ryoder

Post a photo of your 11yo with a .22 - Get visit from cops

Make it part of the public school curriculum.

And then we could all bring our guns into school. Lets keep the good ideas coming. :)

When schools teach sex education, do they let them all get naked and fuck in the classroom?

Educating kids about gun safety doesn't have to mean they all bring loaded guns to school. In fact, you can just have an instructor with a dummy gun and dummy bullets, to demonstrate gun safety. That way, some day, some kid won't assume a gun is unloaded, point it at another, and shoot them out of ignorance.

You start at the elementary school level, teaching kids the basic message that if they see a gun, to stop, don't touch, go tell an adult. Just like teaching them to not take car rides with strangers, and if on fire to stop, drop and roll.

Later on, at high school level, you can cover more advanced topics, like how a magazine can be removed from a pistol and there will still be a live round in the chamber.

Those who want to keep children safe from gun accidents, should have no objection to such a public school program.

What's wrong with this approach?

Make it part of the public school curriculum.

And then we could all bring our guns into school. Lets keep the good ideas coming. :)

When schools teach sex education, do they let them all get naked and fuck in the classroom?

Educating kids about gun safety doesn't have to mean they all bring loaded guns to school. In fact, you can just have an instructor with a dummy gun and dummy bullets, to demonstrate gun safety. That way, some day, some kid won't assume a gun is unloaded, point it at another, and shoot them out of ignorance.

You start at the elementary school level, teaching kids the basic message that if they see a gun, to stop, don't touch, go tell an adult. Just like teaching them to not take car rides with strangers, and if on fire to stop, drop and roll.

Later on, at high school level, you can cover more advanced topics, like how a magazine can be removed from a pistol and there will still be a live round in the chamber.

Those who want to keep children safe from gun accidents, should have no objection to such a public school program.

What's wrong with this approach?

Thanks for the perfect. reply. I couldn't have said it better and I support every point you made. :)
When I was in high school it was not unusual to see a gun in a gunrack in the student parking lot. Not a big deal. There WAS one accidental gun death, off campus, while I was in school. A couple of kids went home for lunch, were goofing with a semi auto pistol. One kid shot and killed another kid with the magazine out but a round in the chamber. Basic safe gun handling training would have prevented this tragedy.

Why do they have to have a set amount of time?
If the student can show the basics and knowledge correctly, I don't much care if it takes 5 minutes or 20 hours.

Interesting idea. Maybe you could "challenge the course" by passing a written test and demonstrate safe handling techniques.

I see just enough jack-assery at our private range to want some required education for gun owners. :S:D