jgoose71

Missouri HB 170 "Any federal agent trying to enforce gun regulations shall be guilty of a class "D" Felony"

This one is going to be interesting....:D:D:D
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/01/21/missouri-sheriffs-pledge-to-not-enforce-obamas-gun-control-laws/

The actual bill:
http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131/biltxt/intro/HB0170I.htm
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

I could have sworn we had a thread about this; I remember posting to it. But alas, now I can't find it in a search. >:( I think I'm losing it. [:/]

-----------------

ETA : OK, I found them. 2 threads, about almost-identical bills introduced in, respectively, Wyoming and Texas.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4424780#4424780

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4426011#4426011

I could have sworn we had a thread about this; I remember posting to it. But alas, now I can't find it in a search. >:( I think I'm losing it. [:/]

Lol well several dumbass states have introduced legislation like this

Unfortunately now its my dumbass state.

Fun fact:

It is illegal for an employer in MO to fire you for owning a firearm.

Thanks to Rep. Wanda Brown.

It is NOT illegal to be fired for sexual orientation in MO.

Here is the email I sent her when she introduced the bill about making it illegal to be fired for owning a gun....

"Miss Brown

Please step down from public service. Your complete and utter ignorance is such an insult to all of Missouri. Please please, never again cast a vote that could actually affect someones life. You should probably try something more along the lines of recycling old cans.

Thanks.

XXXXXX"

She didn't respond ;[.

My state is fcked.

Because, after all, there's an epidemic of that happening.

Because, of course, that's never been a problem.

-----------------

ETA : OK, I found them. 2 threads, about almost-identical bills introduced in, respectively, Wyoming and Texas.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4424780#4424780

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4426011#4426011

Yes, but what makes this one intersetsting is the fact that it will be a felony to enforce federal law. If this passes, we'll get to see how close your predictions were in the previous theads ;)

I think Eric Holder, being the dirty, low down, partison, cock sucking, low life, bigoted, racist, power-grabbing, corrupt, Chicago-style, chicken-fucking, Attorney General that he is would put to shame anything you can think of.

After all, this move goes against his extreme liberal agenda.....
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Fun fact:

Here is the email I sent her when she introduced the bill about making it illegal to be fired for owning a gun....

"Miss Brown

Please step down from public service. Your complete and utter ignorance is such an insult to all of Missouri. Please please, never again cast a vote that could actually affect someones life. You should probably try something more along the lines of recycling old cans.

Thanks.

XXXXXX"

She didn't respond ;[.

My state is fcked.

So you think firearm owners should lose their jobs. Thats mighty nice of you.

Lol.

Sigh....

Employees were/are already protected from that by the 2nd amendment you so vehemently defend....

And there has never been a case of someone being fired for owning a gun legally in MO......ever....

ETA: The point being, it is another piece of completely useless legislation, just like this proposed bill.

Since Federal Law is supreme, States have no authority to enforce such laws.

:[

The theory of nullification has been rejected repeatedly by federal courts. The courts have declared that under the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution, federal law is superior to state law, and that under Article III of the Constitution, the federal judiciary has the final power to interpret the Constitution. Therefore, according to the courts, the power to make final decisions about the constitutionality of federal laws lies with the federal courts, not the states, and the states do not have the power to nullify federal laws.

Just ETA for a specific:

The Supreme Court explicitly rejected nullification in the case of Cooper v. Aaron, 358 U.S. 1 (1958). The state of Arkansas had passed several laws in an effort to prevent the integration of its schools. The Supreme Court, in its only opinion to be signed by all nine justices, held that state governments had no power to nullify the Brown decision. The Supreme Court held that the Brown decision and its implementation "can neither be nullified openly and directly by state legislators or state executive or judicial officers nor nullified indirectly by them through evasive schemes for segregation whether attempted 'ingeniously or ingenuously.'"[61] Thus, Cooper v. Aaron directly held that states may not nullify federal law.

So by this reasoning, states that have "legalized" marijuana are in conflict with federal law, right?

Yes.

100%

This is a fact.

This is why the AG has been in Washington (state) recently discussing with the governor how to move forward.

ETA: This is also why big business hasn't entered the pot market.

Once the federal conflicts are resolved you will see MARLBORO joints.

So by this reasoning, states that have "legalized" marijuana are in conflict with federal law, right?

Yes.

100%

This is a fact.

This is why the AG has been in Washington (state) recently discussing with the governor how to move forward.

ETA: This is also why no big business has entered the pot market.

Once the federal conflicts are resolved you will see MARLBORO joints.

Marlboro already has a patent for marijuana ciggarettes should it ever become legalized.

Hey we agreed on something!

the states might get this one because owning a firearm is a constitutional right but the school issue was not.

I predict it will fare exactly as well as nullification has the other times it has been tried.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I think Eric Holder, being the dirty, low down, partison, cock sucking, low life, bigoted, racist, power-grabbing, corrupt, Chicago-style, chicken-fucking, Attorney General that he is would put to shame anything you can think of.

After all, this move goes against his extreme liberal agenda.....

Quit holding back. Tell us what you really think.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Fun fact:

"Miss Brown

Thanks.

XXXXXX"

She didn't respond ;[.

My state is fcked.

You expected a response to that smartass comment? She was, presumably, elected by a majority of constituents in her state. Did you vote? Then maybe you should run against her next time. If you win, you can make legislation...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Fun fact:

"Miss Brown

Thanks.

XXXXXX"

She didn't respond ;[.

My state is fcked.

You expected a response to that smartass comment? She was, presumably, elected by a majority of constituents in her state. Did you vote? Then maybe you should run against her next time. If you win, you can make legislation...

I think his commentary about Brown is perfectly reasonable. And I notice you said nothing to the other guy about all the filth he called Holder. Go away, little boy; you're not even trying.

Fun fact:

"Miss Brown

Thanks.

XXXXXX"

She didn't respond ;[.

My state is fcked.

I think his commentary about Brown is perfectly reasonable. And I notice you said nothing to the other guy about all the filth he called Holder. Go away, little boy; you're not even trying.

Not at all. He sent a message to Brown and then complained when she didn't reply to his obvious baiting.

The other poster simply gave us his opinion of Holder, which may or may not be true. But I'm pretty sure he wasn't asking Holder a question.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone