airdvr

Knights a victim of the sequester?

On FB this morning...

It is with the utmost regret, that we have been officially informed that we, the Golden Knights, will not be performing any jump demonstrations for the remainder of the fiscal year. While it is unclear when the demonstrations will resume, we will continue training to maintain required credentials and certifications to ensure the team is ready for future operations.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

On FB this morning...

It is with the utmost regret, that we have been officially informed that we, the Golden Knights, will not be performing any jump demonstrations for the remainder of the fiscal year. While it is unclear when the demonstrations will resume, we will continue training to maintain required credentials and certifications to ensure the team is ready for future operations.

You know what this means??? Civilian jump teams like Liberty Parachute Team and others can reclaim the high profile demos like at the Nascar race tracks. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Every time there are budget cuts anywhere (federal, state, local, corporate, whatever), people always bitch and weep about their favorite ox getting gored. It's just the flip side of the same coin that gives us the "NIMBY" mentality. Suck it up, people.

"Victim" is probably the wrong word here. They still all have jobs jumping parachutes and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. That's like a boss telling you that even though you're not losing your job or taking a cut in pay or status, you won't have to travel as much this quarter and can spend some more time with your loved ones.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I think there is a little more to it then that. While I think the Golden Knights are really cool, I don't think they should be immune to budget cuts. But, I think the Government is cutting budgets in areas where the public will notice it the most in order to keep the public from allowing any more "spending cuts" to happen.

I think there is a little more to it then that. While I think the Golden Knights are really cool, I don't think they should be immune to budget cuts. But, I think the Government is cutting budgets in areas where the public will notice it the most in order to keep the public from allowing any more "spending cuts" to happen.

I agree, but it's a separate point. It's a reflection of lack of experience and astuteness, leading to amateurish, ill-considered public relations gaffes. Too many newbies on White House and Congressional staffs (historically, of both parties), making serious decisions they're still under-qualified to make, which are not diligently vetted before they're put into play.

I agree, but it's a separate point. It's a reflection of lack of experience and astuteness, leading to amateurish, ill-considered public relations gaffes. Too many newbies on White House and Congressional staffs (historically, of both parties), making serious decisions they're still under-qualified to make, which are not diligently vetted before they're put into play.

I don't know that it could be attributed to newbies in the White House or Congressional staffs. I think it's an effort by politicians to scare the public into never cutting spending.

Every time there are budget cuts anywhere (federal, state, local, corporate, whatever), people always bitch and weep about their favorite ox getting gored. It's just the flip side of the same coin that gives us the "NIMBY" mentality. Suck it up, people.

Make it painful

Make it visible

Obama admin at work
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I don't know that it could be attributed to newbies in the White House or Congressional staffs. I think it's an effort by politicians to scare the public into never cutting spending.

ding ding ding ding

We have a winner!
Abraham Lincoln

Make it painful

Make it visible

Obama admin at work

I'm sure the White House has time to decide which part of which program to cut. Sure.
Remster

Make it painful

Make it visible

Obama admin at work

Does most of the country know who the Golden Knights are, let alone care that they won't see them at the next (fill-in-the-blank) doing a demo?

Zach

Make it painful

Make it visible

Obama admin at work

Does most of the country know who the Golden Knights are, let alone care that they won't see them at the next (fill-in-the-blank) doing a demo?

Zach

I doubt that the people who thought this up even consider how many people would notice. They just cut public facing things like this and the White House tours because they are public facing.

Make it painful

Make it visible

Obama admin at work

I'm sure the White House has time to decide which part of which program to cut. Sure.

Just in case you missed it

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/5/email-tells-feds-make-sequester-painful-promised/

The White House announced Tuesday that it is canceling tours of the president’s home for the foreseeable future as the sequester spending cuts begin to bite and the administration makes good on its warnings of painful decisions.

Announcement of the decision — made in an email from the White House Visitors Office — came hours after The Washington Times reported on another administration email that seemed to show at least one agency has been instructed to make sure the cuts are as painful as President Obama promised they would be.

Abraham Lincoln

They just cut public facing things like this and the White House tours because they are public facing.

I think cutting the White House tours was an excellent opportunity for PR that was missed.

It's a clear example that low value added expenses are on the block, and that the little perks do, AND SHOULD, affect anybody and everybody. We're all in it together. Everyone of all status can take a tour, so this affects everybody equally.

(Unless of course, you are a famous celebrity hired to perform in person for the family - then you get in no problem)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Did you read the whole article?

Speaking of being a sheeple...

Ya I did

And you should stop being one
Abraham Lincoln

The White House announced Tuesday that it is canceling tours of the president’s home for the foreseeable future as the sequester spending cuts begin to bite and the administration makes good on its warnings of painful decisions.

"PAINFUL"

the fact that people call not having "TOURS" as being "PAINFUL" and they say it with a straight face just shows that we have about 350Million spoiled rotten assholes that can't take what's needed to save the budget

Crap, next thing you know is people will have to buy their own cell phone....

OH, the humanity

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

"PAINFUL"

the fact that people call not having "TOURS" as being "PAINFUL" and they say it with a straight face just shows that we have about 350Million spoiled rotten assholes that can't take what's needed to save the budget

Crap, next thing you know is people will have to buy their own cell phone....

OH, the humanity

WHat is painful for some (like the news story of the kids begging Obama not to stop the tours because of their planned trip) is not so much for others

The key here is the visability

For Obama it is all about the stroy line

Which is backfireing on him BTW
Abraham Lincoln

>But, I think the Government is cutting budgets in areas where the public will notice it
>the most in order to keep the public from allowing any more "spending cuts" to
>happen.

No one outside skydivers and a few airshow/event organizers will notice that private companies rather than the Knights are doing demos.

If you are going to cut something that is both absolutely unessential and low visibility, the Knights are a very good option. I mean, we're paying people to skydive to do demos and compete in national competitions? That's exactly the kind of "don't need it, can live without it, no one cares anyway" stuff we should be cutting - and is excellent evidence that the military really is cutting across the board.

>But, I think the Government is cutting budgets in areas where the public will notice it
>the most in order to keep the public from allowing any more "spending cuts" to
>happen.

No one outside skydivers and a few airshow/event organizers will notice that private companies rather than the Knights are doing demos.

If you are going to cut something that is both absolutely unessential and low visibility, the Knights are a very good option. I mean, we're paying people to skydive to do demos and compete in national competitions? That's exactly the kind of "don't need it, can live without it, no one cares anyway" stuff we should be cutting - and is excellent evidence that the military really is cutting across the board.

This cut makes for a great news bite to show the pain

That is all it is about
Abraham Lincoln

>This cut makes for a great news bite to show the pain

Show me one news outlet that reported it. Just one.

Someone found it or we would not be talking about it now would we
Abraham Lincoln