ryoder

Fun things to do when you live across the road from WBC

Saw an interview this morning... there has now been a release this morning from WBC about all of this (can't find it yet). The guy that bought the house said that what that release said wasn't fit to talk about because it was so vulgar.

Not sure if this is a good thing or not... by painting the house, WBC is back in the national news. Just what they're looking for. :S[:/]

Not sure if this is a good thing or not... by painting the house, WBC is back in the national news. Just what they're looking for. :S[:/]

Fair point - just like political "pundits" who say outrageous shit to get their name back in the news whenever their "brand" is getting stale; for them, there is no bad publicity.

As an aside, I'm still rather amazed that nobody, so far, has used violence to act-out any anger toward WBC yet.

As an aside, I'm still rather amazed that nobody, so far, has used violence to act-out any anger toward WBC yet.

I've thought the same.
Hell, just for fun, someone could walk up to old Fred, drop him with a punch, and probably raise enough money in online donations in 24hrs to cover the legal fees.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Another sock puppet?
Concerned about HOA rules?
That's funny right there.

There are lots of anonymous users here.

The point is, if the paint scheme is a violation of HOA guidelines, then Westboro could use that to make them un-do the paint job, thereby gaining a win in the situation.

Another sock puppet?

The point is, if the paint scheme is a violation of HOA guidelines, then Westboro could use that to make them un-do the paint job, thereby gaining a win in the situation.

One of Fred Phelps' family members is a lawyer, IIRC, and they have used the law to their advantage to spread their hate messages and sue when that right is infringed on (in their eyes).

You better be indigent and homeless if you decide to punch Fred's lights out. "touch me and I'll sue!" (PUNCH!) "sue me for what?" (Rocky V line) :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Another sock puppet?

Yes, John; we've lost count of how many times you've said this through your various sock puppets.

Seriously? It's really worth it to you to take the time and effort to keep doing this? Sad, really.

You better be indigent and homeless if you decide to punch Fred's lights out.

That's assuming a purely hypothetical assailant would choose to engage in hand to hand combat. But the same Constitution that protects the WBC also hypothetically enables hypothetical people to use other hypothetical methods. Hypothetically.

That's assuming a purely hypothetical assailant would choose to engage in hand to hand combat. But the same Constitution that protects the WBC also hypothetically enables hypothetical people to use other hypothetical methods. Hypothetically.

I'm just surprised it hasn't happened yet.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm just surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Agreed. Hypothetically.

You better be indigent and homeless if you decide to punch Fred's lights out. "touch me and I'll sue!" (PUNCH!) "sue me for what?" (Rocky V line) :ph34r:

Simple solution: Give a homeless guy $200 to punch Fred. It may not be as satisfying, but you get to watch it.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Simple solution: Give a homeless guy $200 to punch Fred. It may not be as satisfying, but you get to watch it.:ph34r:

Hell, I could probably get the guy to do it for a bottle of Colt 45 or two! :D:D:D