rushmc

IRS Criminal Behavior

DanG

However, the left does not consider unions political and they would still be able to give money to the Dems

Both sides are the same, but I know it's not possible for you to make a post without a partisan dig.

This scandal is not about the ability to give money to a cause. It's about the ability to do it tax free and without having to disclose your donors. That's what the organizations investigated by the IRS wanted, not just the ability to operate in the political arena, but to do so while enjoying special tax free status.

First off, I mentioned both parties about
I guess you missed that

And you are missing the scandal
The scandal is a Fed dept using its power to harass those who believe differently than they do politcally

IE, they let the liberal orgs go through quickly and delayed and harreased conservative groups

They even asked them illegal questions

So you, bot sides are the same

And I guess you cant resist a snotty comment to claim the high ground

sheesh
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Nope, but at least I'll own it. I get snarky. Not always, but probably more often than I should.

And yeah, you play lip service to being non-partisan, but instead of criticizing the administration, it's always "the left" or "liberals" that you're down on.

- Dan G

DanG

Nope, but at least I'll own it. I get snarky. Not always, but probably more often than I should.

And yeah, you play lip service to being non-partisan, but instead of criticizing the administration, it's always "the left" or "liberals" that you're down on.

Well
this one is a facts be damned scandal
And I think you know it
But liberalism must survive
Regardless of who needs to be thrown under the bus

Oh, I am very sure you know what playing lip service it too
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

Honestly, can you take a second before you hit post and reread what you've written? It is very hard to converse with someone when you have no idea what they're trying to say.

Sorry
I don't see any honesty in your replies to me

I replied following your thread drift (about 501 groups)
And then you admittedly get snotty

Glad you own it
Abraham Lincoln

Well

Now we know that the IRS lead lied about the influx of new tax exempt requests

as they have been dropping in numbers since 09

Can anyone tell me ONE truth that the IRS or the Admin has spoken?
Abraham Lincoln

Oops
Local agents huh:S

Carter Hull, an IRS Attorney in Washington, D.C. closely oversaw the agency’s scrutiny of tea party groups and other conservative organizations in an apparent contradiction of top agency officials, who insisted that low-level employees in Cincinnati were to blame for the now widening scandal.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday that Elizabeth Hofacre of the Cincinnati office told congressional investigators that she had limited autonomy to act on her own when it came to questioning conservative organizations.

"I was essentially a front person, because I had no autonomy or no authority to act on [applications] without Carter Hull's influence or input," she said in transcripts of her interview, according to the Journal.

The newspaper also reported that interview transcripts suggest Gary Muthert of the Cincinnati office was among the first IRS employees to begin searching for tea-party groups by name among the groups seeking tax-exempt status in March 2010 at the request of a local manager who told him that “Washington, D.C. wanted some cases.” At first he was told to pull seven applications.

But over the following two months he expanded his search to include groups with “patriot” and “9/12” in their applications for a total of about 40 tea-party cases.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/irs-tea-party-targeting/2013/06/05/id/508327
Abraham Lincoln

(Reuters) - A misfired email from a U.S. Internal Revenue Service employee in Cincinnati alerted a number of Washington IRS officials that extra scrutiny was being placed on conservative groups in July 2010, a year earlier than previously acknowledged, according to interviews with IRS workers by congressional investigators.

Transcripts of the interviews, reviewed by Reuters on Thursday, provided new details about Washington managers' awareness of the heightened scrutiny applied by front-line IRS agents in Cincinnati to applications for tax-exempt status from conservative groups with words like "Tea Party" in their names.

The size of this is yet to be seen
Abraham Lincoln

66% see the behavior for what it is despite the media and admin lies

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/12/fox-news-poll-irs-targeting-intentional-act-to-punish-political-opponents-most/

Two-thirds of American voters (66 percent) think the Internal Revenue Service targeted conservative groups as part of a high-level operation to punish political opponents. Far fewer -- 23 percent -- think it was a mistake by a handful of lower-level IRS employees.

That’s according to a just-released Fox News poll.

Even Democrats, by a seven percentage-point margin, are more likely to think the targeting was a punitive measure ordered by higher-ups.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/12/fox-news-poll-irs-targeting-intentional-act-to-punish-political-opponents-most/#ixzz2W3J0LXE1

Abraham Lincoln

501 c4 non-profits are supposed to be educational.

The Conservatard teascumlicans were and are abusing the IRS non-profit exemptions so as to hide the names of their donors. None of the organizations targeted by the IRS were actual "educational" groups. Wholly political, 100%, is why they were, AND SHOULD BE, targeted for careful scrutiny.

The liberal groups who try to perform the same bullshit should be, and often ARE targeted for close scrutiny as well.

Liberals have much more respect of the rule of law than the teascumlicans 'tards that advocate overthrowing the elected government in favor of the extremely wealthy that are the funders and founders of their movement.

Another tempest in a teapot, blown all out of proportion by the corporate (read Rescumlican) owned media conglomerates.

Conservatards are so easily whipped up into a righteous froth, based upon inaccurate information, it is laughable, at first. Then it becomes scary. The idiots believe the bullshit they are fed, without questioning any of it. These nitwits vote, and vote for those that do NOT give a rat's ass about their real issues. That is very scary to those of us with brains, and knowledge of history.

Nothing positive for society has ever come from conservative philosophy. NOT ONE THING. All of the positives have originated from progressive philosophy.

funjumper101

The liberal groups who try to perform the same bullshit should be, and often ARE targeted for close scrutiny as well.

typing that must have really hurt

this, more than anything, really shows that even the most brainwashed in the country still think something stinks here

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

funjumper101

The Conservatard teascumlicans were and are abusing the IRS non-profit exemptions so as to hide the names of their donors. None of the organizations targeted by the IRS were actual "educational" groups. Wholly political, 100%, is why they were, AND SHOULD BE, targeted for careful scrutiny.

Liberals have much more respect of the rule of law than the teascumlicans 'tards that advocate overthrowing the elected government in favor of the extremely wealthy that are the funders and founders of their movement.

Another tempest in a teapot, blown all out of proportion by the corporate (read Rescumlican) owned media conglomerates.

Conservatards are so easily whipped up into a righteous froth, based upon inaccurate information, it is laughable, at first. Then it becomes scary. The idiots believe the bullshit they are fed, without questioning any of it. These nitwits vote, and vote for those that do NOT give a rat's ass about their real issues. That is very scary to those of us with brains, and knowledge of history.

Nothing positive for society has ever come from conservative philosophy. NOT ONE THING. All of the positives have originated from progressive philosophy.

First off, please calm down. Apoplectic rants like this can cause heart attacks and we don’t want that to happen to you

Second, please list one progressive group that the IRS has dealt with as it has with tea party groups

Third, your description of 501 (c) 4’s is partially correct. And one of the intents was to shield donors from harassment. The very kind of harrassement that was caused to one of the groups suing the IRS when said IRS illegally released the donor list to the Huffington Post.

Here is a bit more on these orgs

501(c)(4) organizations may inform the public on controversial subjects and attempt to influence legislation relevant to its program[37] and, unlike 501(c)(3) organizations, they may also participate in political campaigns and elections, as long as its primary activity is the promotion of social welfare.[38] The tax exemption for 501(c)(4) organizations applies to most of their operations, but contributions may be subject to gift tax, and income spent on political activities - generally the advocacy of a particular candidate in an election - is taxable.[39]

So the dollars given by the donors is not a tax deduction to them

A few facts the Conservatards mostly know and Dumbocrats have yet to realize

Oh, and if not for conservatives, we might still have slavery
Abraham Lincoln

funjumper101

The Conservatard teascumlicans

. . . and everything you say after that is just noise. Grow up Jeannie.[:/] Not many will ever take what you write seriously, or even read what you write if you keep being so childish.

Name calling? Seriously?

How old are you?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

[Reply]Liberals have much more respect of the rule of law than the teascumlicans 'tards that advocate overthrowing the elected government in favor of the extremely wealthy that are the funders and founders of their movement.

So liberals are the status quo preservers and the tea partiers are the revolutionaries. Pretty amazing thing. I'm not necessarily disagreeing that liberals are as fond of being despots as anybody.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

DanG

Do you know what the term 'conservative' means? By definition, it is not conservatives who struggle to change the status quo.

really pointless post - and 'liberal' means large servings

it's silly to be stuck in the dictionary here - there are Liberals that want the status quo on some things and Conservatives that want a lot of change on other things

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

lawrocket

So liberals are the status quo preservers and the tea partiers are the revolutionaries.

mathematically then:

liberals = conservatives
and
Tea partiers = liberals

therefore
teapartiers = liberals = conservatives

therefore
anyone interested in politics is pretty much the same as anyone else

Q.
E.
(something)

rehmwa

Do you know what the term 'conservative' means? By definition, it is not conservatives who struggle to change the status quo.

really pointless post - and 'liberal' means large servings

it's silly to be stuck in the dictionary here - there are Liberals that want the status quo on some things and Conservatives that want a lot of change on other things

DanG was spot on. Mid 19th Century Republicans are largely responsible for the elimination of slavery. THEY, however, were not conservatives. The Republican party of today bears no resemblance to Lincoln's party except in name. In fact it doesn't even bear much resemblance to Reagan's party.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

The Republican party of today bears no resemblance to Lincoln's party except in name.

except for the tall hats and mutton chops???

loudtom

bwaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa
that is so funny you being all sarcastic and stuff...
thanks I needed that

Conservatards apparently are unable to perform the most basic Internet search. Can't say that is surprising.

A Google search turns up plenty of FACTUAL information on IRS 501 c investigations, and the results of those investigations.

Willful ignorance of the facts is a hallmark of conservatard philosophy. One must take what Faux Spews and Newsmax reports as gospel. No questioning of the current talking points is permitted.

funjumper101

***bwaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa
that is so funny you being all sarcastic and stuff...
thanks I needed that

Conservatards apparently are unable to perform the most basic Internet search. Can't say that is surprising.

A Google search turns up plenty of FACTUAL information on IRS 501 c investigations, and the results of those investigations.

Willful ignorance of the facts is a hallmark of conservatard philosophy. One must take what Faux Spews and Newsmax reports as gospel. No questioning of the current talking points is permitted.

It is rather difficult to get past all the poison to determine if you actually have anything to say.

I suppose your point is, in fact, the spewing of vitriol. Given that the sum total of your content boils down to "I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU...,), that mission is accomplished.