quade

"Responsible" Gun Ownership

(CNN) -- A pistol in the hands of a 4-year-old boy went off during a weekend cookout, killing the wife of a Tennessee sheriff's deputy who was showing his guns to a relative, state police said Monday.

Source/Story:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/08/us/tennessee-gun-death/index.html

What the F is wrong with some people?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Some people are messed up because they shot someone while playing with a gun they picked up at a party when they were four...

...oh, you meant the Deputy, yeah he sounds like an idiot. I wonder if alcohol was involved...

NRA:
"Ban Kids!"

Naw. I think their solution to this event would be more armed guards.

No, a background check would have been the only thing that could have prevented this. :S

There are a LOT of ways this could have been prevented, but probably the best one would be not to leave a loaded gun laying around with a kid present. It appears Deputy Fife didn't remember something.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

(CNN) -- A pistol in the hands of a 4-year-old boy went off during a weekend cookout, killing the wife of a Tennessee sheriff's deputy who was showing his guns to a relative, state police said Monday.

Source/Story:

Thank You
You could have taken this another direction but instead you pointed to one idiot

The one that was responcible
Not a group
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

NRA:
"Ban Kids!"

Naw. I think their solution to this event would be more armed guards.

No, a background check would have been the only thing that could have prevented this. :S

Finger print cards, plus a yearly registration fee would also have prevented the accident. I gather the gun was already sold with child safety locks. Again people, its not the gun, its the idiots who are near guns that are the problem. It's almost like advocating the removal of highways to end accident prone drivers. A dumb idea.

No, a background check would have been the only thing that could have prevented this.

how exactly would a background check done a damn thing here?
They were a deputies firearms, he would have already had that completed as well as formal training.
Prevention would have started with common sense, dont leave your shit out where the kids can get it, a triggerlock, making sure they are not laying around loaded, etc.

The level of stupidity exhibited by some cops with their guns is absolutely amazing.

Basic safety rules ignored, common sense behavior right out of the window.

This is just the latest.
The ATF agent who shot himself in the foot (on YouTube) is one of the more famous.
There was a chief here in Wisconsin (Madison IIRC) who thought the oven would be a safe place to store his gun. And then forgot it was there and turned the oven on. And yes, the heat caused the ammunition to fire. And because it was IN the gun, it did what it was supposed to (loose rounds that cook off aren't as much of a threat).

Wait, I know...

Take the guns away from the cops.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Source/Story:

Thank You
You could have taken this another direction but instead you pointed to one idiot

Not a group

What about the group of idiots?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It appears Deputy Fife didn't remember something.

Agreed. If he had kept the bullet in his pocket like Andy* told him to, this would not have happened.

(* Taylor, not 9o8)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Source/Story:

Thank You

Not a group

What about the group of idiots?

What group are your claiming there is?

Are they someone you spend a lot of time with?

I know you like to use a singel to create a group

And that is dishonest at best
Abraham Lincoln

>Naw. I think their solution to this event would be more armed guards.

Exactly. If someone else had had a gun and was competent in using it, he could have dropped the 4 year old before he had a chance to pull the trigger. The problem is that not enough people at the cookout were armed.

And yet some claim that cops are "the only ones"(tm) that can be trusted to own and carry guns.

Then again those same people tend to hate police more often than not. Go figure.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

What I'm reflecting is the emotional use of recent events to pass a law that would have had ZERO impact or prevention on the cases used in the emotional baiting of the issue.
People believing otherwise are fools.

Mental issues and criminals are the problem. We're going to ignore that though. Good?

One of the primary thrusts of at least some of the current efforts appears to be background checks. As far as I can tell, that's directly aimed at making it harder for criminals and mental cases to get guns.

I can't make my house impregnable, but I still lock my doors, too.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

One of the primary thrusts of at least some of the current efforts appears to be background checks. As far as I can tell, that's directly aimed at making it harder for criminals and mental cases to get guns.

Wendy P.

Seems to be at a price even the ACLU cant stomach

http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/04/exclusive-aclu-says-reids-gun-legislation-could-threaten-privacy-rights-civil-liberties/

All this proposal will do is make criminals of the law abiding[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Via legal channels. They ones they aren't currently using - because of all the legal hurdles.
Now for the unforeseeable future when someone snaps....where is Kallend's future view machine?
What sort of law can we come up with to keep someone from snapping into a murderous rage?
:|

>Naw. I think their solution to this event would be more armed guards.

Exactly. If someone else had had a gun and was competent in using it, he could have dropped the 4 year old before he had a chance to pull the trigger. The problem is that not enough people at the cookout were armed.

The only thing that will stop a bad 4 year old with a gun is a good 4 year old with a gun.
Onward and Upward!

This guy was not a responsible gun owner, if he was he'd have proved the weapon before he did anything else. His wife is dead and his child fucked up for life because he was a twat.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca