airtwardo

Rudely displaying a weapon?

I'm not sure what exact statutes he was charged with, but watching the video he did resist detention/arrest and he also was in violation of DOC (in regards to the firearm). Most DOC violations are class C, but displaying a weapon is a higher charge.

department of corrections violation?

Disorderly Conduct. Chapter 42 of the Texas Penal Code.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

With the exception of Florida. our two states have the most reciprocity with other states regarding CCL. One of the first things taught in the CCW course is - If an officer stops you, the first thing you must do is tell the officer that you are CCL holder and that I am carrying a weapon. By extension of the CCL, in Oklahoma we have open carry. Therefore, if he had made the proclamation at the very beginning, I think this _might_ have been handled differently.

Depends if he was ever given the chance. This guy wasn't: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc :S
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

It's also the reason why when I was a newbie I aspired to be a judge; but now, you couldn't get me to don a robe at the point of a gun.

It is a blessing then that SC provides you with an outlet for that basic intellectual drive.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

It's also the reason why when I was a newbie I aspired to be a judge; but now, you couldn't get me to don a robe at the point of a gun.

It is a blessing then that SC provides you with an outlet for that basic intellectual drive.

Yup, and DZ.com gets me a lot more money, a company car, a Title Honorific, and I can take my work wherever I go. Not a bad deal, in all.

Yup, and DZ.com gets me a lot more money, a company car, a Title Honorific, and I can take my work wherever I go. Not a bad deal, in all.

Good on ya. Some folks get it and some don't.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

With the exception of Florida. our two states have the most reciprocity with other states regarding CCL. One of the first things taught in the CCW course is - If an officer stops you, the first thing you must do is tell the officer that you are CCL holder and that I am carrying a weapon. By extension of the CCL, in Oklahoma we have open carry. Therefore, if he had made the proclamation at the very beginning, I think this _might_ have been handled differently.

Depends if he was ever given the chance. This guy wasn't: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc :S

apparently the cop in this video, after being recorded at least twice more with similar behavior, was fired in January.

However an arbitrator has now said the firing was uncalled-for, and he can have his job back if he gets medical approval. He was on workman's compensation and going for a disability pension....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone