shattenjager

Combat veteran with "infidel" tattoo asked to leave Florida DZ

Well the DZO did respond to a post on facebook. Seems that the veteran wasn't telling the whole story, or there are two sides to the story:

It gives me a heavy heart to ever think that anyone that know us would think we would be disrespectful to anyone form any country. This is a neutral place for all walks of the world to come to and enjoy. The story was not the whole truth in his statement. Betty
Yesterday afternoon we had an issue with a tattoo and the Qatar General bought it to our attention and that it was very offensive to him and to the other Qatar’s that were here. So manifest said she would ask Eddie to come talk to me about it. I asked Eddie if he had something to wear to cover it up while he was here and he said he did not, I said maybe a piece of tape or a little duct would work. Then he proceeded to say well maybe I will go over to Tampa Bay or somewhere to jump and I said then that was your choice to leave. He left my office and nothing else was said until we start getting slanderous phone calls and the facebook and social media began. He was “never” asked to leave. He volunteered to leave on his own.

It would be interesting to know if the Qatar General was asked by his troops to bring it up or decided to do so on his own.

On a personal note, someone who was injured by an extremist faction of a religious group should be granted a helluva lot more leeway.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

On a personal note, someone who was injured by an extremist faction of a religious group should be granted a helluva lot more leeway.

To behave like a fucking asshole toward the entire religious group, and not just the extremists? That's just bullshit.

I'd like to see their reaction with a David's star tattoo!! I guess they would feel offended too, poor Qatar guys!!:(

Such a star, or a crucifix, etc., is an expression of what one IS. The word "infidel" written in Arabic on the leg of a non-Muslim means - in that context, all semantic bullshit aside - "not a Muslim".

At some point, it becomes silly parsing out all the fact-twisting analogies which do not apply.
Either these fucking people (whoever they may be) get it, or they don't.
The repetition is becoming repetitious.

Again you are leading the topic to another direction, it doesn't matter if the symbol means or doesn't mean (belongs to a specific group or against), it matters the reaction that it provokes.
To put it in a simpler way to understand, how about a guy who walk into a church with a visible 666 tattoo? Same reaction. One group is offended from a person clearly stating that doesn't belong to that group.
Of course if you want take it to the "why a satanist want to walk into a church" , that's not in scope with this discussion.
The mind is like a parachute: If you don't open it, it doesn't work.

To behave like a fucking asshole toward the entire religious group, and not just the extremists? That's just bullshit.

What you deem behaving like an asshole could also be a tolerance example. The person, combined with their injuries, may just be making a statement to the importance of tolerance. "I was injured by religious extremists for not being one of them."

Islam and Muslims aren't well known for their tolerance of others, and the pork example at Perris shows these Qataris aren't very tolerant either.

If this person had tried to talk with the Qatari General and his troops, this may have been able to be resolved.

Sounds like everyone's panties are in a wad, and they each think their panties deserve to be in a wad. The guy, because he's a veteran. The Qataris, because they have money. And there are plenty of people willing to defend both sides.

Is this a great country or what?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Sounds like everyone's panties are in a wad, and they each think their panties deserve to be in a wad. The guy, because he's a veteran. The Qataris, because they have money. And there are plenty of people willing to defend both sides.

Is this a great country or what?

Wendy P.

The whole thing was handled poorly by all, but most so by the DZO/DZM.

All were within their rights, but the parties should have been brought together to talk it out .

Islam and Muslims aren't well known for their tolerance of others,

Neither are redneck motherfuckers. Sounds like they were rather evenly matched.

I'll take a combat veteran redneck motherfucker over a whiny rich towel head any day. ;)

How so? The DZO never asked them to leave.

At first I was outraged, but as more details have come to light it seems the vet wasn't entirely honest about the way the situation developed.
Performance Designs Factory Team

At first I was outraged, but as more details have come to light it seems the vet wasn't entirely honest about the way the situation developed.

The vet was singled out vs. bringing the complainer and the complainee together to work out their issues.

And if you own a business and a good customer complains about another customer, do you tell them to take it up with them directly, or do you try to run interference first -- because you'd prefer to keep everyone as a customer, and you figure you already have a relationship with each of the parties?

From Betty's post, it sounds like she didn't realize how pissed the guy was. And maybe he didn't, either, until later.

Of course, she may also not have even known he was a veteran.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

We still don't know that. He said..., the DZO said.....

It's unlikely we will ever really know. This entire conversation (regarding the FL incident) is still speculation, IMO.

bolding mine
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

And if you own a business and a good customer complains about another customer, do you tell them to take it up with them directly, or do you try to run interference first -- because you'd prefer to keep everyone as a customer, and you figure you already have a relationship with each of the parties?

From Betty's post, it sounds like she didn't realize how pissed the guy was. And maybe he didn't, either, until later.

Of course, she may also not have even known he was a veteran.

Wendy P.

She did try and run interference but when that wasn't successful should have brought the parties together to discuss.

Of course, the general could have also not involved the DZO and dealt with it directly.

the general could have also not involved the DZO and dealt with it directly.

:| Yeah, that would have gone well.

"Infidel!"
"Raghead!"
"Vagina of a camel!"
"Pig fucker!"
"Die, you dog!"

Multiple Stabbing and Shooting at Para-Jumping Locale.
Lake Wales, FL, March 31, 2013 (AP)

The U.S. State Department is doing its best to soothe ruffled diplomatic feathers tonight after a stabbing and shooting incident between a U.S. Army war veteran suffering from PTSD and members of a Qatari military skydiving team traveling under diplomatic passports.

Apparently the parties engaged in a dispute over a the vet's Arabic-language tattoo which reportedly insulted Islam. The vet is not believed to be Muslim or of Arabic ancestry himself.

It is believed from early reports that at least one assault weapon with high-capacity magazines and a bayonet lug was used in the melee. As the the US vet was being carried to an ambulance on a stretcher, he was reportedly heard screaming, "And that's for the pork in the bomb shelter, too!" Local skydivers interviewed denied knowledge of what bomb shelter the man was referring to. No bomb shelter is known to exist at the Lake Wales airport.

Twin towers and all of the other stuff they were able to pull off before the HEROES (All military) went to their homes and kicked their butts!!!

What about this?

We send this kids to protect us and our freedom by risking their own skin. We first send them to war and then we show no support!!! I'm sure that the guy with the "Offensive" tattoo had his good reasons to have that.

It's easy to be on a couch and do nothing while 20 years old are doing the hardest job that exists and pretend that when they come back after they lost hundreds of friends on the battlefield they'll be respectful of the enemy.