chemfx

Monsanto

Our government has their fingerprints all over this company. The kinds of things that make one go "hmmmmmm".....

Don't think it's anything new. The US govt has quite a bit of practice partnering with exploitative corporations.

United Fruit Company

Yeah, but these guys take it to a level that UFC could only dream of. They are trying to corner the worlds food market...and doing a good job of it.

They are poisoning people and land, know it and are actively covering it up.

These companies could very well be responsible for the extinction of the human species and countless others...and I don't think that's an exaggeration. :|

I can only think of one word for them: Criminal.

Any government officials covering for them need to be charged with treason and executed. Period.

I'll see your United Fruit Company and raise you the entire state (formerly independent nation) of Hawaii.
The post about Monsanto lawsuits brings another government culprit into the picture - judges who let those bullshit suits go forward.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

(1) Why aren’t these farmers all suing Monsanto for nuisance? Is there some pre-emption involved where farmers cannot sue when unwanted seed floats up (it would also require suing neighboring farmers); and
(2) Why isn’t the government going after Monsanto as a monopoly?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Our government has their fingerprints all over this company. The kinds of things that make one go "hmmmmmm".....

This is correct. People hold Monsanto to be an example of capitalism gone wrong. And that it is - because it's an example of government forming a consortium with business and making sure the rules protect it, in exchange for a little something...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

We only see the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what both Monsanto,the feds,and other governments are up to.
I remember hearing about several patents that were granted to Monsanto for plants that are resistant to extreme chemical alterations of the worlds soil.
I've also heard rumors of Monsanto participating in high altitude dispersion of chemicals for the purpose of altering the climate and the chemistry of the environment.
This makes you wonder about the jet contrails that last all day and spread for hundreds of miles after they have been spewed out.
Growing up in the sixties and seventies,I remember jet contrails were gone in minutes or an hour or two at most,and I can't see simple water vapor not dispersing very rapidly in the high cold dry air where contrails are created.
Not making claims,but kinda makes you go Hmmmm.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-187832/EU-countries-banned-GM-free.html

What can be said for the integrity of these 'scientists', and the media for failing to inform the masses of this?

Most people are completely unaware of GMO's let alone any of the effects they are having in their lives.

The line will probably be crossed at some stage that will prompt mass awareness, but it may be too late at that stage.

lawrocket

(1) Why aren’t these farmers all suing Monsanto for nuisance?

Because they're too busy dealing with Monsanto suing and harassing them.

It's a sad reflection on the government that this question, if asked seriously, is a naive one.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

masterblaster72

***(1) Why aren’t these farmers all suing Monsanto for nuisance?

Because they're too busy dealing with Monsanto suing and harassing them.

It's a sad reflection on the government that this question, if asked seriously, is a naive one. http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/may/14/tp-monsanto-wins-seed-patent-lawsuit/ They must be attempting to shut down the family farm, and force us to buy food from a corporation.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

ayevee8toryear

Monsanto losing on battle at a time...

http://www.ir-d.dk/gmo-lose-europe-victory-for-environmental-organisations/

The more aware the people are, the more their stocks will decline.

Here in the US, farmland is in decline. So much has fallen to development, and now the small farmers must fight corporations? It's all about control; no different from the government. There is no shortage of people who ignore the environment and invest and vote purely with their pocket books in mind, but this is slowly changing. To be realistic, I don't see butterfly powered Walmart trucks coming anytime soon, but scare the people about their food, and maybe we will see people start demanding answers from their representatives (if they haven't been bought already).

maybe we will see people start demanding answers from their representatives (if they haven't been bought already).

The perception of integrity must be retained to maintain and position. this becomes increasingly difficult the more people question and demand answers...

Nothing like health issues and death to bring things into perspective.

ayevee8toryear

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-187832/EU-countries-banned-GM-free.html

What can be said for the integrity of these 'scientists', and the media for failing to inform the masses of this?

Most people are completely unaware of GMO's let alone any of the effects they are having in their lives.

The line will probably be crossed at some stage that will prompt mass awareness, but it may be too late at that stage.

HAs it been pointed out that this article is over a decade old.
My photos

My Videos

ayevee8toryear

Looks like another major hurdle for GM crops.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2333381/GM-wheat-crops-America-facing-wheat-export-crisis-Europe-Japan-lead-way-rejecting-genetically-modified-crops.html

The apparent apathy of the US population on the subject might be highly costly.

If a country imports that nasty American coal I can't see them worrying about gmo crops. It's all about returns on the dollar. "Apathy"? Yes, but getting this story into the American classrooms would be a great start.

I have to agree with you on that for the most part. Are we sure of long term effects yet? Or if there are any at all? Probably not, but I think a lot of people complaining about GMO stuff or trying to get legislation passed about, aren't actually trying to outlaw it so much as they are requiring GMO products to be labeled. In all honestly, I 100% support that. Just like ingredient labels, or any labels on food, people deserve to know exactly what they are buying and eating.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

While I agree that consumers have the right to know what they are consuming, it's not to hard to figure out that if you see fresh fruits such as strawberries in January, that they been genetically altered. I also doubt most would be willing to pay 2-3 times as much for non-altered food.

Just sayin'...

Gravitymaster

While I agree that consumers have the right to know what they are consuming, it's not to hard to figure out that if you see fresh fruits such as strawberries in January, that they been genetically altered. I also doubt most would be willing to pay 2-3 times as much for non-altered food.

Just sayin'...

Seeing a fresh strawberry in January means it's been genetically altered??? Thanks for the laugh:S If it's a blue strawberry yes but otherwise your statement is just a great example of the general public's lack of knowledge and misunderstandings in the field of gmo's.

Know what the largest producing state of strawberries in the U.S. is?

Know what months they are harvested?

>it's not to hard to figure out that if you see fresh fruits such as strawberries in
>January, that they been genetically altered.

Or grown in a greenhouse. Or imported.

>I also doubt most would be willing to pay 2-3 times as much for non-altered food.

We do pay 2-3 times as much for off-season strawberries. And they're not as good.

Opie

***While I agree that consumers have the right to know what they are consuming, it's not to hard to figure out that if you see fresh fruits such as strawberries in January, that they been genetically altered. I also doubt most would be willing to pay 2-3 times as much for non-altered food.

Just sayin'...

Seeing a fresh strawberry in January means it's been genetically altered??? Thanks for the laugh:S If it's a blue strawberry yes but otherwise your statement is just a great example of the general public's lack of knowledge and misunderstandings in the field of gmo's.

Just a guess here, but Plant City, Florida used to be the Strawberry Capital of the World until Louisiana took it away. Now I see a lot coming from California. These are winter crops?

rickjump1

******While I agree that consumers have the right to know what they are consuming, it's not to hard to figure out that if you see fresh fruits such as strawberries in January, that they been genetically altered. I also doubt most would be willing to pay 2-3 times as much for non-altered food.

Just sayin'...

Just a guess here, but Plant City, Florida used to be the Strawberry Capital of the World until Louisiana took it away. Now I see a lot coming from California. These are winter crops?

California would be correct with over 80% of the U.S. production and given the different regions within California they are harvested in every month of the year. Florida does come in second.

Yes, but getting this story into the American classrooms would be a great start.

Pfff, Classrooms?

Kids have Google, try getting it in the 'free media' first.

The issue will escalate when the food supply is undoubtedly compromised.

Beehive collapses might lead to world war...

Did your media tell you about this?

http://www.eutimes.net/2013/05/russia-warns-obama-global-war-over-bee-apocalypse-coming-soon/

The shocking minutes relating to President Putin’s meeting this past week with US Secretary of State John Kerry reveal the Russian leaders “extreme outrage” over the Obama regimes continued protection of global seed and plant bio-genetic giants Syngenta and Monsanto in the face of a growing “bee apocalypse” that the Kremlin warns “will most certainly” lead to world war.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/monsanto-shares-fall-as-south-korea-joins-pause-in-wheat-imports/2013/05/31/5df79a3a-ca2c-11e2-8da7-d274bc611a47_story.html

Monsanto shares fall as South Korea joins pause in wheat imports

Investors drove down the price of Monsanto shares by 4 percent on Friday as South Korea joined Japan in suspending imports of U.S. wheat after an unapproved strain of genetically modified wheat was discovered in a field in eastern Oregon.

The strain of wheat, designed to resist harmful effects from Monsanto’s Roundup weedkiller, was never commercially developed by the St. Louis-based agriculture giant in large part because wheat growers did not want to risk retaliation from their biggest export markets.