home state needs to get a little more enlightened. [:/]

OK, so let's take the "drug criminality" out of the mix. Suppose, instead of reefer, it was, say, a perfectly legal little bottle of booze like they have in hotel mini-bars. And the douche hides it in a happy meal. If I was the kid's dad, I'd still want to kick the guy's ass. If I was his boss, I'd still fire him. As for the cops - well, how about reckless endangerment of a child who might ingest an intoxicating substance?

swisschris62

If I remember correctly, Chong ( cheech & Chong ) was charged and convicted for paraphernalia some years back. Not sure of all the circumstances surrounding the case but in his case it didnt matter that nothing had been smoked through them.

The recent (over the last 10 yrs or so) up-tick in enacting paraphernalia laws (and broadening the definitions thereof; e.g., now a clean, empty sandwich bag can be "paraphernalia") are just another way of strengthening the draconian, Victorian-morality American drug laws rather than relaxing them to bring them in line with modern social attitudes and lifestyles, all the better to maintain the funding for, and jobs within, the vast police-prosecutors'-courts-prisons complex. I've been in the system one way or another for 35 years, so I'm speaking from first-hand observation.

(Not trying to send this into SC; it's just the natural progression of the thread.)

Andy9o8

If I was the kid's dad, I'd still want to kick the guy's ass. If I was his boss, I'd still fire him. As for the cops - well, how about reckless endangerment of a child who might ingest an intoxicating substance?

Point well taken.:)
And yes, definitely fire the guy.:D

As for the cops - well, how about reckless endangerment of a child who might ingest an intoxicating substance?

dude do you get hard by sending people to jail??

The dude made a mistake and NO ONE was hurt, fire him don't jail a dump kid for making what young people do, make dump mistakes.

Key being no one was hurt.

I don;t get this lets search for a reason to GET THIS guy mentality.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius11

As for the cops - well, how about reckless endangerment of a child who might ingest an intoxicating substance?

dude do you get hard by sending people to jail??

The dude made a mistake and NO ONE was hurt, fire him don't jail a dump kid for making what young people do, make dump mistakes.

Key being no one was hurt.

I don;t get this lets search for a reason to GET THIS guy mentality.

Considering how much time I've spent as (among other specialties) a criminal defense attorney, I think you greatly misunderstand my post, as well as me. I was discussing the legality aspect from an academic perspective. It's how it's done in the classroom.