sfzombie13

nsa whistleblower - not a traitor, he did it right

normiss

He admitted he took the job to steal information.
Also was documented his previous comment on leakers and that he said they should be shot.
;)

So he's a spy of sorts and the NSA is doing naughty things. Surprise, surprise :)
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

normiss

I would never claim he was or is a spy of any sort.

I think the possibility exists that he routed himself into countries that benefited the most from the information.

I find it very very difficult to believe that China didn't have a look through his computer, I find it just slightly less difficult to believe that Putin didn't order his computer looked through.

Also - who is paying for his room and board and flights?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Rick

Still think he is not a traitor after today's revelation??

He already started to step in it when he went past the disclosure of overreach in domestic surveillance when he disclosed our dirty laundry with hacking against Chinese infrastructure. That was two weeks ago?

normiss

I think he expected more international support than he appears to be getting.
I think he is stuck in Russia.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

I think he expected more international support than he appears to be getting.
I think he is stuck in Russia.

stuck in the airport DMZ, to be specific. Pretty much living the Tom Hanks life now.

The Putin that loves to fuck with the US is enjoying it. But the Putin that just slapped down Pussy Riot would just as soon string up Snowden by the balls as an example.

Rick

Still think he is not a traitor after today's revelation??

"that is not a tough call for me. i was vehemently opposed to manning's act of treason, and am siding with snowden on this one. the only way i can say i justify it is like this: manning actually held up his hand and swore an oath, i did the same thing, and to this day i will not break it. snowden signed a piece of paper, presumably with all sorts of false ideals judging from his latest actions.

history has shown that time after time the us govt has done things that they should not have done, from the beginning. have there been any indications they have stopped? snowden should have realized this before he took the job, but either way he was not obligated by an oath to keep such secrets. and he also used discretion in what he released, not trying to harm anyone, just trying to enlighten the american people.

in my eyes, when the govt is going against the constitution, my oath requires that i do something about it. i swore to protect and defent the constitution. not the govt, nor the contemptible(all of them) politicians. "

this was pasted from another post, and yes, i still believe in what he did, based on the above reasons. it's all about the intent.

Why would you support theft and treason?

I was raise to do my job and to not steal.

My SSBI and Lifestyle Poly testing prevents me from disclosing any Top Secret or above information to be released.

Honor.
Integrity.
Trust.

WTF are we doing wrong these days?

i support this guy, in his situation, who told the american people that the govt is lying to the people and basically trashing the fourth amendment. he didn't commit treason, he didn't sell anything to anyone, he didn't endanger any lives. he has politicians stepping and fetching, trying hard to paint him as a bad guy. had he used official channels, these are the same politicians he would have had to report to.

and this would explain why all the major tech companies are pushing toward storing all your information in the cloud. but that's a whole other story...