ryoder

Ventura/Stern for 2016?

This is troubling. Again, we have to keep in mind that Jesse is in the entertainment business.

JESSE VENTURA GOING AFTER SLAIN NAVY SEAL SNIPER CHRIS KYLE’S WIDOW IN COURT

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/31/jesse-ventura-going-after-slain-navy-seal-sniper-chris-kyles-widow-in-court/
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

First I'd heard of that.
According to this article, there are sworn statements from 8 witnesses backing up Kyle's account: http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_21428278/jesse-ventura-lawsuit-navy-seal-says-he-decked

It seems like this should be quickly tossed out of court.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

First I'd heard of that.
According to this article, there are sworn statements from 8 witnesses backing up Kyle's account: http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_21428278/jesse-ventura-lawsuit-navy-seal-says-he-decked

It seems like this should be quickly tossed out of court.

I agree and I hope you are correct.

The part that bothers me is this. Ventura is a former SEAL. He gets into an altercation with other SEALs and gets knocked on his keister. The honorable thing, IMO, amongst Spec Ops personnel is to accept the beat down and move on. To take the matter to the courts is shameful, again IMO.

If I remember correctly, in 2006, when the alleged incident occurred, Ventura was promoting his conspiracy TV show. In 2012, when he filed the lawsuit, he was promoting his latest anti-government book.

He does what he does for publicity just like a pro-wrestler. However, when you get clocked by a peer you should just suck it up.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

This is troubling. Again, we have to keep in mind that Jesse is in the entertainment business.

Since when does the Republican Party have an issue with running shitty actors for office?

I mean, I guess Fred Thompson was an okay actor, but all the rest of the Republican actor politicians were pretty shitty.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***This is troubling. Again, we have to keep in mind that Jesse is in the entertainment business.

Since when does the Republican Party have an issue with running shitty actors for office?

I mean, I guess Fred Thompson was an okay actor, but all the rest of the Republican actor politicians were pretty shitty.

I can't imagine him running as anything but an independent, especially with Stern as a running mate.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

quade

***This is troubling. Again, we have to keep in mind that Jesse is in the entertainment business.

I believe Ventura would be a Libertarian candidate or an Independent.

"The key to this next election I think will be a candidate who doesn't belong to a political party and who has the ability to rise above the mainstream and get the press, which I've never had a problem doing," Ventura said

billvon

>Again, we have to keep in mind that Jesse is in the entertainment business.

Makes him an ideal GOP candidate in a lot of ways.

See my post #12 above.

billvon

>Like Al Franken or Sheila Kuhl...
Imagine the Al Franken vs Jesse Ventura presidential campaigns . . . .

You could charge a LOT of money for tickets to the debates.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

lawrocket

***>Again, we have to keep in mind that Jesse is in the entertainment business.

Makes him an ideal GOP candidate in a lot of ways.

Like Al Franken or Sheila Kuhl...

Well, credentials are not unimportant, either. Franken attended Harvard University, where he graduated cum laude with a degree in, well... government.

Sheila Kuehl is a graduate of Harvard Law School, where she, too, excelled academically. She became the first woman to win "Best Oralist" in the law school's prestigious Ames Moot Court Competition, judged by a panel including Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall.

I believe Ventura would be a Libertarian candidate or an Independent.

Independent!

"If I were to decide -- and I haven't, and may not -- I believe one issue would carry me to victory," he said. "I would give the people of America their first opportunity to elect a president who doesn't belong to a political party since George Washington."

Credentials? Ventura was a governor.

I'm also interested in the Stern angle. I'm a HUGE fan of Stern and I remember when he ran for NY Governor. I think he stood an actual chance and could have won it. Yes, he dropped out - and for good reason - because he had to disclose his finances. This included his salary and other information, which his contract forbid him from disclosing.

BABA BOOEY!!!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

I was referring to the subjects' credentials as they existed when they first ran for public office.
Like Reagan, governor was Ventura's first public office. Unlike Franken, he didn't graduate with honors from one of the best universities in the world with a degree in government.

Andy9o8

***Credentials? Ventura was a governor.

I was referring to the subjects' credentials as they existed when they first ran for public office.
Like Reagan, governor was Ventura's first public office. Unlike Franken, he didn't graduate with honors from one of the best universities in the world with a degree in government.

Oh, Harvard. Their Graduation Class of 2013 speaker was Oprah Winfrey, wasn't it?

lawrocket

I'm also interested in the Stern angle. I'm a HUGE fan of Stern and I remember when he ran for NY Governor. I think he stood an actual chance and could have won it. Yes, he dropped out - and for good reason - because he had to disclose his finances. This included his salary and other information, which his contract forbid him from disclosing.

BABA BOOEY!!!

You cant be that "huge" of a Stern fan if you dont recall the interview where he "agreed" to run with Jesse.
Jesse goes on talk about his latest publicity tour and they , as usual, get into politics. Jesse was dead serious about his bid (according to my ear) and Howard went on a fantasic explaination of what that would be like. I.E. humoring Jesse.
Jesse must have thrown Sterns name because he know howard will talk about it once the news reaches him.

Mac Hine

Back on topic. Jesse is entertaining. Much like the crazy old hobo at the corner is. But, this lawsuit was filed well before Kyle was murdered. They spoke about it on Howards show. If he believes there is defamation why shouldn't he continue to address it?
My photos

My Videos

Gravitymaster

******Credentials? Ventura was a governor.

Oh, Harvard. Their Graduation Class of 2013 speaker was Oprah Winfrey, wasn't it?

Yes, yes, I know. Uppity niggers really bug you, don't they?

And what could she possibly have to share with graduates about overcoming adversity, perseverance and getting along in the world?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oprah_winfrey

Winfrey was born into poverty in rural Mississippi to a teenage single mother and later raised in an inner-city Milwaukee neighborhood.

.... She has been ranked the richest African-American of the 20th century, the greatest black philanthropist in American history, and was for a time the world's only black billionaire