Andy9o8

Videotaping Farm Cruelty is Becoming the Crime

rushmc

the only thing that should be illegal here is the false premise of the title of this thread
Shame on you Andy

As far as the laws go
Fire them up
PETA and its ilk are pig shit and should be treated as such

Their not farmers, they don't know,..

BUT in this legislation are many provisions that make filming our food supply and processing plants ill eagle.

Remember the peanut sal and contamination, it took the FDA, CDC and about 20 DEAD kids to fine them. And not being able to film the processing plant was a major problem in bringing these abusers to light. Our food supply should not be a national secret, this is what is at the heart of this, not those peta dopes!!! :)
It's not about PETA it's about protecting our food from some very unscrupulous companies. And hey, what are they hiding anyways????

As far as abuse, well let those PETA idiots process their own lamb, see how they like that, they certainly don't have an issue in their yuppie resteraunts!

C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

DanG

Not by tresspassing it isnt

Trespassing is already illegal. Why do you need a specific law regarding ag businesses?

Because of the un-needed shit storm they create
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Because of the un-needed shit storm they create

So you're against new laws regarding the 2nd Amendment because they just duplicate existing laws, but you're for new laws regarding the 1st Amendment because you don't like the subject matter. Didn't you once say that all of the rights in the Bill of Rights are equally important?

- Dan G

Look
These laws are a good thing
the OP lable is a lie
nuff said

Um, we're here to discuss and debate. If your best response to my pointing out your hypocrisy is, "nuff said," then you clearly don't have a well thought out position.

The laws aren't good. The OPs title is accurate, and "ag gag" laws are a clear violation of 1st Amendment rights.

Nuff said.

- Dan G

Sure
You version of freedom of speach protects harrasment

If you call that hypocrisy, we have no where else to go

but of course, you had to make this about me
Abraham Lincoln

You version of freedom of speach protects harrasment

Actually, yes, to some extent. Look up the concept of "prior restraint". If all videotaping at ag businesses is made illegal, then how do you know if the person doing the videotaping is planning on being harrassing? The 2nd Amendment corollary is to outlaw all guns because some people use them for illegal purposes. It's wrong.

If you call that hypocrisy, we have no where else to go

No, your hypocrisy is claiming to support all the rights in the BoR equally, but then supporting restrictions on the 1st.

but of course, you had to make this about me

It's not about you, it's about your position on the subject. I haven't attacked you at all, just your position.

- Dan G

DanG

Trespassing is already illegal. Why do you need a specific law regarding ag businesses?

this

if they are already breaking the law, then a good way to fix this is the use of their own video as evidence to arrest them for trespassing and vandalism and whatever else they did to get the footage

no need for extra videos - privacy and trespassing, etc already is protected

It's like banning 'texting' specifically instead of just bad driving for any reason -

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

this

if they are already breaking the law, then a good way to fix this is the use of their own video as evidence to arrest them for trespassing and vandalism and whatever else they did to get the footage

no need for extra videos - privacy and trespassing, etc already is protected

It's like banning 'texting' specifically instead of just bad driving for any reason -

Actually, I understand (as in, comprehend) why. These bastards and their corrupt legislative enablers may be thugs, but they're not stupid. You see, it's to close the loophole of whether someone who obtains a job at the venue for the undisclosed purpose of secretly filming, and who films while on the premises in the course of his (thus-obtained) "employment", is or is not "trespassing" as defined in each particular state's criminal statutes. That's exactly how I'd defend a client charged with trespass under such circumstances. Huge grey area, and I can see lots of judges disagreeing on the answer.

Never conflab a wrongdoer's evil with stupidity.

If the title to your thread had been "Videotaping Farming and Livestock Activites is Becoming a Crime", I would have had much less issue with your post

It imply's livestock farming is always cruel.
Some practices? Maybe, but it is highly subjective to most and an ultimate crime to the PETA terrorists

But what you posted is hightly misleading at best
Abraham Lincoln

Andy9o8

Nah, I don't think so. Even though I copied & pasted it from the original article, I still stand by it.
Reasons? See above.

I lived in the middle of the farming belt all my life
I grew up on a farm
I still work around and on farms
You can stand by it but it is still misleading at best
Abraham Lincoln

Only about 100 Ford Pintos exploded out of about 3 MILLION Pintos that were produced.

Following rushmc logic (TM), the Pinto didn't have a problem, and anyone who documented evidence of Pinto gas tank explosions was a scaremongering scumbag.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.