shattenjager

Combat veteran with "infidel" tattoo asked to leave Florida DZ

All it takes to destroy a business is one self-entitled 300 jump chump who is intent on offending others.

Remeber, that was his self-admitted purpose in getting the tattoo.

Nice.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

All it takes to destroy a business is one self-entitled 300 jump chump willing to offend others.

Nice.

If this business is destroyed, greed will be the cause of death. :|

Were it just one Muslim fun jumper, doubt it would have been handled by the DZO or the offended party the same way.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

All it takes to destroy a business is one self-entitled 300 jump chump willing to offend others.
Nice.

Were it just one Muslim fun jumper, doubt it would have been handled by the DZO or the offended party the same way.

And were it not for a guy with such an axe to grind he tattooed it on his leg for the sole purpose of being a jerk to an entire religion of people . . . well, it probably also would have never happened. I'm nearly certain that if he had written the word "Jesus" or put a cross on his leg nobody would have said anything and yet would have made it just as clear to the world he was an "infidel" in the eyes of Muslims. But no. He intentionally picked the most offensive way he could figure out to do it. He says as much. He was intentionally trying to be provocative.

To me, that makes all the difference in the world.

Yes, freedom of speech, but ya don't have to be a jackass.

Isn't this exactly why we dislike the Westboro Baptist Church?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Nice.

And were it not for a guy with such an axe to grind he tattooed it on his leg for the sole purpose of being a jerk to an entire religion of people . . . well, it probably also would have never happened. I'm nearly certain that if he had written the word "Jesus" or put a cross on his leg nobody would have said anything and yet would have made it just as clear to the world he was an "infidel" in the eyes of Muslims. But no. He intentionally picked the most offensive way he could figure out to do it. He says as much. He was intentionally trying to be provocative.

+1

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

NO, but I know a female packer who left that day because she felt offended.

So you're getting your panties in a twist because of what you think might have happened...but don't have actual facts in hand...is that factual?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

So here we go. I took about five minutes to find some images for those who believe the fun jumper was simply trying to tell the world he's not Muslim. THIS is how the word 'kafir' is being used. Notice the font is identical, to include the abnormally long space between the 'K' (the thing that looks like a less-than sign on the right side of the word) and the "A" (the vertical line connected at the bottom) in the word 'kafir.'

http://carryingthegun.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/majorleagueinfidel.jpg

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0168/7224/products/DECAL_INFIDEL_5INCH_large.jpg?243

http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5607637/il_fullxfull.256168832.jpg

http://product-images.highwire.com/2349177/infidel--ak.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/ar_15_infidel_poster-rc6787addad4e4f709afefdd9b9eb6413_wi3_400.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvtSWHFne8MlEse_QJHHtCIqewyX2xbadeChuGAj6klYK1c_D4

http://www.decalvantage.com/images/source/rifle_gun_infidel.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpgYWtPwnDULsb4IA0rFt15XWt0aU1jH2FJdSCsqkVufkumBP6

The article concludes: "But that they would ask this soldier that was wounded in the name of American freedoms to cover up his tattoo to appease Muslims . . . that’s extremely offensive and disgusting."

My comment on the conclusion: Wow. What a racist cunt. :|

He did that so you quades could bitch here like you do and not have some raghead come and kick your head in but you don't have to appreciate it, just keep on piling on a vet...
I wish you quades had to serve a day like he did maybe you would shut your faces.
just mho

You tards don't have a clue what he went through in combat or otherwise while serving his country...go do it or shut up pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
why don't you guys go get an anti infidel tatt to protest that would be awesome..and then go to lw and walk around and send the pictures here...
sissies
tom #90 #54 #08 and now #5 with a Bronze :-)

I could point out that I am doing it, currently in Afghanistan, and have been for almost 16 years now but that would only serve to reinforce the idea that the jumpers veteran status is somehow relevant to this issue. Its not. Military service is not a free license to be a jerk.

I could point out that I am doing it, currently in Afghanistan, and have been for almost 16 years now but that would only serve to reinforce the idea that the jumpers veteran status is somehow relevant to this issue. Its not. Military service is not a free license to be a jerk.

Thank you for your service. I don't agree with the action there, from your services or ours, but I respect your will to serve. Also - and this is the relevant part to the thread - thanks for not being a dick. Apparently it's a struggle for some... :P
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

Its pretty much been said already but if it were a tat of the word niggar and a black Jumper found it offensive, I could only guess with a high degree of certainty that the Jumper with the tat would have been asked to cover it or leave, and no one would be bashing the dz for it.
Are the quatar teams annoying, rude and slow , in my few dealings with them in Florida.Yes they are, should we have to alter our culture to cater to them? Hell no, but from what I have read so far this ”Eddie” is just a punk ass kid running around being a jack ass using his military service to feel entitled to be a jerk.
Im also a 12 year veteran, love my country and did my trips across the pond. But this is just rediculous the trouble this is going to cause the dz.

Its pretty much been said already but if it were a tat of the word niggar and a black Jumper found it offensive, I could only guess with a high degree of certainty that the Jumper with the tat would have been asked to cover it or leave, and no one would be bashing the dz for it. .

As mentioned earlier, the analogy in this case would be if a black person had the nigger tattoo, and a white man found it offensive.

(I agree the person most likely has been provokative and if so, I think its not very mature. I just find it kind of strange how this word kafir suddebly turned around to be offensive towards muslims)

> the analogy in this case would be if a black person had the nigger tattoo, and a white man found it offensive.

Well, no. The Arab jumpers did not have the tattoo; the US jumper did. And in a language that most US jumpers could not read. It was clearly intended to be read by Arabs, not by other US jumpers.

> the analogy in this case would be if a black person had the nigger tattoo, and a white man found it offensive.

Well, no. The Arab jumpers did not have the tattoo; the US jumper did. And in a language that most US jumpers could not read. It was clearly intended to be read by Arabs, not by other US jumpers.

The word kafir is a derogatory word for a non islam believer.

Quote from wikipedia:

"Unbeliever. First applied to Meccans who refused submission to Islam, the term implies an active rejection of divine revelation. In Islamic parlance, a kāfir is a word used to describe a person who rejects Islamic faith"

"All four major Sunni schools of thought hold that whoever follows another religion besides Islam is an unbeliever (kafir)"

According to the wikipedia article the Quaran actually refers Kafir as someone who should be mocked, punished, terrorized, destroyed, slayed, crucified, cursed etc..

Similarly Nigger is a derogatory word used by white people. If a black person were to tattoo this on his skin, it would be comparable to an american tattooing the word kafir to his skin.

Now if a muslim takes it as an insult when the subject uses the word kafir of himself, it would be comparable if a white man takes it as an insult when a black person starts calling him self a nigger.

>The word kafir is a derogatory word for a non islam believer.

I'm going to go with the guy who has been translating this stuff for 16 years over the guy who looked something up on the Internet.

>If a black person were to tattoo this on his skin, it would be comparable to an
>american tattooing the word kafir to his skin.

No. Because other blacks could read the word "nigger" and it might mean something to them. In this case other Americans cannot read the word.

A better example would be a black person who tattoos the Hebrew word for "go holocaust!" on himself. Other blacks could not read it - but Jews could.

perhaps you should consider the fatwas this religion of peace decrees. He got a tat that pissed off some oil-rich Qatars. Big fucking deal. We've been giving them head for oil for years. I'm glad he pissed them off.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

perhaps you should consider the fatwas this religion of peace decrees. He got a tat that pissed off some oil-rich Qatars. Big fucking deal. We've been giving them head for oil for years. I'm glad he pissed them off.

I don't care that he pissed them off. Seriously, I don't. I don't see any issue at all with this story - I don't even think it's that much of a story. That's the point.

A business owner asked him to do something because the business owner felt he was negatively effecting his business. Big fucking deal.

So what that he was a vet. So what that it was a muslim that was offended - making that an issue is just out and out racism.

I posted in the other thread about a chic I was at 6-Flags with once who was told to put more clothes on or she would be denied entry. 6-Flags felt she was dressed too slutty and would offend some of their other customers. We found her a poncho. Same damn thing. She could have left in a piss and posted on her blog about how they'd singled her out because she was offending Christians. The poncho worked out better though.