bigbearfng

utah sheriffs letter to obama

ammo suppliers are shipping the majority of what they make to the DOD,

Source citation?

I can't tell you if that's true or not, but it seems silly to me that people are arguing that ammo is scares. Supply has greatly outstripped demand at the moment.

It's panic buying because of a lot of reasons:

Probable Causes
DHS purchasing

The bottom line is that the government is doing purchasing that doesn't seem entirely reasonable and it's causing people to be scared and they are panic buying.

Dunno what to say, a friend and I were going shooting the other day and we hit 5 stores and couldn't find any ammo for his gun. Every retail outlet we tried was sold out of everything but shotgun shells.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

a friend and I were going shooting the other day and we hit 5 stores

:|

lol, don't be so morose. You know what I meant :P
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

http://www.utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home_files/2nd%20Amendment%20Letter_1.pdf

So how many others have the balls to say no to enforcing unconstitutional executive order laws?

Nice how he talks about the constitution and then invokes God for help, perhaps he should write a letter to god and ask for his help with all the mass shooting instead. And to top it all off he's probably a stupid ass Mormon.

I think we can discern the level of professionalism of the Utah Sheriff’s Assn by the Executive Director’s contact details – he uses a fucking Hotmail address on official letterhead ??
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

I dont even think the obama administration knows the resources it would require to have an active database of weapons owners. Also, it would take many years to compile such a list and there are too many weapons in this country for the government to attempt to go door to door and take them. Civil war would be right around the corner.

In canada, with 1/1oth the population and probably fewer weapons/population, the cost to taxpayers of the long gun registry was 'supposed' to be 2 million with registration fees covering the rest. eventually the cost was over 2 billion before it was scrapped as useless some 19 years later, even though they never actually got around to getting all the long guns registered...

In December 2002, the Auditor-General of Canada, Sheila Fraser, reported that the project was running vastly above initial cost estimates. The report showed that the implementation of the firearms registry program by the Department of Justice has had significant strategic and management problems throughout. Taxpayers were originally expected to pay only $2 million of the budget while registration fees would cover the rest. In 1995, the Department of Justice reported to Parliament that the system would cost $119 million to implement, and that the income generated from licensing fees would be $117 million. This gives a net cost of $2 million. At the time of the 2002 audit, however, the revised estimates from the Department of Justice were that the cost of the program would be more than $1 billion by 2004-05 and that the income from licence fees in the same period would be $140 million.[7]

In February 2004, documents obtained by Zone Libre of Télévision de Radio-Canada suggested that the gun registry has cost around $2 billion so far.[7]

In May 2006, the Auditor-General of Canada, Sheila Fraser, reported that the former Liberal government twice misinformed Parliament about tens of millions of dollars of overspending at the Canada Firearms Centre. Fraser said the planned computerized gun registry system was three years overdue and so far had cost $90 million, three times more than expected.[7]

there are also allegations of the ineffectiveness. admittedly the chiefs of police (some) claim it is useful, but they get funding from the company implementing the registry, and from government officials who want them to toe the party line...

There are many conflicting views on how effective the Gun Registry is for ensuring public safety.

In a Canada Firearms Centre (CAFC) survey, 74% of general duty police officers stated that the registry "query results have proven beneficial during major operations.".[11]

However, the Auditor General's report found that the program does not collect data to analyze the effectiveness of the gun registry in meeting its stated goal of improving public safety. The report states:

The performance report focuses on activities such as issuing licences and registering firearms. The Centre does not show how these activities help minimize risks to public safety with evidence-based outcomes such as reduced deaths, injuries and threats from firearms.[12]

Former Ontario Provincial Police Commissioner Julian Fantino opposed the gun registry, stating in a press release in 2003:

We have an ongoing gun crisis including firearms-related homicides lately in Toronto, and a law registering firearms has neither deterred these crimes nor helped us solve any of them. None of the guns we know to have been used were registered, although we believe that more than half of them were smuggled into Canada from the United States. The firearms registry is long on philosophy and short on practical results considering the money could be more effectively used for security against terrorism as well as a host of other public safety initiatives."[13]

and also, there is the question of security...

John Hicks, an Orillia-area computer consultant, and webmaster for the Canada Firearms Centre, has said that anyone with a home computer could have easily accessed names, addresses and detailed shopping lists (including make, model and serial number) of registered guns belonging to licenced firearms owners. Hicks told the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) that "During my tenure as the CFC webmaster I duly informed management that the website that interfaced to the firearms registry was flawed. It took some $15 million to develop and I broke inside into it within 30 minutes."[25]

The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters[26] questioned the security of the gun registry after a home invasion that seemed to target a licenced gun collector. The OFAH argued that, in the wrong hands, a database detailing the whereabouts of every legally-owned firearm in Canada is a potential shopping list for criminals.

In response to these privacy and security claims, the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, the Canadian Police Association, and the Canadian Association of Police Boards released a joint statement stating that,"The CFP's national database has never been breached by hackers. Information is safe and secure."[27]
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

I think we can discern the level of professionalism of the Utah Sheriff’s Assn by the Executive Director’s contact details – he uses a fucking Hotmail address on official letterhead ??

Bwahahahaha - don't expect a reply on that. Perhaps, it's a question of money?? Or his private one? :ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Is't that the most popular method of communicating with people, now days? That or texting.

Chuck

The Sheriff of Midland County (Texas) announced a couple weeks ago on t.v., that he would not enforce any executive order laws pertaining to gun control. Chuck

Gosh, all these Sheriffs got such big dicks to swing. "Look, me too! Me too!!"
Can we work this into the gay parents thread?

The Sheriff of Midland County (Texas) announced a couple weeks ago on t.v., that he would not enforce any executive order laws pertaining to gun control. Chuck

Gosh, all these Sheriffs got such big dicks to swing. "Look, me too! Me too!!"
Can we work this into the gay parents thread?

You liked George Carlin, too? :D Maybe, it's the other way around. They actually have small penis' and that's why they wear a gun and badge!?

Chuck

Is't that the most popular method of communicating with people, now days? That or texting.

Chuck

Chuck, it's the "cheap" provider. Every idiot is using "gratis" providers, such as hotmail etc. Serious email adresses do not end with @hotmail, @web etc.

Hey, something with the ending .com is serious, isn't it??? :ph34r::ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Chuck

Chuck, it's the "cheap" provider. Every idiot is using "gratis" providers, such as hotmail etc. Serious email adresses do not end with @hotmail, @web etc.

I hate to have to admit this... I had no idea about that. Thank you for informing me. B|

Chuck

Chuck

I hate to have to admit this... I had no idea about that. Thank you for informing me. B|

Chuck

With good grace ..... :)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Geeeeze... you mean, I'm just a ... dot net-ter? [:/]

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

With good grace ..... :)