skinnay

Christianity in Rapid Decline

Right. The UK is the only place in the world with Christianity. Or is the UK the only place in the world that matters?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

It's definitely in decline, there's been a number of studies that have shown this. I don't think any true believer would say that they don't believe for the sake of it. In fact, denying that you are a believer is a BIG no-no in the bible, and by doing so they're as good as non-believers anyway. In the Catholic faith in particular, it is a mortal sin.

I don't think anyone can be surprised that it's in decline now though... I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

Meso

It's definitely in decline, there's been a number of studies that have shown this. I don't think any true believer would say that they don't believe for the sake of it. In fact, denying that you are a believer is a BIG no-no in the bible, and by doing so they're as good as non-believers anyway. In the Catholic faith in particular, it is a mortal sin.

I don't think anyone can be surprised that it's in decline now though... I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

Now if only we can get the decline of the muslim faith, the world will be a better place.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***It's definitely in decline, there's been a number of studies that have shown this. I don't think any true believer would say that they don't believe for the sake of it. In fact, denying that you are a believer is a BIG no-no in the bible, and by doing so they're as good as non-believers anyway. In the Catholic faith in particular, it is a mortal sin.

Now if only we can get the decline of the muslim faith, the world will be a better place.

Agreed
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Personally, I'm as fine with any of them, as long as tribalism and its more extreme brother extremism declines.

Since none of that is going to happen (it's in human nature), I prefer to work towards goals, rather than just bitching that everyone isn't like me.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Personally, I'm as fine with any of them, as long as tribalism and its more extreme brother extremism declines.

Since none of that is going to happen (it's in human nature), I prefer to work towards goals, rather than just bitching that everyone isn't like me.

Wendy P.

So. . . Ban Religion?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

How on earth did you get ban religion out of that?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

How on earth did you get ban religion out of that?

Wendy P.

It makes as much sense . . . as religion its self.

skinnay

Sorry I forgot, the USA is the only place that matters. Christianity is a decline here too.

This is true, the christain church is very much in decline in the North East states, Oregan, Washington State to name a few. But its also very much on the increase in the south. Lakewood church in Houston has roughly 20,000 plus in attendance every Sunday morning, Sagemont Church in Houston has 2 services with about 10,000 plus in attendance in total and 2 awaken services that are for the youth with about 1,800 in total every sunday morning.

Then there is City Mark church that started less than a year ago with only 140 attending and now has roughly 660 every sunday.

Marseille France, has a Underground church located there which started over a year ago with just 3 people. It now has over 40 meeting every sunday. 3 of them were Muslims and 3 others are Pro Soccer players. I use the term underground because they meet in a home.

I know this is bad news to ya. But we hope to be around for many years to come. My concern is we might be the next group sent to re-education camps for a shower. After all there are those that think a world without religion, replaced with humanism would be much better.

OH, just want to give a shout out to the NSA that is recording all our statements, HAVE A NICE DAY:P

wmw999

exactly - fanatics will find an outlet no matter what. the elimination of religion will just results in violent nutbags finding another excuse. Perhaps people will fight over social issues or extreme environmentalists will try to take all our money or put metal stakes in trees to kill lumberjacks or.....wait, that happens too.

Maybe the next violent dividing line will be extreme sports fans. The next thing you know soccer fans will riot after major events....wait....well, maybe the push will extend to bowling.....

it's about how the individual feels they are included in a healthy society - oddly, religion COULD be a way to do that, if it weren't for the nutbags, most people do fine - those of faith, and those not so much

you can't eliminate nutbags

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Isn't that why we have the second amendment :P

Really, the deal is that with an increasing population, there's an increasing chance of really extreme nutjobs not only being born, but finding each other, and then slowly encouraging people who are more in the middle on nutjob things out to the extreme.

Wendy P.

It may be but, 2000 years of Christian history is difficult to just wipe out. Especially, when people surrender to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and experience life enhancing change.

I'm heading for safe area with a Christian enclave to make my final stand, probably, and associate with the remnant. I want to spend my last days with the winners.

To those not saved, you still have the option. To the losers, well, good luck with your remaining chances.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

wmw999

Isn't that why we have the second amendment :P

Really, the deal is that with an increasing population, there's an increasing chance of really extreme nutjobs not only being born, but finding each other, and then slowly encouraging people who are more in the middle on nutjob things out to the extreme.

I agree - my point exactly. There will always be nutjobs, and religion is just a convenient outlet. Without religion, they'd use any other excuse handy.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I figured it was (ergo the PM). I just had to re-state it so that I could sound smart, too :)
Wendy P.

I'm heading for safe area with a Christian enclave to make my final stand, probably, and associate with the remnant. I want to spend my last days with the winners.

To those not saved, you still have the option. To the losers, well, good luck with your remaining chances.

Pffffffffff. ROTFLMAO

It may be but, 2000 years of Christian history is difficult to just wipe out. Especially, when people surrender to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and experience life enhancing change.

Empty promises and veiled threats! You have as much credibility as if you were playing Dungeons and Dragons.

>ow if only we can get the decline of the muslim faith, the world will be a better place.

=================
The Pew Forum

May 06, 2012
The fastest growing religion in America is Islam

Do you know what the fastest growing religion in America is? It isn't Christianity. According to the latest U.S. Religion Census that was just released on May 1, 2012, the fastest growing religion in America is Islam. The data for the census was compiled by the Association of Statisticians of American Religious Bodies, and the results were released by the Association of Religion Data Archives. From the year 2000 to the year 2010, the census found that the number of Muslims living inside the United States increased by about 1 million to 2.6 million - a stunning increase of 66.7 percent. That is an astounding rate of growth. Meanwhile, most Christian denominations had rates of growth that were far below the overall rate of population growth in the United States, and some Christian denominations actually lost members. Sadly, when Barack Obama once said that "we are no longer a Christian nation" he wasn't too far off the mark. Christianity is rapidly losing influence and other religions such as Islam are rapidly gaining members and building new places of worship. As other major religions such as Islam continue to grow in the United States, it is inevitable that this will reshape America in many different ways in the years ahead.
=====================

>How on earth did you get ban religion out of that?

It's one of the most common tropes here.

"I don't think that eating Mallomars all day is good for you."

"What, you want to BAN MALLOMARS? Did you know that too much water can kill you, too? Are you going to ban water next?

billvon

>How on earth did you get ban religion out of that?

It's one of the most common tropes here.

"I don't think that eating Mallomars all day is good for you."

"What, you want to BAN MALLOMARS? Did you know that too much water can kill you, too? Are you going to ban water next?

Well, what do you know, Bill got the attempt at dry humor.:D

NOT directed at any one person...

it's about how the individual feels they are included in a healthy society - oddly, religion COULD be a way to do that, if it weren't for the nutbags, most people do fine - those of faith, and those not so much..

It's appalling that you light-thinking people bash all the good people out here simply because they have a religious belief. Your opinions on the reality of the benefits of religious belief is small-minded to say the least.

Believe or not as is your choice. You are making asses out of yourselves by bashing the good people out here AND the driving force of their goodness AND the good works they do.

No, don't back track now....you say believers are idiots, in so many words, yet it's just those "idiots" who would be sorely missed should they decide to stop doing those good works.

Ask yourself...What is really driving me to bash others for their religious beliefs?

How many of you do it because you don't have a religious belief so, in order to make yourselves feel better and more sophisticated than others, you feel the need to bring others down to a status lower than yours?

Nutters are nutters. Yep, some nutters do things trying to hide behind the screen of "religion". It's pretty small-minded to assume that it's the religion and not the individual.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

the christain church is very much in decline in the North East states, Oregan, Washington State to name a few.

Do they even teach geography in US schools anymore?

The US does have a high number of religious zealots, but certainly has a higher number of non-religious than thought. Unlike Europe, in the US you can easily be ostracised by friends, family and even damage your career if you are openly athiest or agnostic - better to just say "yeah I'm Protestant" and not incur the hassle
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"