kallend

Irresponsible parents of the week

If you really want to make your case, name the countries. Excluding super-patriotic jingoistic fuckwads, most folks would take into account whether it is countries and cultures worth brig compared to or not.

Or try to make the case on its merits instead of by comparitive shaming.

I pine for the days when Americans wanted to be moral leaders in the world, and not followers. I lament the mentality that America should gauge what the right thing to do is based on who else did the right thing first. It's gutless.

I made the case on its merits, and I stand by it. If you don't think the other countries have merit, my case still stands on its own.

I, for one, am willing to advocate for moral leadership.

and in some countries, death by stoning is legal. you cannot enforce the views of your society onto another. or shouldn't be able to, it's worked out so well in the middle east, though. and you shouldn't start legislating acceptable means of discipline from anyone either. there are always going to be limits as to what is acceptable, and they change, sometimes considerably as has been noted above. do you think that when franklin made the quote about giving up freedom for safety he was NOT looking in history for example as well?

and you forgot one, hitler and the nazis are responsible...
http://kitswv.com

You have, and I don't disagree. I just can't stand people who have no idea what the law is, what idly says, and what effect it had in the courts trying to tell everyone what the law is. (You obviously don't fit that category)

I also agree with the sentiment in your last post. I prefer to judge the country, like your argument, on its own merits. I despise moral relativism. I was just trying to offer a suggestion to bolster your "other countries" argument so that it might sink in on more people.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*