shattenjager

Combat veteran with "infidel" tattoo asked to leave Florida DZ

>Do you think it would be OK to ask a jewish person to cover or remove a star of david or leave?

Nope. But a "Jew eliminator" tattoo? It might be appropriate to ask him to cover that. Even if he was in fact that when he was in the military.

Why is it, then, when you found out people WERE offended, you wouldn't make an effort to resolve the issue? I know when I find out I've inadvertently offended someone, I do my best to make sure they understand that it was unintentional and help ensure it doesn't happen again. That is just good manners and respect.

^ This. Yes, Exactly.
www.wci.nyc

LOL! Busted! Check the date on our friend's post. This was posted on Skydive Lake Wales' Facebook page by another jumper.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/68588_4565420579826_636332911_n.jpg

Edited to provide the source of the photo.

Wow... That's a great find right there. Sure blows his story out of the water doesn't it? Those posts are over TWO years old.

His words:

"It actually says khafir, which means one without religion. But since the war its evolved and the extremists use it to mean one who opposes Islam. It's different than infidel, but khafir is a derogatory term they use in place of infidel. I had an arabic speaking family member verify what it says."

and:

"I got it because we were attacked due to our beliefs, people who I fought with died because of this word. This is me saying to all extremists... This is who I am, come get me."

Sounds like he got exactly what he wanted, a reaction out of the Qataris, despite them being a bunch of turds themselves in their own ways.

I'll say it again. All three sides made mistakes.

The Qataris need to realize they are in America where freedom of speech is a given, which is not available in their own country. Harden the fuck up.

Betty got forced in the middle. Maybe she could have told the Qatari general to go talk to Eddie if he had a problem because she's running the DZ, not being a nanny.

Eddie took offense to her suggestions and publicly outed her and the DZ, when he could have taken the high road, or at least understood the difficult position he and the Qataris put her in. He didn't have to be an ass about it.

That's just my personal opinion, but I do appreciate his service in the military nonetheless.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>Maybe she could have told the Qatari general to go talk to Eddie if he had a problem
>because she's running the DZ, not being a nanny.

Hmm. If I were the DZO, and I knew this guy had a tattoo on his leg meant to anger Arabs, that effectively said "This is who I am, come get me" - I don't think I'd send the Qataris over to talk to him.

>Do you think it would be OK to ask a jewish person to cover or remove a star of david or leave?

Nope. But a "Jew eliminator" tattoo? It might be appropriate to ask him to cover that. Even if he was in fact that when he was in the military.

I think the simplest tattoo to offend the Jewish is attached here:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I agree...it's an emotional issue.

I'd bet BOTH parties wish at this point they done things differently.

Hard to get the toothpaste back in the tube...;)

Or to quote the philosopher Joe Rogan:

"You can't take something off the Internet; That's like trying to take pee out of a swimming pool!"

(from an episode of "Newsradio")
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

:

"I got it because we were attacked due to our beliefs, people who I fought with died because of this word. This is me saying to all extremists... This is who I am, come get me."

The key word here is extremists. By being offended by it, the Qataris unknowingly sided with them.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

>Maybe she could have told the Qatari general to go talk to Eddie if he had a problem

Hmm. If I were the DZO, and I knew this guy had a tattoo on his leg meant to anger Arabs, that effectively said "This is who I am, come get me" - I don't think I'd send the Qataris over to talk to him.

You forgot the word extremists.

As pompous as the Qataris acted, this assumption the two parties could not have a rational discussion about it is insulting to both. :(
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

How does the word infidel = muslim eliminator?
From what I've heard the word used in the tat is only offensive to islamic extremist.
Religious extremist of any faith tend to be extremely intolerant,extremely militant,and extreme assholes.
Most good christians,jews,and even good peaceful muslims would pray for a non believer to come out of the darkness and into the light of god.

How does the word infidel = muslim eliminator?

Well, the first thing you need to realise is the word wasn't "infidel."

The next thing you need to realize is that most words have multiple meanings depending of circumstance and usage.

If, for instance, I say a person is a member of a "clan" I could mean that he's Scottish, a member of a group of gamers or he's a white supremacist.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Point is that he was asked to either cover the tat or leave.
Do you think it would be OK to ask a jewish person to cover or remove a star of david or leave?

He was NOT asked to leave...he said so himself, the dropzone said so. THAT didn't happen.

It's not as an emotionally fueled story..but it's factual.

Besides he's such a tough mutherfucker he can't skydive in trousers or jump suit in 80 degree weather cause its too hot. I always knew bellyfliers were hard core and freefliers were wimps.;)
falling unstable does not equate to freeflying
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Same way "faggot" meant "cigarette" but got turned into a derogatory term for gays. Same goes for "nigger" "towelhead" "kike" "wop" "bastard" "bitch" "cunt" etc. Yes, you might be literally correct if you walked up to someone and called them a bastard - but they're probably going to get insulted.

Same way "faggot" meant "cigarette" but got turned into a derogatory term for gays. Same goes for "nigger" "towelhead" "kike" "wop" "bastard" "bitch" "cunt" etc. Yes, you might be literally correct if you walked up to someone and called them a bastard - but they're probably going to get insulted.

I'm insulted...you forgot Polack! >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You've got a point there.

"Army veteran gets in brawl with Qatari skydiving team over offensive arabic tattoo, news at 10" :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Eddie,

I am confused as to why you have this tattoo and apparently you are as well since you have given 3 different explanations on 3 different occasions.

On Feb26, 2013 at 12:45pm you stated via your Facebook page that you know it is derogatory and “I got it because we were attacked due to our beliefs, people I fought with died because of this word. This is me saying to all extremists… this is who I am, come get me.”

On April 5, 2013 at 1:24pm you stated via dropzone.com that you got it because a friend of your who committed suicide wanted you to get the tattoo. Even then you said you knew it was offensive and did not want to get it.

On April 5, 2013 at 7:52pm you stated “I put the tattoo on my leg for the same reason that Rosa Parks decided to sit at the front of the bus.”

So what is the real reason Eddie?

Does it have anything to do with more hits on your site means more donations to your tax free company that possibly gives you personal gain? (What would the IRS have to say about this?)

Shame on you for smearing true military veterans deserving the highest gratitude and respect.

And don’t even think you are anywhere near the likes of Rosa Parks.

You are nothing more than a scam artists and the truth will come out soon enough.