mistercwood

Personal Armed Drones and the 2nd Amendment

Andy9o8

******As long as you people keep thinking in terms of primitive kinetic energy projectile weapons, you'll forever be stuck in the Dark Ages.

It's not like directed-energy weapons are going to be any lighter.
Oh ye of little vision...

Have you ever lifted a car battery? Or are you suggesting something of a chemical nature; mace, etc?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

Have you ever lifted a car battery? Or are you suggesting something of a chemical nature; mace, etc?

Wouldn't lithium ion cells be a better choice for flight? The energy to weight and energy to volume ratios would be higher compared to a lead-acid battery. Lithium manganese oxide or LiFePO4 would probably be my top two choices for a fast draining application.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

quade

*********As long as you people keep thinking in terms of primitive kinetic energy projectile weapons, you'll forever be stuck in the Dark Ages.

Oh ye of little vision...

Sorry; my patent application is still pending.

jcd11235

***Have you ever lifted a car battery? Or are you suggesting something of a chemical nature; mace, etc?

Wouldn't lithium ion cells be a better choice for flight? The energy to weight and energy to volume ratios would be higher compared to a lead-acid battery. Lithium manganese oxide or LiFePO4 would probably be my top two choices for a fast draining application.

All the UASs I know of (including both of mine) already use Li batteries. I know of none using any other battery type.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

quade

***As long as you people keep thinking in terms of primitive kinetic energy projectile weapons, you'll forever be stuck in the Dark Ages.

The pentagon and history of science disagree with you. First it was impossible. Then it was immobile. Now it's ship based. Eventually it'll be vehicle mounted. Then handheld.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Kennedy

******As long as you people keep thinking in terms of primitive kinetic energy projectile weapons, you'll forever be stuck in the Dark Ages.

The pentagon and history of science disagree with you. First it was impossible. Then it was immobile. Now it's ship based. Eventually it'll be vehicle mounted. Then handheld.

You still have the 1st and 2nd Laws of thermodynamics to deal with.

Screw the batteries. Squirrels will work for peanuts.
Damn....exposed 908's patent application.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Andy9o8

As long as you people keep thinking in terms of primitive kinetic energy projectile weapons, you'll forever be stuck in the Dark Ages.

Although probably not what Andy meant, my first thought after reading his comment was: you don't have to work to hard to aim a grenade or a block of C4.

Not exactly easy to define (or use) as a "self defense" weapon, but it would definitely make for reasonably affordable guided weapons.

Elvisio "if my neighbor doesn't turn down his damn car stereo and leaves it parked in the street again..." Rodriguez

Claymores (or terrorist facsimile) are not that hard to come by for that sort of people, I'd imagine. Better than a grenade or C4. Not conducive to flyer survivability, though. And certainly not going to fall under the OP's "may be legal" area of interest.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Building drones is a lot easier than you think. $1,500 and a few weeks and you can have a quadrotor, helicopter, or fixed wing aircraft that can fly exactly where you tell it to go where it can lock a GPS signal, indoor flight is still experimental and would require more R&D, but this stuff is VERY accessible.

http://www.DIYDrones.com

http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.

Tell us something we DON'T know.

Building a basic quad-copter just takes time, money and at least an average IQ. We're talking about the feasibility and legality of ARMING one (which is considerably different).
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

kallend

***You mean the zeroth and the first? Or did you inten to bring in entropy and I missed something.

Think about it.

Geez...THAT was helpful.

popsjumper

******You mean the zeroth and the first? Or did you inten to bring in entropy and I missed something.

Think about it.

Geez...THAT was helpful.

Yep. Figuring things out for yourself is always better than having to be told.

kallend

*********You mean the zeroth and the first? Or did you inten to bring in entropy and I missed something.

Think about it.

Geez...THAT was helpful.

Yep. Figuring things out for yourself is always better than having to be told.
So, you're saying that there's no need for teachers and schools?

(WooooHoooo!...an opportunity to use a bogus comeback. A skill learned from the pros.)

Kennedy: Well, give me credit for at least trying to get a straight answer.
[:/]