dgskydive

Here is the reason that a ban on "Assault Rifles" should not happen

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

What is a militia? Most states have what is called a State Defense Force (SDF). These Militias are the only force that states now have to actually protect it self from the Federal Govt.. These State Defense Forces are not typically provided with weapons. Hell, they have to even provide their own uniforms. IF and when the Federal Govt. turns on the people, by banning all "Assault Rifles" they effectively reduce these SDF's to handguns and shotguns. This is what they 2nd amendment is about.

Flame away.
Dom

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

What is a militia? Most states have what is called a State Defense Force (SDF). These Militias are the only force that states now have to actually protect it self from the Federal Govt.. These State Defense Forces are not typically provided with weapons. Hell, they have to even provide their own uniforms. IF and when the Federal Govt. turns on the people, by banning all "Assault Rifles" they effectively reduce these SDF's to handguns and shotguns. This is what they 2nd amendment is about.

Flame away.
Nope, I don't think flame throwers are legal:P
Did people forget the "infringed" part??ugh
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Flame away.
Nope, I don't think flame throwers are legal:P
Did people forget the "infringed" part??ugh

I'm not aware of a law against flame throwers. I don't have mine with me here. They sure are fun, though.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Heres a video of how to make a flame thrower with a super soaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yFUtJhUb7Q

A flamethrower has been used in a school massacre. Ban them, for the children. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne_school_massacre

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

The " well regulated militia argument/reasoning" has been kicked to the curb for a couple of years now. The Supreme Court ruled in the Chicago and DC cases that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right. The silly "militia" argument has been intelligently tossed into the trash bin. Hope it stays there.

Here is a quote from the ruling that pertains to Militia.

"the activities [the Amendment] protects are not limited to militia service, nor is an individual's enjoyment of the right contingent upon his or her continued or intermittent enrollment in the militia."

That is from DC V. Heller. How does that "kick it to the curb'? They simply said that the 2nd Amendment does NOT ONLY apply in the case of the Militia.

THe McDonald V. Chicago case, as far as I can see doesnt even address Militia.

IMO Militias are not silly. Not since they took control of the National Guard away from the states.
Dom

This is probably totally off, topic. But, seriously. How many people were killed last year with hand guns compared to assault rifles. Also,was watching Fox news and an anti-gun lobbist was on there commenting on the pro-gun woman that testified before the Senate committee. It was the usual oh guns don't keep us safe crap and I don't need a gun to feel safe. Alls I thought is ok. Let's put you and your child in a house with a wacko and put a gun next to you and see if you use it or not.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

"Assault Rifles" account for less then 4% of all gun related killings. Legal "Assault Rifles" probably around 1%. Must murders are a result of handguns. Illegal Handguns.

Even the DOJ admits that the previous 10 year ban on "Assault Rifles" and 30 round mags did nothing to stop gun violence or reduce the murder rate in the US.
Dom

Sure. We should turn anybody loose with a hundred-round drum or an assault rifle without at least a modicum of verification...

You do realize the only difference between the "Assault Rifles" they want to ban and other rifles is the way they look right? Educate yourself on the types of weapons they want to ban.

Like cars, which can also be Instruments of Death, some sensibility in their ownership and use is required.

We are talking about rights...not privileges. The Constitution does not guarantee anyone the right to a car or any other type of transportation. It does give us the right to own weapons.
Dom

Sure. We should turn anybody loose with a hundred-round drum or an assault rifle without at least a modicum of verification...

I don't think anyone said or implied that.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

And these large drums are more of a novelty than anything else

If they were a good thing the military would use them in certin cases

As far as I know they dont

One reason? Reliability
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

And these large drums are more of a novelty than anything else

If they were a good thing the military would use them in certin cases

As far as I know they dont

One reason? Reliability

The gangsters all used them. I've seen it in the movies. So they worked.

The gangsters all used them. I've seen it in the movies. So they worked.

I read that on the internet too

So it must be true
Abraham Lincoln

As Albert Einstein once said:

'Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe...'

I was already corrected about that quote
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4433582#4433582
--
Rob

You do realize the only difference between the "Assault Rifles" they want to ban and other rifles is the way they look right? Educate yourself on the types of weapons they want to ban.

Like cars, which can also be Instruments of Death, some sensibility in their ownership and use is required.

We are talking about rights...not privileges. The Constitution does not guarantee anyone the right to a car or any other type of transportation. It does give us the right to own weapons.

It also said women weren't allowed to vote and niggers weren't to be counted as a full human being.

Clearly the founding fathers fucked up on a couple of things. Women and niggers aren't new technology and they were clearly wrong about them. Yet, they are to be taken exactly on their word when it comes to technology they couldn't possibly foresee.

That logic seems a little wonky.

The founding fathers did just fine with the 2nd A

If one takes the time to read what was said at the time, the intent was to have weapons of the time. Well, AR15 platform rifles are weapons of the time

Nothing special about them in any way unless one believes the current admin, some congress critters and the lying media
Abraham Lincoln

On another note, your should educate yourself regarding slaves, the Constitution and the majority of the founding fathers

I think you might be a bit surprised by what you find
Abraham Lincoln