CodyTeti

Women in Front Line Combat

>I hear NIH is retiring apes.

Exactly. If you had your leg blown off, would you want a scrawny medic or a 500 pound gorilla to carry you to safety?

so let's imaging the gorilla grabs me and is running to safety when he gets shot in the back with a 7.62 round. He's going to get pissed, and either fling me at the enemy, or toss me down to the ground and take off running.

hmmm.... scrawny medic ftw
--
Rob

>so let's imaging the gorilla grabs me and is running to safety when he gets shot in the
>back with a 7.62 round. He's going to get pissed, and either fling me at the enemy, or
>toss me down to the ground and take off running.

That's true. A steady supply of scrawny medics might be preferable to the one 500 pound gorilla.

Also,women in combat and captured have a greater chance of being not only tortured but raped as a form of torture. I don't think guys have that added threat.

Bull Sh**, American males are cocky in nature and can be beaten for days when interrogated. Yet when raped will talk in minutes. It is a general rule of thumb to do what ever you can to not give up any intelligence for 24 hrs so ground forces can shift or adjust accordingly and anticipate you will eventually crack. So they do some nasty stuff to get you to talk ASAP..

When doing our work up for the initial push in 2002/2003 we were briefed daily on torture tactics common in the middle east and believe it or not (male on male) rape and sodomy were documented and discussed.

On the other side, you would hear about Americas horrible torture tactics when in reality they would talk all day for a can of Pepsi.

What you're doing is exactly like what Nelson did when he put the telescope to his blind eye and exclaimed that her could see no signal.

You'd better explain to him you don't mean Ozzie Nelson.

:|

I'd better explain to him I don't mean Ozzie Osbourne.

Yet you are the one who immediately thought of both. :D

Has anyone posted ... Women were exempt from the draft because they were exempt from combat. Since the ban has been officially lifted it's only a matter of time before your daughter or wife will have to register for Selective Service.

I was around during the Vietnam war, and the draft. I've always felt that women should be equally subject to conscription. I now have 2 daughters of prime military age. No, I don't want my daughters to have to go in harm's way, but my daughters are no more precious than anyone else's son.

There were many a cold an rainy night that it would have been "NICE" to have a... Young good looking, firm breasted, flat stomach, hard butted, long legged baby doll to keep me warm...;) But I bet every other guy in the squad would want a turn...[:/]

And there is the only trouble I have with woman in combat, And I don't buy the argument about taking
care of them... MOST squads have guys that need looking after...

Killler...

Back in the late 70's, I met two Israeli women who had been in the military. One told me she was on patrol and happened to jump into a shell hole. An Arab happened to be in the same shell hole and started to raise his AK-47 to shoot her.

She says she emptied the magazine of her Uzi right into the guy's chest. She said this rather offhandedly, as if it were no big deal. My next thought was: I wouldn't want to meet up with her as an enemy soldier. She had absolutely no qualms about what she did, and figured it just went with the job.

Why should you have any qualms if you are trained to be a war fighter. OH I know: you're not allowed to shoot back, per the US ARMY's rules of engagment. The reaon we're just walking around in Afgan and Irag geting blown up and shot up for no good reason. Fodder for John Hopkins medical crew.

I'll take a 200lb male next to me over a 95 lb woman.

That doesn't surprise me in the least.

Doesn't surprise me that you and others took it that way. Fantasize much? I think so. :D:D

Y'know, you had one way to emerge from that pasting with a bit of credit. That was not it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

its only a matter of time until someone like this warrior comes along and does it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/2017213.stm

And I for one have no problem with that at all.

If a female can pass the entry course to the same standards as male candidates and continue that into service then crack on!

If that entry test allows a female in that cannot perform a physical task on the battlefield, then it stands to reason that the unit will also contain males who cannot perform that same task.

The fact remains that females cannot seem to pass arduous physical entry courses, apparently due to the physiological difference in their hip/pelvic design, I'm not a doctor so can't comment.

Another factor is load carrying; a study carried out by a branch of the US Navy (I forget which) showed that a person carrying a load of over 40% of their weight for extended distances/periods of time, had dramatically increased chances of muscle and bone injurys. Added to this females generally have a lower bone density in comparison to males. To relate that back to 135lb female vs 200lb male argument, a light female is more likely to pick up an injury than a heavier male, regardless of her physical condition.

And AACC is easy anyway......even women pass it:P

LOL, spoken like a true Para... I agree with your arguments, I don't expect to see a flood of females in the infantry or SF any time soon. Another question that no one has looked at here is 'do they even want to be in infantry units?' Its like the Gov and some feminists banging on about the number of women in top executive jobs but how many women really want to take the shit that comes with that kind of position?' Same question really, I'm sure theres a few but as many as men, no way near.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I'll take a 200lb male next to me over a 95 lb woman.

That doesn't surprise me in the least.

Doesn't surprise me that you and others took it that way. Fantasize much? I think so. :D:D

Y'know, you had one way to emerge from that pasting with a bit of credit. That was not it.

Don't need "credit". Anyone with a basic understanding of psychology can easily spot the latent tendencies of some. Much like a Rorschach Test.

I'm not positive I am tracking this right. I think everyone with combat experience said they were ok with females in combat. We got tired of your strawman and took to making fun of your sexuality.

Why is this thread still going?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I got tired of you calling scenarios, strawmen and decided to make fun of the tendencies of some to ascribe sexuality to a discussion when they have nothing else to add. The equivelant of "oh,yeah...we'll then suck my dick". Why would one male want another to do that unless he is gay?That's usually an indication of frustration. Similar to Godwins Law.

Then again....some just have to get the last word in. :ph34r::ph34r: