Shredex

"Chemtrails"

ISome of the chemtrailers may be insulted that they are in the same category as truthers.

And yet . . . they are precisely the same. Inventing a mythology for something they simply do not understand.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

ISome of the chemtrailers may be insulted that they are in the same category as truthers.

And yet . . . they are precisely the same. Inventing a mythology for something they simply do not understand.

Indeed:P ...and (the same as) hoaxers, perps, denialists, etc.

Then, of course, "Downwinders" were assured that there was nothing to fear from the government.

historytogo.utah.gov/utah_chapters/utah_today/nucleartestingandthedownwinders.html

And then there was the Green Run.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

When I worked at Hanford, there was a seies of guyed towers arranged along an arc, the center of which was the location of one of the plants where the irradiated fuel elements were dissolved in acid. The towers were upwind of the agricultural area where the cancers were reported. I think the towers were used in the Green Run tests. At the center of the image linked below, the road along the arc is clearly visible. The edge of the 200 West area is on the left. The ag area is just across the Columbia river 12 or so miles off to the right.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=46.279657,-119.281377&hl=en&ll=46.557208,-119.560862&spn=0.033405,0.055189&sll=46.27958,-119.54361&sspn=0.537211,1.40625&t=h&z=14

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I work with a guy that just last week was trying to "enlighten" me about chemtrails. He has previously tried to enlighten me about fluoridated water, UN concentration camps, and alien abductions. 99% of these guys are just products of late night AM talk radio. I try and explain that the government is incapable of even keeping a blowjob secret, let alone thousands of AC crisscrossing the globe on a daily basis.

You can't reason with these types.

I work with a guy that just last week was trying to "enlighten" me about chemtrails. He has previously tried to enlighten me about fluoridated water, UN concentration camps, and alien abductions. 99% of these guys are just products of late night AM talk radio. I try and explain that the government is incapable of even keeping a blowjob secret, let alone thousands of AC crisscrossing the globe on a daily basis.

Further support for my contention that stupidity is our single limitless natural resource.

Further support for my contention that stupidity is our single limitless natural resource.

Well, it's certainly not original thought. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Calvin19

***Someone posted THIS CRAP on Facebook.

Sorry...I couldn't resist.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Whoa... how can any sane person refute THAT?!

:ph34r::ph34r:

I have a crazy-lady friend who is a Chemtrails conspiracy theorist. She has a heart of gold, but is a complete space cadet and obvious gullible as can be. I hear she has never held down a job for more than a few weeks. I think her husband just "doesn't go there" for a myriad of her issues, but since she is a faithful loving wife and mother, he can tolerate (or ignore) all her craziness. She posted the "pilot forgot to turn off chemtrails" pic the other day. :S

Trying to actually be serious about this (non)topic though, anyone care to talk about this?

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/europeans-pushing-to-expose-global-climate-engineering/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HzyEN5OPF4

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=6dNWZJ0pVpU&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbSSWnXQsgOU%26feature%3Dshare

Just explain to me like I'm some naïve highschooler and I'll be happy.:)

>Trying to actually be serious about this (non)topic though, anyone care to talk about this?

Aircraft exhaust (water and carbon dioxide, a little soot) often causes clouds. The ice crystals serve as "seeds" for water to accumulate around, and the cloud spreads after the plane flies by. The soot also causes clouds as it disperses for the same reason. This has a measurable effect - after 9/11, when all air traffic was grounded in the US, the temperature range in the US went up, presumably from the lack of shade during the day and the lack of clouds (which retain heat) at night.

However this is due to contrails (normal exhaust) not chemtrails (this purported "chemical spraying" they are talking about.) So in a way we're already altering the climate a bit through our air travel. Unless you ban air travel, or mandate a switch to liquid hydrogen as fuel, it's going to be happening no matter what laws people pass about it.

Apologize in advance if too O/T.

USA gov did seed clouds with Operation Popeye(as well as other ops) over ho chi minh trail 67-72.......Wiki.

So knowing the mindset of gov and defense contractors, I doubt that they stopped their "weather interference" in 72.

Elisha

Trying to actually be serious about this (non)topic though, anyone care to talk about this?

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/europeans-pushing-to-expose-global-climate-engineering/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HzyEN5OPF4

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=6dNWZJ0pVpU&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbSSWnXQsgOU%26feature%3Dshare

Just explain to me like I'm some naïve highschooler and I'll be happy.:)

My background is aviation and meteorology, and communicating science is an awesome way to exercise the brain.
Your bottom link to the video of the KC-10 is a great video, the phenomenon is pretty awesome. It is very similar to the phenomenon in the picture I attached below. The complete explanation is very complex, but you requested high school level stuff so I'll do my best.

First, the attached picture.
You have probably seen fog low to the ground in the morning, patchy, sometimes a little wind associated with it, sometimes very still. Fog is literally a cloud that is on the ground, same thing. This fog layer can be thousands of feet high, or very very thin, just barely a foot or two above the surface of a pond or river, or in a canyon, or anywhere where the air might be a little colder or more 'wet'. The fog, like clouds, is just a little bit of visible water that is not fully 'saturated' in the air. As the air heats up, or wind moves it around, the fog usually goes away. You have probably seen fog/clouds in canyons, or the cloud on the downwind side of a mountain.
With the wind turbines in the picture, they are disturbing the clean flow (wind) of air across the land. The wake of these turbines stirs the air up just a little bit and mixes the wet air close to the ground with the slightly colder air 100' up, and leaves beautiful trails that are shown in the picture. It's a rare event to witness, and does not happen only with turbines, but the nice geometric patterns from the even placement of the turbines makes for a cool pattern in the fog or cloud barely touching the ground. You probably would not be able to notice it if you were standing under the turbines.

Does that make sense?
Ok, now for the KC-10 video. It is a very unique weather/aviation phenomenon in that video. Very cool.
It's very close to the same as the wind turbine picture, only a lot colder and at a high altitude. The KC-10 is flying through air that is very close to becoming a 'cloud'. As a skydiver and high school alumni, I hope you understand the basics of how an airfoil works. The wing has low pressure above it, and the entire airplane is making temporary changes in the pressure of the air it is flying through. (as well as the engine exhaust trailing water and trace elements from combustion). You can see the low pressure above the wing, around the fuselage, and even under the tail making the air a 'cloud' from being disturbed just enough. The wake of the plane is stirred up, creating slightly different pressures and literally causing a cloud. This does not normally happen, normally the 'contrail' is just water from the engine exhaust being suddenly cooled down making a condensation trail. A cloud trail. The makers of that footage are obviously impressed by the unique phenomenon and are joking about it. Literally, they are making fun of the people, preemptively, that are using the footage to promote the 'chemtrail' conspiracy theory.

Also, at one spot in the video they try to pinpoint the 'sprayers' on the trailing edge of the wing. The small things under the wing are aerodynamic extensions of the flap mechanisms and serve as aerodynamic 'buffering' for the wake the entire airplane makes while it flies through the air.

-SPACE-