quade

Tell me again how being armed will save you from a mentally unstable person with a gun?

I'm pretty sure no one (here) ever claimed that being armed would prevent nuttsos from going nuttso.

But, if you are as heavily armed as the nuttso, you might have a fighting chance. If you don't have at least some firepower,

YOU DON'T STAND A CHANCE.

It's that simple.

So the US's ALL TIME LEADING SNIPER, armed, at a gun range, is shot dead and the perp escapes. And all the Rambo wannabes around here reckon they wouldn't have any problem in such a scenario, and want to arm KINDERGARTEN teachers so they can shoot a nutter who surprises them in their classroom full of little kids.

Talk about living in cloud cuckoo land!

http://www.npr.org/2013/01/29/170456129/armed-good-guys-and-the-realities-of-facing-a-gunman

Buying Time

But cops can also recognize the potential value of armed "good guys" — particularly in emergencies involving a madman.

"What you want to do is interrupt their thought process," says Mark Lomax, executive director of the National Tactical Officers Association. "Once you interrupt their thought process, then it buys time."

Lomax says that in active shooter situations, the old rule was to secure the location and wait for SWAT.

"Well, in Columbine they waited for like 45 minutes, and in the meantime, numerous kids were shot and killed," he says. "So, post-Columbine, they looked at it and said, 'We cannot wait.' "

Police now believe an early challenge, even an unsuccessful one, by a cop or a civilian — can rattle a mass shooter. It can push him to a different course of action.

An armed teacher would certainly put up more resistance than unarmed teacher cowering in the corner with her students.

At school my girlfriend's daughter goes to, here in rural CT, there is no security guard.

No local police in town, furthest state police barracks is 10 to 15 minutes with the troopers hauling ass.

They have locking doors, with glass on them. Not very secure.

Their active shooter drill involves all of the students going to corner of the room and standing there.

Now do I think that someone will go in and gun down the kids, no. Do I think that they should be handing out guns to the teachers, not not really.

But anything would be a better plan than the current plan which is having students drill lining up in the corner like siting ducks, and then every one does.... nothing!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Sorry Quade....

But you're WAY off base using this as a example of being armed will save your life... This is a great example on how to get to someone that is a bad ass..

1: At a gun range where having a weapon would not be a flag..

2: Using a shooter that is no-threat to the target person..

3: Ambushing the person so they can't bring their weapon to engage the shooter..

I'm SURE Chris would have fared much better if he was not ambushed by a fellow brother..;)

Killler...

I'm pretty sure no one (here) ever claimed that being armed would prevent nuttsos from going nuttso.

But, if you are as heavily armed as the nuttso, you might have a fighting chance. If you don't have at least some firepower,

It's that simple.

So the US's ALL TIME LEADING SNIPER, armed, at a gun range, is shot dead and the perp escapes. And all the Rambo wannabes around here reckon they wouldn't have any problem in such a scenario, and want to arm KINDERGARTEN teachers so they can shoot a nutter who surprises them in their classroom full of little kids.

Let me know when you have created the liberal 'evil predictor'. You know like on minority report? Until that time comes STFU. This was a MAN. Something you have no idea about sitting behind a desk pushing a pencil.

It's that simple.

Let me know when you have created the liberal 'evil predictor'. You know like on minority report? Until that time comes STFU. This was a MAN. Something you have no idea about sitting behind a desk pushing a pencil.

I have a BRAIN, which entitles me to an opinion, so STFU yourself until you get one.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have a BRAIN, which entitles me to an opinion, so STFU yourself until you get one.

Sounding like a PA there kallend.....

And you know what they say about opinions and assholes.....

And I think the previous comment made about rsl/reserves/and AADs is very relevant to any comparisons.......so we shouldn't bother with those then ???

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the majority of killings are a surprise.

Agreed ... I am also going to go out on a limb and say "Life is random, events can not be predicted, and government is never going to protect you from all these random events".

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I wouldnt put it past you to take the life of a real hero

Seriously? So now your cyber-enemy is a murderer? That's pretty steep, even for this swamp.

How about saying something nice about a man who went to hell to protect your liberties.

He was a brave man, who did brave things, who was sent to Iraq by a coward as cannon-fodder for an agenda that had absolutely nothing to do with protecting Americans' liberties or the safety of their children in their beds.

Oh, by the way, John's son also served in Iraq.

Yes, it was/is a mental health issue.

3 people on the range, one with PTSD, and Chris and another trying to help him through it, by volunteering with him.

Added- The Police Dept Press Release alludes that at the time it was Just Chris, his work out/Training/Business partner, and the Vet with PTSD. They had happened to be on the range alone, working with the Vet as he has PTSD.

Sadly it appears the PTSD was far more reaching than what Chris was prepared for and the murder of two good men was the result.

This incident is not typical of actions at a Gun store or Shooting Range, but this incidents circumstance isn't typical either.

I hope the Prosecution get the Mental Health issue looked at, find out the "why", what caused him to "snap".

If any thing comes out of this incident, I hope it is for more work on treating the growing Mental Health issues in this country and across the world.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

It's that simple.

Mods why is Kallend not banned? is it because he and billy and quads all think the same way?

Disgusting...

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Seriously? So now your cyber-enemy is a murderer? That's pretty steep, even for this swamp.

How about saying something nice about a man who went to hell to protect your liberties.

He was a brave man, who did brave things, who was sent to Iraq by a coward as cannon-fodder for an agenda that had absolutely nothing to do with protecting Americans' liberties or the safety of their children in their beds.

Your a blood sucking bottom feeder so I'd expect nothing less coming from you. That isn't a personal attack as it is common knowledge thAt Andy is a blood sucking bottom feeding lawyer.:)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

It's that simple.

Mods why is Kallend not banned? is it because he and billy and quads all think the same way?

Disgusting...

Maybe it's because he responded to being told to STFU by telling the guy to STFU himself. Yeah, Kallend's extreme, but I've never seen someone repeatedly take so much personal abuse on these boards as he does; nobody else comes even close. He was accused of being a murderer is this very thread. Open your eyes to your own bias.

Your a blood sucking bottom feeder so I'd expect nothing less coming from you. That isn't a personal attack as it is common knowledge thAt Andy is a blood sucking bottom feeding lawyer.:)

And this immediately after you go all squealy to the mods about a PA issue. OK, whatever; we'll let them decide, but I won't answer you in kind.

>Tell me again how some of the most strict gun controls laws would have saved the kids
>at Sandy Hook?

Law requires gun owners to lock their guns up. Kid can't get the guns from his mother, and thus can't shoot the kids.

(Or to put it in John Rich terms - the kid takes a spoon to the school instead, since spoons are just as deadly as guns. But since it takes longer to kill someone with a spoon than a gun, most of the students escape.)

Sounding like a PA there kallend.....

Only if you think regulator's post was a PA too.

Until that time comes STFU. This was a MAN. Something you have no idea about sitting behind a desk pushing a pencil.

If his wasn't, then neither was mine.

Of course, it's possible you have a double standard.

This incident is not typical of actions at a Gun store or Shooting Range, but this incidents circumstance isn't typical either.

Mass shootings aren't "typical" anywhere. But apparently being at a gun range is no guarantee that there won't be one, any more than being in a 1st grade classroom.

In my own town we had a double shooting homicide at the range/gun store some 10 years ago. The store owner and his son were shot dead.

It's that simple.

Disgusting...

So why did you not call out regulator for his attack on me?

Until that time comes STFU. This was a MAN. Something you have no idea about sitting behind a desk pushing a pencil.

Do you have a DOUBLE STANDARD too?

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Famed-Navy-SEAL-Chris-Kyle-shot-killed-in-N-Texas-189539281.html

At a gun range in Texas, a Navy SEAL (one of the best there ever was), shot by a mentally unstable person with a gun. And the shooter is able to walk away. So, yeah, all the Walter Mitty folks out there, please tell me again how being armed stops this from happening?

you have mental problems, quade.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Careful.. Once the mods wake up they might see this blatant PA and call you on it. Oh wait. You're on the same side of the argument as the mods in this forum...

You get a pass.
--
Rob

It's that simple.

I haven't heard anyone say that but you.

If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

I agree,it sounds like an ambush scenario to me as well.
Thing about shooting ranges is that people are usually looking down range and shooting all around you,and they are also wearing hearing protection, so unless they just happen to be looking at the crime as it was happening,there is a good chance they might not have been aware of anything for several seconds.
This could give the shooter ample time to get away as people are delayed in recognizing what has just occurred.
Quade is anti gun as we all know,and is going to try to paint this as an example of how guns do not protect you,they can only be used to commit crimes against you,to argue his point.
As I've stated in prior post,I have used my gun to stop two attacks against myself, and did so without firing a shot in either incident.
I most likely would have been either shot or clubbed,both of which could easily be fatal,without my pistol as deterence against those two would be attackers.

Sorry Quade....

But you're WAY off base using this as a example of being armed will save your life... This is a great example on how to get to someone that is a bad ass..

1: At a gun range where having a weapon would not be a flag..

2: Using a shooter that is no-threat to the target person..

3: Ambushing the person so they can't bring their weapon to engage the shooter..

I'm SURE Chris would have fared much better if he was not ambushed by a fellow brother..;)

Killler...

Here is why this happened... ANYONE can be gotten even a head of state... But you have NO CHANCE without a firearm...

Killler...