toolbox

Why do they refer to Pierc Morgan as a smarmy twat in the UK?

Why do alot of people in the UK refer to Pierc Morgan as a smarmy twat?
What is a smarmy twat?
Do they call him a smarmy twat because he was implicated in some kind of phone hacking scandal or something to do with murdock news corp?
Inquiring minds want to know!

A good number don't care for him, however he's an entertainer and British television is pretty shit (excepting documentaries and period drama).

However, if this in in reference to his US viewpoints re guns in America, then yes, he has has near unanimous support among the UK population.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

A good number don't care for him, however he's an entertainer and British television is pretty shit (excepting documentaries and period drama).

However, if this in in reference to his US viewpoints re guns in America, then yes, he has has near unanimous support among the UK population.

Utter bollocks. Just because you happen to agree with him doesn't mean everyone else does too:S

Or are you just playing crank the Yank here?:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yeah, but he's not in the U.K. so he needs to conform to our culture while he's in our country. If he don't like it he can fly back accross the pond while it's still a voluntary move on his behalf. Piers is nothing more than an ego inflated toad.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Funny thing I read about him recently, there's a petition to out to kick him out of the US back to the UK, and a similar one barring him from the UK to stay in the US!
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

Yes, we do. It's called the constitution. Maybe you've heard of it. If Pier's doesn't agree with it, he's no right to say so b/c he's not a US citizen. He came a hair's breadth from getting tossed out of the US not long ago. I strongly suggest anyone who doesn't believe in our way of life here to GTFO. I have 2 sons who went to Afghanistan & Iraq to defend this constitution of ours. So yeah, I do take it personally. (And no, I don't care if anyone likes it or not)
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Yeah, but he's not in the U.K. so he needs to conform to our culture while he's in our country.

We have a culture?

Yea which culture? While I disagree with and dislike Peirs Morgan as much as the next man US constitution isn't a culture.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yes, we do. It's called the constitution. Maybe you've heard of it. If Pier's doesn't agree with it, he's no right to say so b/c he's not a US citizen.

He has the right to say anything he wants about the constitution. It's a right you'll find in the constitution.

And aside from that, isn't that like saying that Americans in the UK don't have the right to be loud, obnoxious, Hawaiian shirt wearing fatties who constantly mispronounce "Worcestershire"? Tourism would dry up overnight!

He came a hair's breadth from getting tossed out of the US not long ago.

When?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Yes, we do. It's called the constitution. Maybe you've heard of it. If Pier's doesn't agree with it, he's no right to say so b/c he's not a US citizen. He came a hair's breadth from getting tossed out of the US not long ago. I strongly suggest anyone who doesn't believe in our way of life here to GTFO. I have 2 sons who went to Afghanistan & Iraq to defend this constitution of ours. So yeah, I do take it personally. (And no, I don't care if anyone likes it or not)

As far as conforming to US culture - or "our way of life here" - at least half of the US are in favor of some kind of gun control, and there are huge, densely-populated swaths of the US where most people have never owned a gun; so to that extent, he is conforming. And "American culture", to the extent there is one, is comprised of immigrants coming here from other lands and incorporating their culture and values into our own; that's how American culture continuously evolves. If you really want to harp on American culture, donate the land your house is on back to the descendants of the Native Americans it was stolen from, and then politely STFU while you board a slow boat back to the land of your immigrant ancestors.

The fact that you don't know that the First Amendment (indeed, almost all of the Constitution) applies to everyone subject to US jurisdiction, and not just citizens, simply reveals all the D's and F's you used to get in Social Studies class. You want to defend the Constitution so badly? Rule #1 is to know what the fuck it actually says.

As far as "GTFO", I remember the stupid assholes who used to use that same line back during the Vietnam War. Some things never change, I guess.

As far as Afghanistan and Iraq. The first few months of fighting in Afghanistan were about taking the fight to the enemy and their close allies after they brought their fight to our shores with 9/11. OK, fair enough. But the rest of Afghanistan, and all of Iraq, were all about wasting American lives as cannon fodder which did not one thing to make our children any safer in their beds, just as we pissed away thousands of American lives and billions of dollars for the waste of Vietnam. The criminal fact that brave men and women we love were sacrificed as that cannon fodder does not make it any less so.

1. Piers has every right to say what he wants - granted by the US. Constitution. You should try reading it.

2. Explain carefully how the US invasion of Iraq defended the US Constitution. (PS my son was also sent to Iraq).

3. This is just an abbreviated version of Andy's post, for those with limited attention span.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have never heard anyone use the word smarmy before.
Now that I know what it means,it is very fitting for Pierc as he is a mouthy prick who would probably piss on himself if faced with a physical threat,which makes him a twat for sure.
Smarmy twat! It is a good description.

The only sure way to avoid a canopy collision is to skydive by yourself.

The fact that you don't know that the First Amendment (indeed, almost all of the Constitution) applies to everyone subject to US jurisdiction, and not just citizens, simply reveals all the D's and F's you used to get in Social Studies class. You want to defend the Constitution so badly? Rule #1 is to know what the fuck it actually says.

You know, Andy -- I lurk here from time to time, and I usually dislike your opinions. But you're correct on this point -- the United States Constitution doesn't say anything about citizens, it refers to persons, men, people, etc.
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.

Pierc has rights,but if he pisses off enough people and they boycot his show, and CNN as well,then maybe he will go somewhere else and be a smarmy twat there until they get sick of his crap.
Hell in alot of countries they might drag his ass out and stomp a mudhole in it.
He is lucky he is in the US where he is protected by our constitution,and where people do not riot over soccer(hockey is a brawl on ice to begin with so it does not count:D), and attack corrupt public officials, and public figures they don't like.
But the US is such a violent place:S