OHCHUTE

So what about the kids? This thread is about Gay Parents

Now all of a sudden the gay world wants to act like, well, the heterosexual world... conservative with family values, enough so to someday raise kids. Go ahead... get homosexuals in office and you'll have your way.

I suspect it's more like this:

Now, there is a growing segment of the gay population that are being adult about family and relationships and don't want to be characterized and treated like the flaming stereotypes that used to be so very visible. (Frankly, it was always probably a large segment, like any group, those that are extreme usually do pull all the attention)

I'm a big fan of stable adults raising kids that need homes.

I'm not a fan of liberals stereotyping gun owners, or budget cutters, or anything else. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of social extremists negatively stereotyping any group of any kind.

So on the subject of adoption? If a person, or couple, of any mix, can provide a stable and caring home for an orphan, I'm all for it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hell my older brother is as gay as they come.. Has been out for many years. He was married had my nephew. Ended up divorced, full custody. Built a nice career, and my nephew is probably one of the moat well rounded kids in the family.
On the adoption thing. Many have already said it and I firmly agree. Better to be adopted by a stable family regardless of their sexual preferences, than either be in foster care/ state homes or in a home with heterosexual parents that are drunks, drug addicts, molesters whatever it may be..
Mom&dad , dad&dad, mom&mom... It doesnt make a damn bit of difference as long as you have a good family environment..

Mom&dad , dad&dad, mom&mom... It doesnt make a damn bit of difference as long as you have a good family environment..

That's the reason this thread's run as long as it has - the OP supposedly asked an open-ended question but has made it quite clear he feels that anything other than a straight couple by default can not offer a good family environment...

Which, to be frank, is bullshit.
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

I could write a book.

You sure could! Johns Hopkins grad, IVF founder, Hair and Beauty concession manager, ultra-experienced gay guy wrangler and committed homophobe... if I was a publisher I'd be giving you an advance on your autobiography right now.

Just a shame we can't make your life story into a film where you're played by Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I could write a book.

You sure could! Johns Hopkins grad, IVF founder, Hair and Beauty concession manager, ultra-experienced gay guy wrangler and committed homophobe... if I was a publisher I'd be giving you an advance on your autobiography right now.

Just a shame we can't make your life story into a film where you're played by Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis.

You read wrong: I didn't invent IVF. "Some like it Hot" was classic. Unbelievable the lives some of us have had and continue to have outside of web forum chatter. What's your story besides being the DZ foreum provocateur.

[to jakee:] What's your story besides being the DZ foreum provocateur.

I'd stack jakee's posting history on this site since 2003 against yours since November 2012 any day of the week there, cowboy.

BTW, have you made that first skydive yet? Or are you YET ANOTHER ONE with nearly 1,000 posts in your brief time here, but nary a skydive?

I didn't say inventor, I just meant in on the ground floor, y'know?

Could we get some kind of potted career timeline from you, just so we can get an idea of which threads are going to benefit from your wisdom in the future?

I didn't say inventor, I just meant in on the ground floor, y'know?

Could we get some kind of potted career timeline from you, just so we can get an idea of which threads are going to benefit from your wisdom in the future?

For your reference here it is again:

OK a male gay, and a born female, who becomes a man, who is also gay, if you can grasp the idea, both get married and adopts a boy, what about the boy. What will he become being in the presence of a male gay and transgender. On top of that, lets say the male gay is more feminine than the transgender woman who is now a man. And lets add one more layer. The transgender is bisexual! Meaning that eventhough born as women, who is now a man, will do it yet with men and women.... Hope I got all that right...

The jury is out about what happens to kids raised by other than heterosexuals, but while everyone is talking about how great it is that same sex couples should get married, these people are going to want to have kids. Have the democrats thought about that?

What about the boy?
Should same sex couples be allowed to raise children?

OK a male gay, and a born female, who becomes a man, who is also gay, if you can grasp the idea, both get married and adopts a boy, what about the boy. What will he become being in the presence of a male gay and transgender. On top of that, lets say the male gay is more feminine than the transgender woman who is now a man. And lets add one more layer. The transgender is bisexual! Meaning that eventhough born as women, who is now a man, will do it yet with men and women.... Hope I got all that right...

The jury is out about what happens to kids raised by other than heterosexuals, but while everyone is talking about how great it is that same sex couples should get married, these people are going to want to have kids. Have the democrats thought about that?

What about the boy?
Should same sex couples be allowed to raise children?

Probably the most ridiculous example ever but I'll bite. Yes they should. Now let me ask you a question in response. What EXACTLY is your objection?
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

It's not until this map is 51% accepted (DARK BLUE) that one could say that gay marriage is the norm. As it is not the norm currently. And based on that fact, adoption by gays has not yet reached any critical mass.

YET, on the eve of Supreme Court case hearing about gay marriage, the GAY community advertises that gay marriage is normal when it is not. As much as what they hope people to believe, gay marriage is not main stream normal. And it couldn't be as it's illegal in most places.

This is not to say that Gay marriage will never become normal. It's is just that it is not the norm now. The Supreme Court might push back and not be out in front of this social conversation about legal gay marriage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_by_country_or_territory

Dude, that's been answered roughly 150 times now and it's just no fun any more, so let's hear about you.

What's your life story, what other momentous historical events have you been involved in? Come on, let's have the Forrest Gump montage!:)

It's not until this map is 51% accepted (DARK BLUE) that one could say that gay marriage is the norm. As it is not the norm currently. And based on that fact, adoption by gays has not yet reached any critical mass.

By that measure the death penalty is not normal, and is becoming more abnormal with every passing year. Remind me, where do you stand there?

>OK a male gay, and a born female, who becomes a man, who is also gay, if you can
>grasp the idea, both get married and adopts a boy, what about the boy.

What about him?

>What will he become being in the presence of a male gay and transgender.

Knowing kids, he will probably rebel as a teenager and become the biggest homophobe you ever saw.

>On top of that, lets say the male gay is more feminine than the transgender woman
>who is now a man. And lets add one more layer. The transgender is bisexual! Meaning
>that eventhough born as women, who is now a man, will do it yet with men and
>women.... Hope I got all that right...

It's your example.

>The jury is out about what happens to kids raised by other than heterosexuals

Yep. Whereas kids raised by heterosexuals shoot babies in the face when their muggings go bad.

>What about the boy?

He's better off with them than in an orphanage. And he's a lot better off than the kid who just shot that baby in the face.

>OK a male gay, and a born female, who becomes a man, who is also gay, if you can
>grasp the idea, both get married and adopts a boy, what about the boy.

What about him?

>What will he become being in the presence of a male gay and transgender.

Knowing kids, he will probably rebel as a teenager and become the biggest homophobe you ever saw.

>On top of that, lets say the male gay is more feminine than the transgender woman
>who is now a man. And lets add one more layer. The transgender is bisexual! Meaning
>that eventhough born as women, who is now a man, will do it yet with men and
>women.... Hope I got all that right...

It's your example.

>The jury is out about what happens to kids raised by other than heterosexuals

Yep. Whereas kids raised by heterosexuals shoot babies in the face when their muggings go bad.

>What about the boy?

He's better off with them than in an orphanage. And he's a lot better off than the kid who just shot that baby in the face.

You develop irregular examples in drawing conclusions about normalcy.

On top of that, lets say the male gay is more feminine than the transgender woman who is now a man.

You mean like when a guy in a straight marriage is more effeminate than his wife? Should that couple not raise kids?
Owned by Remi #?

>>He's better off with them than in an orphanage.

>You develop irregular examples

As opposed to:

"a male gay, and a born female, who becomes a man, who is also gay, if you can grasp the idea, both get married and adopts a boy . . .on top of that, lets say the male gay is more feminine than the transgender woman who is now a man. And lets add one more layer. The transgender is bisexual!"

Kids in orphanages are regular examples. Your example is so irregular that I strongly suspect it has never existed, ever.

As opposed to:

"a male gay, and a born female, who becomes a man, who is also gay, if you can grasp the idea, both get married and adopts a boy . . .on top of that, lets say the male gay is more feminine than the transgender woman who is now a man. And lets add one more layer. The transgender is bisexual!"

Kids in orphanages are regular examples. Your example is so irregular that I strongly suspect it has never existed, ever.

Well, this one time, in college...
Remster

As opposed to:

So a white kid shooting other white kids in the face is a regular example?
You are all over the place with the way you choose your editing and responses.
You don't have a clue about what might exist. No one does. This conversation might turn towards the purpose of marriage. You are married right. Why did you get married?

So a white kid shooting other white kids in the face is a regular example?

Who said anything about race? Are you against non-white people raising kids as well?

(I know, I know, you were MLK's speechwriter in the '60s...)

I can see now why younger folk think they way the do. They simply don't have experience.

Here you go, just as I suspected and posted. The hints are coming out about what the court is thinking, and based on hints the jury may be out for a while. No any decison on Constitutional right for gays to marry. And here I started talking about gays having kids, when they can't even get married yet. Sorry for jumping the gun, but it would seem child raising would be a part of the conversation about right to marry etc.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/26/17460260-supreme-court-hints-that-it-wont-issue-sweeping-ruling-on-same-sex-marriage?lite

They simply don't have experience.

I think it's pretty clear that no-one has as much experience as you.

The hints are coming out about what the court is thinking, and based on hints the jury may be out for a while.

I hate to demangle the metaphor but the court you're talking about doesn't have a jury.

Oh BTW, you didn't say how you feel about having an abnormal opinion on the death penalty. Does the fact that you're part of a shrinking minority alter your thinking in any way?