metalslug

Opposition to Obama visit to SA

MLA call for his arrest

One reader comment was perhaps more relevant for me than the actual article;

The gist of the story does not interest me at all for the simple reason that the MLA will never succeed. What does interest me is the fact that we now have a Muslim Lawyers Association. We have a Black Lawyers Association. Where is the White Lawyers Association? Can you imagine the outcry if such an association was formed!

On another note; I have read that Obama's Africa tour will cost the US approx. $100 million. *queue the sound of an old cash register.*

Good luck going for sympathy for white South Africans to many stereotypes to get over and not enough understanding of the situations.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Skyrad

Good luck going for sympathy for white South Africans to many stereotypes to get over and not enough understanding of the situations.

Speaking of Obama's visits

How is the media over there treating him right now?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

In the UK & Ireland? Well pretty fairly I think, theres none of the star struck hysteria that followed him when he first came over but that hardly to be expected for any elected world leader at his point of term.
The reception to his speech in Berlin was muted, he's no Ronnie or JFK but he did well nonetheless. We're in a time of austerity globally and I think the people over here are pretty much resigned to that and in a head down and arse up keep moving mode, in light of that I don't think that BHO really made much in the way of headlines or impact on the public consciousness this visit.

I also think that he has talked a good talk but failed to deliver on so many areas that what he says is taken with a big pinch of salt until he delivers.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Skyrad

In the UK & Ireland? Well pretty fairly I think, theres none of the star struck hysteria that followed him when he first came over but that hardly to be expected for any elected world leader at his point of term.
The reception to his speech in Berlin was muted, he's no Ronnie or JFK but he did well nonetheless. We're in a time of austerity globally and I think the people over here are pretty much resigned to that and in a head down and arse up keep moving mode, in light of that I don't think that BHO really made much in the way of headlines or impact on the public consciousness this visit.

I also think that he has talked a good talk but failed to deliver on so many areas that what he says is taken with a big pinch of salt until he delivers.

Thanks for the reply
I was just wondering
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln