skypuppy

ny-gun-confiscation-underway-citizens-told-to-turn-in-pistol-owner-id-firearms/

That honestly surprised me. I expected them to take the case. It is a direct question about the breadth of and limits to a constitutional right, and the appellate courts are divided. It's a good case for getting a little SCOTUS attention. I'd be flabbergasted if they don't hear one of the very similar cases coming down the pike.

I thought this was a joke, though.

The case turned down by the Supreme Court on Monday, Kachalsky v. Cacace, No. 12-845, was brought by five New Yorkers who had been denied permits to carry handguns in public. In urging the justices not to hear the case, Eric T. Schneiderman, New York’s attorney general, said the state’s permit requirement was a reasonable regulation that was consistent with the Second Amendment. The Illinois law, by contrast, he said, amounted to a blanket prohibition.

NY law amounts to a blanket ban. "Sure, we won't outlaw the carrying if guns, just let us regulate by permitting." "Psst, nobody tell them we just won't issue any permit except to the politically connected." Equal rights and protection? Sure, and the darker part of my lily white smells like roses.

In a statement issued Monday, Mr. Schneiderman said that “New York State has enacted sensible and effective regulations of concealed handguns, and this decision keeps those laws in place.” He added that the court’s order declining to hear the case amounted to “a victory for families across New York who are rightly concerned about the scourge of gun violence that all too often plagues our communities.”

Effective?!? Are you freaking kidding me? Effective against those not inclined to break the law maybe. Certainly not against those who commit "the scourge of gun violence that all too often plagues our communities.” Self contradictory hypocrisy much?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

So let's abandon seat belt laws because nothing will prevent all road accidents.

Lets abolish laws against bank robbery because we can't stop all bank robbers.

Let's leave all our doors open when we leave the house because burglars will always get in.

Let's not pre-flight airplanes before flying, because things go wrong anyway.

Followed later by:

Try to avoid strawman arguments, they just make you look silly.

Damn good thing the irony meter exploded earlier else we'd have massive casualties right here in SC. Oh! But wait! The Silliness Meter is up and runn....nope. It just exploded, too.
[:/]

Sorry I forgot the tag. I expected smart people would figure that out for themselves. Please note that I did NOT attribute my statements to him, so no strawman either.:P

I'm sure you have a dictionary somewhere.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That honestly surprised me. I expected them to take the case. It is a direct question about the breadth of and limits to a constitutional right, and the appellate courts are divided. It's a good case for getting a little SCOTUS attention. I'd be flabbergasted if they don't hear one of the very similar cases coming down the pike.

The case turned down by the Supreme Court on Monday, Kachalsky v. Cacace, No. 12-845, was brought by five New Yorkers who had been denied permits to carry handguns in public. In urging the justices not to hear the case, Eric T. Schneiderman, New York’s attorney general, said the state’s permit requirement was a reasonable regulation that was consistent with the Second Amendment. The Illinois law, by contrast, he said, amounted to a blanket prohibition.

NY law amounts to a blanket ban. "Sure, we won't outlaw the carrying if guns, just let us regulate by permitting." "Psst, nobody tell them we just won't issue any permit except to the politically connected." Equal rights and protection? Sure, and the darker part of my lily white smells like roses.

In a statement issued Monday, Mr. Schneiderman said that “New York State has enacted sensible and effective regulations of concealed handguns, and this decision keeps those laws in place.” He added that the court’s order declining to hear the case amounted to “a victory for families across New York who are rightly concerned about the scourge of gun violence that all too often plagues our communities.”

Effective?!? Are you freaking kidding me? Effective against those not inclined to break the law maybe. Certainly not against those who commit "the scourge of gun violence that all too often plagues our communities.” Self contradictory hypocrisy much?

Doesn't surprise me. They're obviously getting pressure from the white house about what they can do...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Doesn't surprise me. They're obviously getting pressure from the white house about what they can do...

Absolute NONSENSE. SCOTUS can stick it to the WH anytime they want. The justices have tenure for life and there's nothing the WH can do about it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.