yourmomma

Should police have guns?

I couldn't find a thread on the Chris Dorner killings but it looks like this is it.

Below is the best comment I have seen on a news site about the murder spree, in which a number of police have been shot at, at least one wounded, and at least one killed:

I expect that following this tragedy the NRA will come out with an edict stating that all Police officers must now be accompanied by an armed guard.

More guns, the solution to everything!

(P.S. - I realize that fewer guns isn't the solution to everything either.)

I find it amusing that the gun-o-phobes are mind-stuck on "more guns". They must have dreamed it up somewhere and adopted it as their school motto.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/07/16888732-women-shot-by-cops-were-just-delivering-papers
If so, when does misidentification become attempted homicide. Also, if I were to find myself in this position and return fire; is this not exactly why we have a second amendment.

If there is any good argument for having few bullets in magazines just look at the back of that truck! Throwing gravel would have given a better pattern. Did they even take aim. Doubt it. Spray and pray.

Instead of one shot one kill.

Why were cops shooting them in the back when they posed no threat and without seeing who they were.
They NEED TO TAKE guns from these cops as they don't have a clue. And the truck occupants need sue the police department for how stupid dumb they are.

The people in the truck need to

I can't fathom what kind of behaviour the people in that truck could possibly have exhibited to make the cops think they had justification to re-enact "Bonnie and Clyde".:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I find it amusing that the gun-o-phobes are mind-stuck on "more guns". They must have dreamed it up somewhere and adopted it as their school motto.

WRONG AGAIN. They heard it from a well known pro-gun advocate who used it as a title to a book widely quoted by gun enthusiasts.

A guy so insecure, incidentally, that he had to create a sock-puppet called Mary Rosh to give favorable reviews to his work.

Google it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>I find it amusing that the gun-o-phobes are mind-stuck on "more guns".

Sort of how the gun nuts are stuck on "why do you want to BAN GUNS?" and "Obama will grab your guns?"

If your guns are AR's. sounds like that's exactly what he wants to do...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

>If your guns are AR's. sounds like that's exactly what he wants to do...

Thank you for proving my point.

you are denying that there is legislation in the works to ban ar-15's?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Every mentally stable,non felon citizen,should have a gun if they choose to.
I would also recomend some firearms training for everyone who is legal to own a gun wether they own one or not,just in case(knowledge is power).
Since cops are legal to own a gun,and they get training in how and when to use one,then yes they should most definitely have a gun.

Cops are not perfect,and there are some bad ones,but most are good law abiding people.
Being a cop can obviously be very dangerous so when they hit the lights I pull over as soon as safely possible,and then keep my hands on the wheel untill further instructions.
I've been riding with other people who have been pulled over, who have srarted looking for paperwork in gloveboxes or center consoles or what not,and you can see the anxiety on the cops face as they walk up hands on their guns,not knowing what is being grabbed out of concealment.
Who knows how the occupants were behaving when the cops made contact?
Once again,not saying all cops are good.
I have actually been handled pretty rough by some cops for having done nothing to deserve it.
Most have been ok though and are just trying to do their job.

This thread has been heavily moderated. And I had posted an appology to Andy9o8 about coments of his of other posters comments.Are you still following this. But after reading his response to my response of his quoute. I ealized my accusation was wrong and posted as such but it was removed. I dont know if Andy9o8 saw it before it was removed or not. He has PM's turned off so that did not work. Mods please leave this I am sure Andy will know what I am talking about. And yes yoohoo I gotta buy beer for my first deleted post.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

A huge percentage of the cops I served with didn't need to be running around with a weapon.

The difference between police and criminals is not as wide or firm as many would like to believe. They are not opposite ends of the spectrum. They are the point of conflict in the middle.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/07/16888732-women-shot-by-cops-were-just-delivering-papers
If so, when does misidentification become attempted homicide. Also, if I were to find myself in this position and return fire; is this not exactly why we have a second amendment.

If there is any good argument for having few bullets in magazines just look at the back of that truck! Throwing gravel would have given a better pattern. Did they even take aim. Doubt it. Spray and pray.

Instead of one shot one kill.

Why were cops shooting them in the back when they posed no threat and without seeing who they were.
They NEED TO TAKE guns from these cops as they don't have a clue. And the truck occupants need sue the police department for how stupid dumb they are.

The people in the truck need to

-----------------------------------------------------
As I've stated in the past my father is a lieutenant deputy sherrif. I've been at the range many times with his fellow officers. I can outshoot most of them and I don't spend that much time at the range. Just because they are peace officers doesnt mean they are subsequently in the Presidents Hundred.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President's_Hundred_Tab