rushmc

IRS Criminal Behavior

CygnusX-1

Anyone here like were this is going?

Absolutely! I hope they go after those right wing fringe groups and wipe them off the face of the, um, tax free status. After that is done, they can then go after the left wing fringe groups and wipe them out too. Then they can to after religious groups, government contractors, charities, and everyone else. Eliminate all tax free status for everybody. Nobody gets a free ride.

Why not go after the National Treasury Employees Union too.. 150,000 employees in 31 government agencies, including, the IRS. Of course they endorsed obama.http://spectator.org/archives/2013/05/16/the-liberal-union-behind-the-i
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Someone on another forum said the following on a thread about whether Benghazi or the IRS scandal was worse:

Benghazi was negligence and showed the danger of wearing rose-colored glasses... and it got good Americans killed. Then they lied about it... that's bad enough.

But the IRS thing is a direct move into the realm of tyranny. It's the government suppressing legitimate political speech/organizing from its own citizens and population; literal "banana-republic" kind of stuff.

It's VERY dangerous. It makes the Federal Government the enemy... and I don't mean in the rhetorical "big government is bad, and slowly eroding our liberties" sense. I'm talking about government men literally coming to your home/business, simply because you objected to the direction the government is moving. Try to start up a legal organization to help spread your viewpoint? Nope... you're denied, and shunted into paperwork hell for YEARS, during the run-up to a critical election. Then you get audited... all because you believe in the Constitution.

It's so very dangerous because once you take away Americans ability to peaceably organize/lobby/petition for the redress of grievances (and you send government goons against them when they try), you get people thinking about other ways to redress their grievances.

And we do NOT want to go there.

Damn these people for what they're doing... I do NOT want this for my country.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

kallend

*********http://washingtonexaminer.com/report-irs-denied-tax-exempt-status-to-pro-lifers-on-behalf-of-planned-parenthood/article/2529750

Report: IRS denied tax-exempt status to pro-lifers on behalf of Planned Parenthood

Good. Advocating against health care for women shouldn't be done at taxpayers' expense.

Oh, so you advocate an illegal abuse of power if it fits your agenda. Nice to know.

I advocate AGAINST tax exempt status for anyone or any group pushing a political agenda. Or a religious one.

The 503 (c) 4 status has the following
The donors can NOT deduct the donation
So the dollars donated are not a tax exemption
The org does not have to pay tax on the donations (which is ok with me because these are taxed dollars and do not reduce the donors taxes)
The reason the 503 C 4 was created was to keep the donors names private
So other groups can not harass them

THIS is why the Dems do not like it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

CanuckInUSA

***You don't really think a speech by a Right Wing Republican is going to make any difference to the hard left wingers do you? They just roll their eyes and take glee over the fact it's their "enemy" who is on the receiving end of these IRS transgressions. Oh....and Bush was worse, don't you know?

Yes I know, rather obtuse of me to think someone would actually listen to what was being said. Today the IRS is coming after Republicans, tomorrow they will be coming after everyone who has not bought their Obamacare insurance. And whistle blowers who know of government wrong doings will think twice about picking up the phone because they can't trust that their conversations are not being listen to by the justice department.

Certainly not the sort of country your founding fathers envisioned. B|

Spot On!

It is time to eliminate the IRS
Flat tax time
Abraham Lincoln

If this happened to liberal groups under a republican administration the liberals would be protesting outside the white house and demanding some heads.
They would also use it as an excuse to stage peaceful protest around the country where they would start breaking out windows and throwing bottles at police.

>If this happened to liberal groups under a republican administration the liberals
>would be protesting outside the white house and demanding some heads.

Right. So instead GOPers are protesting and demanding some heads.

>They would also use it as an excuse to stage peaceful protest around the country
>where they would start breaking out windows and throwing bottles at police.

Which liberal posted this?
=========
. . . is there anything that can be done to prevent civil war?

Yes, there is.

We can emulate the Sons of Liberty of old.

We can break their windows.

These windows are not far away from where you are reading this right now. In virtually every city and county in this land, there is a local headquarters of Pelosi’s party — the Democrat party. These headquarters invariably have windows. . .

So, if you wish to send a message that Pelosi and her party cannot fail to hear, break their windows.

Break them NOW.

Break them and run to break again. Break them under cover of night. Break them in broad daylight. Break them and await arrest in willful, principled civil disobedience. Break them with rocks. Break them with slingshots. Break them with baseball bats.
===========

Let's recap:

The targeting took place under a commissioner who was a Bush appointee.

The Inspector General, a Bush appointee, who exposed it said the actions originated within the IRS.

Seems like a lot of GOP smoke and no fire here.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Let's recap:

The Inspector General, a Bush appointee, who exposed it said the actions originated within the IRS.

Ah... so it's all Bush's fault....perfect.

Who freakin cares who appointent whom? If people were being targeted for their political views, then those responsible need to be brought to justice.

Where does that buck stop again????.........What's that? I couldn't hear you. A little louder...Where does that buck stop?

My thought is that the presence of those Bush appointees means that it really is more likely a localized stupid & potentially political decision, rather than a Svengali-ish national one. No, it's not Bush's fault.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

My thought is that the presence of those Bush appointees means that it really is more likely a localized stupid & potentially political decision, rather than a Svengali-ish national one. No, it's not Bush's fault.

Wendy P.

Right, Bush appointees stupid and politically driven.

Obama appointees, highly intelligent and non-partisan. :S:S

wmw999

Wendy P.

Wendy
the localized lie has already been debunked

Over 500 applications recieved "special" treatment. One group that has been waiting 3 years filed suit yesterday

This "Bush" apointee is in the news

He contributed to the Obama campain so it seems Bush put qualified people in place instead of rewarding those who supported him

There are now lists of questions that the IRS was asking the applicants that show how bad this really is

If you love Obama so much you dont give a shit about the country then ok

But I dont think this is you

Do some google searches

This whole thing is a real mess
The WH knew about it

Just not our mushroom president who seems to be kept in the dark about everything[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Just not our mushroom president who seems to be kept in the dark about everything[:/]

Well, he doesn't know anything about anything unless it's something he can take credit for. Like killing Bin Laden. In that case, he was able to stay awake all night and pulled the virtual trigger.

Right, Bush appointees stupid and politically driven.

Obama appointees, highly intelligent and non-partisan.

Not sure how you got that. More that the presence of non-partisan Democrats in the line meant that it's more likely that politically motivated decisions remained below them and didn't pass through.

I'd certainly hope so -- to me it's one of the strengths of keeping on people from a previous administration. That and that whole experience thing -- it's not overrated sometimes.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Gravitymaster

Of course, you realize this is all a plot by Bush, Romney and the extreme right wing to destroy that IRS so they can implement major changes in the tax laws.

Think of the Bush appointees as "Sleeper Cells" left in place but still under Bush's direction from his ranch in Texas.

Just like the DOJ sleeper cells left by Clinton;)
Abraham Lincoln

FYI

On May 3, 2012. Marks gave what IRS officials described as a “presentation” to Miller describing her findings. Marks said the investigation had found significant problems in the review process and a substantial bias against conservative group, Ahmad said. No written findings were produced as a result, the aide said, and it does not appear the internal review led to any disciplinary actions against IRS employees.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/05/21/internal-irs-probe-cited-same-problems-with-approach-to-conservative-groups-in-may-2012-house-aide-says/
Abraham Lincoln

Do you consider the Wahington Post a right wing paper?

Originally called KSP/True the Vote, the group filed in July 2010 for tax-exempt status as a 501(c)(3) charity organization. In August 2011, the group changed its name to True the Vote Inc.; King Street Patriots has separately been seeking the 501(c)(4) status from the IRS. True the Vote has come under fire for intimidating African-American and other minority voters at the polls.

“Due to True the Vote’s perceived conservative policy positions and affiliation with Tea Party organizations, the IRS and IRS Employees systematically targeted True the Vote’s application for additional review and scrutiny, whereby True the Vote was deliberately subjected to numerous unnecessary and burdensome requests for information about its operations and affiliations,” the lawsuit reads. “Consequently, True the Vote was forced to furnish to the IRS information and documents wholly unnecessary to the determination of True the Vote’s tax-exempt status, which were repeatedly accessed and inspected by IRS agents.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/05/21/conservative-group-true-the-vote-sues-irs-over-being-subject-to-heightened-scrutiny/
Abraham Lincoln

Gravitymaster

Let's recap:

Ah... so it's all Bush's fault.

You may conclude that. In the absence of any evidence of WH involvement, one way or the other, I couldn't comment.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.