kallend

College costs and student debt

Hi John,

I agree, and many students who want to go to 4 year schools would actually do better to go to a community college for a year or two and then transfer. Would save them a ton of money.

And I would add that it also gives them the opportunity to make a more mature decision as to whether or not they want to continue or continue in the current field of study.

Yes, I am biased about doing the Comm. College first.

Just my old $0.02, if anyone cares,

JerryBaumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi John,

I agree, and many students who want to go to 4 year schools would actually do better to go to a community college for a year or two and then transfer. Would save them a ton of money.

And I would add that it also gives them the opportunity to make a more mature decision as to whether or not they want to continue or continue in the current field of study.

Yes, I am biased about doing the Comm. College first.

Just my old $0.02, if anyone cares,

JerryBaumchen

When I was dean some years ago, my school** had a conditional admit for weaker students that required them to go to a community college for a year and demonstrate good grades in math and basic science, and then they could transfer in as sophomores. It worked very well, but a change of upper administration ended it.

** which I am glad to say is #42 on the list of colleges with the best ROI, out of over 3,000 in the USA.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Debt is precious, desired and actively sought. Wall Street wants you to be in debt. That's how they make all the money. They're making college tuition so unaffordable to force students into being in debt to collect 6.7% on college loans upon graduation. It's a business and a bubble that will burst soon enough.

WhatIsAUsername

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaNlow-vmyA

This is a great docu that covers how the "we the" people are being taken advantage of for political and monetary gain just from wanting to pursue education.

Made Krikky.

I thought it rather shallow, but then it was designed to be inflammatory rather than informative.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.