brenthutch

predictions for 2013

If the climate models have predicted droughts, floods, and "super storms", for 2012, it should be easy to predict this year’s climate. Why don't the warmists let us know where the next flood, drought, wild fire, hurricanes, and global temperatures will be for the next year? Put your big brains to the test and try to predict what will happen BEFORE it happens. As has been clearly demonstrated, the climate models are quite good at predicting what HAS happened, not so good at will what happen. Why don't you predict what the climate will be before it happens?
And before you embarrass yourself further, please refrain from predicting “extreme weather” (extremely hot, extremely cold, extremely wet, extremely dry, or the dreaded extremely normal). Unless you can say where, when and by how much. If you can’t predict the next year why should anyone believe that you can predict the next century.
My climate models have predicted that there will be no drought in the mid-west this year. I am predicting that we will not have record floods, nor wild fires this year. I am also predicting that the average global temperature will not be record setting. No record hurricanes, no record tornados and no record polar bear deaths. The only prediction that I am making is the CO2 levels will be at record levels. Any takers?

Didn't read your post, rolled with the title. predictions for 2013:

- some people will die, some of them famous
- politicians will keep lying, stealing and grabbing more power for themselves
- prices will rise
- more stupid internet fads
- even more shitty reality TV 'stars'

all in all, same old shit as the year before.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

"There's only one problem with global warming - it ended in 1998!"

Now you are starting to get it

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/01/28/un-climate-report-models-overestimated-global-warming/
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

- prices will rise
- more stupid internet fads- even more shitty reality TV 'stars'

the next internet fad is already here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm0dZKb-0Lc

Norway climate study sparks debate over global warming urgency

Researchers in Norway recently found that global warming is less severe than previously predicted by the United Nations climate authority, causing skeptics to argue that a growing body of data is on their side while experts cast doubt on the results.

“It’s one in a substantial number of papers appearing in scientific literature within the last year or two, reducing the forecast global warming for the 21st century,” Patrick Michaels, director of the Center for the Study of Science at the Cato Institute, told The Daily Caller News Foundation in an interview.

“This is just more evidence that the sensitivity was overestimated,” he added.

However, some have urged caution in interpreting the results in the study, as it has not yet been peer-reviewed.

“But this episode underlines the problems of so-called science by press release,” writes Dr. Roz Pidcock for the Carbon Brief. ”With such a complex and sometimes controversial topic, research findings need to be carefully treated. As with all scientific research, if results are not yet published or peer reviewed, they are worth treating as preliminary.”

“You should be very skeptical — it has no good basis,” James Hansen, climatologist and head of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, told TheDC News Foundation in an email.

Bloomberg reports that the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change found that global temperatures may rise 3 degrees — with a range of 2 degrees Celsius to 4.5 degrees Celsius — by 2050 Celsius if carbon dioxide levels doubled. However, after applying post-2000 temperatures, Norwegian researchers found that may rise only 1.9 degrees Celsius.

“The Earth’s mean temperature rose sharply during the 1990s,” said Terje Berntsen, a University of Oslo professor who worked on the study. “This may have caused us to overestimate climate sensitivity.” Climate sensitivity refers to the total amount of global warming projected if atmospheric carbon dioxide levels are doubled.

Eystein Jansen, research director at the Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research, told New York Times blogger Andrew Revkin that, ”it is way to early to say that this study has any more weight than other studies with low or higher sensitivity. My bet still goes along the 3 degree line as the most plausible, all things considered.”

However, Michaels argues that since the 2007 IPCC estimate, studies lowered their warming forecast because the sensitivity of temperature to CO2 emissions has been overestimated. In a Washington Times op-ed, Michaels provides a partial list:

“Richard Lindzen gives a range of 0.6 to 1.0 C (Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 2011); Andreas Schmittner, 1.4 to 2.8 C (Science, 2011); James Annan, using two techniques, 1.2 to 3.6 C and 1.3 to 4.2 C (Climatic Change, 2011); J.H. van Hateren, 1.5 to 2.5 C (Climate Dynamics, 2012); Michael Ring, 1.5 to 2.0 C (Atmospheric and Climate Sciences, 2012); and Julia Hargreaves, including cooling from dust, 0.2 to 4.0 C and 0.8 to 3.6 C (Geophysical Research Letters, 2012).”

“Forecasts for the 21st century that were made in the late 1990s had better be revised downward because it’s very clear that we are going to go pretty close to a quarter of a century, at least, without a warming trend,” Michaels told TheDC News Foundation.

Michaels made the same claim in a 2002 study that also found that global warming “will be modest and near the low end” of what the IPCC had projected in it’s third assessment on climate change. Now, a growing number of scientists are starting to revise down their warming estimates for the 21st century.

“It’s appropriate to jump off a ship when it begins to take on water,” Michaels said, “If you look at the monthly temperature anomalies from the University of East Anglia you see no significant trend in any direction going back to the fall of 1996 which would put us at 17 years of no trend.”

It started with a big bang.....
Then we overpopulated........
Then we messed it up............
Then we predict how badly we will mess it up.....
Then we predict that our prediction are incorrect....

Well, we can't turn back the big bang, but we can sure as sh** stop making more babies, and eliminate the very essence of the problems.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

- prices will rise
- more stupid internet fads- even more shitty reality TV 'stars'
Hey! I could use those my feet are always cold. of course I would prefer a different foot warmer but oh well.
and who doesn't love snaaki? oh I mean snooki

the next internet fad is already here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm0dZKb-0Lc

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

>Stop making more babies,and eliminate the very essence of the problems.

Over population=environmental destruction,poverty,starvation,more violence.
Many people do not want to accept the facts though.
Every year there are more people on the planet,and every year things get worse,so I see no reason why 2013 will not continue the trend.

it should be easy to predict this year’s climate. Why don't the warmists let us know where the next flood, drought, wild fire, hurricanes, and global temperatures will be for the next year?

Hows about you put your big brain to the test of finding out the difference between climate and weather?

Odd sort of mental block you have on that one, because I know it's been explained to you before.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

+1 and might just become my new signature.:S

"Odd sort of mental block you have....."

You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

brenthutch

If the climate models have predicted droughts, floods, and "super storms", for 2012, it should be easy to predict this year’s climate. Why don't the warmists let us know where the next flood, drought, wild fire, hurricanes, and global temperatures will be for the next year? Put your big brains to the test and try to predict what will happen BEFORE it happens. As has been clearly demonstrated, the climate models are quite good at predicting what HAS happened, not so good at will what happen. Why don't you predict what the climate will be before it happens?
And before you embarrass yourself further, please refrain from predicting “extreme weather” (extremely hot, extremely cold, extremely wet, extremely dry, or the dreaded extremely normal). Unless you can say where, when and by how much. If you can’t predict the next year why should anyone believe that you can predict the next century.
My climate models have predicted that there will be no drought in the mid-west this year. I am predicting that we will not have record floods, nor wild fires this year. I am also predicting that the average global temperature will not be record setting. No record hurricanes, no record tornados and no record polar bear deaths. The only prediction that I am making is the CO2 levels will be at record levels. Any takers?

Well folks it is the end of the year, and time to reflect. Let us see how well I did........ Oh snap! It would seem I scored a 100%. Discuss.

brenthutch

Biggest storm to ever hit landfall, 4th fastest ever recorded http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Haiyan

Massive flooding across Europe in May http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_European_floods

Bush fires in Australia http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24599925

Well there's three I found in 5 minutes...oh wait are you talking about global climate change or my backyard climate change?

timgaines

Biggest storm to ever hit landfall, 4th fastest ever recorded http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Haiyan

Massive flooding across Europe in May http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_European_floods

Well there's three I found in 5 minutes...oh wait are you talking about global climate change or my backyard climate change?

Tornados in november http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2013/11/18/a-november-tornado-outbreak-for-the-record-books/

Record flooding in Colorado http://articles.latimes.com/2013/sep/12/nation/la-na-nn-colorado-flooding-nightfall-20130912
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

timgaines

Only a few weeks ago a rash of tornados hit multiple (7) Midwest states. A bit atypical that late in the season, and towards the east rather than the tornado belt around Oklahoma. Of course, Brent gave himself huge weasel room with "record X."

Last week's temperature map of the US (where everyone but Florida was freezing) also seems noteworthy in a claim that 'nothing happened in 2013,' especially when it still has 18 days remaining.

This may blow your mind, but Europe, in May is not indicitive of annual global conditions. (Though I know you are clever enought to know that.) I was, as I am sure you know, referring to GLOBAL conditions. Inspite of unprecedented CO2 levels global temps are not even in the top five.