skinnay

Gun Advocates Begin Targeted Killings

Maybe a liberal did it - lots have told me that if they had a gun they'd shoot some one.

Maybe it was a former prisoner. Various studies show that 80-90% of murderers have prior criminal records and the Uniform Crime Reports show that 8% of them are juveniles who by definition cannot have adult criminal records.

It is a closely held secret that here in CO, the executive director of the Dept of Corrections, is also in charge of all gun legislation. But apparently the gun advocates have figured that out.[:/]

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

:D:D

The guy killed was the head of a prison

and you post a Subject line like this???

Great, we now know how much distance there is between you and honesty:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

In fairness to the OP, the Reuters story linked in the OP does describe it as a possible targeted killing due possibly to the eve of the signing of the gun law - so he's really just repeating what the story says.

In fairness to you, I saw nothing in the Reuters story that reflected any evidence of that conclusion other than speculation. So, I checked out some other MSM stories, and they refrained (I think properly) from making the same presumption, even citing some other tough decisions he'd made in office that might have given someone a grudge.

Reuters is a very well-respected, established international news agency. I'm frankly surprised and disappointed the editors would have allowed the story to have been published that way.

In fairness to the OP, the Reuters story linked in the OP does describe it as a possible targeted killing due possibly to the eve of the signing of the gun law - so he's really just repeating what the story says.

In fairness to you, I saw nothing in the Reuters story that reflected any evidence of that conclusion other than speculation. So, I checked out some other MSM stories, and they refrained (I think properly) from making the same presumption, even citing some other tough decisions he'd made in office that might have given someone a grudge.

Reuters is a very well-respected, established international news agency. I'm frankly surprised and disappointed the editors would have allowed the story to have been published that way.

You posted a fair and honest response to me. I could take issues with a point or two but, at this point I can let your position run
Thanks
Marc
Abraham Lincoln

Deeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you reeeed gooooood.

"director of the Colorado Department of Corrections"

I am sure his job had nothing to do with him being a target for a targeted killing.

He didn't take any public stances on the new Colorado gun laws from what I can tell.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Deeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you reeeed gooooood.

"director of the Colorado Department of Corrections"

I am sure his job had nothing to do with him being a target for a targeted killing.

He didn't take any public stances on the new Colorado gun laws from what I can tell.

The gun grabbers are getting desperate

I also think the majority of the CO is going to get turned over in court
Abraham Lincoln

Anyone who uses a gun can be considered a gun advocate, and any victim who isn't chosen at random is a selected target.

Gun advocates have been killing targets since guns were invented.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Anyone who uses a gun can be considered a gun advocate

Well since you like to tell us all about your previous firearms instructors in the past that must mean youre a closet gun advocate.

Because you've used a gun in the past doesnt exclude you.

I have no problem with the 2nd Amendment. Of course, as Justice Scalia wrote in DC vs Heller, it is not an UNLIMITED right.

Anyone who uses a gun can be considered a gun advocate...

Anyone...?

Sure. At the time they are using the gun they are certainly advocating for its use. Action speaking louder than words...

Anyone...?

Sure. At the time they are using the gun they are certainly advocating for its use. Action speaking louder than words...

What about a mentally ill person or a child who doesn't understand what they're holding?

Anyone...?

What about a mentally ill person or a child who doesn't understand what they're holding?

or a convicted felon?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Anyone who uses a gun can be considered a gun advocate, and any victim who isn't chosen at random is a selected target.

Gun advocates have been killing targets since guns were invented.

And here we have demonstrated desperation of a gun banner circling the wagons and trying to yet again, re-direct a thread

Now that the Subject line of this thread has been shown to be so dishonest
Abraham Lincoln