Trev_S

Curious as to skydivers religious beliefs

Pastafarian.

In the name of the Pasta, the meat balls and the holy sauce, Ramen.

I think that's bullshit, I reckon I've got more chance of dying on the way to or from the DZ.

Not to sidetrack your thread, but you are absolutely dead wrong here.

Try riding a bike in a city full of retards.

Just wondering what sort of figures this poll will get.
I heard some1 say that to skydive you've got to be prepared to die. I think that's bullshit, I reckon I've got more chance of dying on the way to or from the DZ. But since it was a born again christian that said it, it made me think, "well lucky you if you do!"

Your "poll" tells a lot more about you than it does about what others think. Does your lack of spiritual awareness make you uneasy?

Thank you. I'm not being a smart arse, that is actually a compliment (outside of America anyway).

More & more science is showing that life in general is an anomaly, growing to the point we're now at, even more-so. In the grand scheme our whole galaxy could disappear into a dust cloud and it would have no effect on the universe. 'We' matter less than squat in the big picture....if believing in a God keeps away the ulcers and lets ya sleep at night, good on you.

Science also shows that all of the matter and energy that makes you a reality has & will exist eternally in one form or another.
How can you rationally deduce that your consciousness is any exception to the eternal nature of the universe.

Jedi.
Jedi don't have or need gods. They work for the light side of the force. Starting from that assumption, an entire moral code can be derived with a basis on respect, understanding and empathy for others, and a rejection of principles that tend to have negative consequences such as hate, fear, greed, and lust for power.
Its amazing that a moral code derived from a fictional space opera with a tongue in cheek humor makes more sense than any existing religion I'm aware of. So, yeah. I work for the light side of the force, my only real goal in life is to be "A good man", and I try my damndest to get through life without making it worse for or causing harm to anyone else. Call me a Jedi.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Help me understand. If you don't believe in a higher being, or God, what do you believe in. What feeling to you have. Is there just nothing there. What happens when you are lifes lowest depths with no physical person to turn to. Just wondering. Don't really want to get into a religious debate.

Yes I realize you can think of boobies hanging from a cliff, or the SHIT god as you yell OH SHIT when the chute is tangled but just wondering really that state of mind where belief is absent.

If you're christian you should pick theist.
I put bible bashing christian because i think there's a big difference between your average christian and the Bill O'reillys of the world.

SO i guess I shouldn't mention that I like O'reilly
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Jedi.
Jedi don't have or need gods. They work for the light side of the force. Starting from that assumption, an entire moral code can be derived with a basis on respect, understanding and empathy for others, and a rejection of principles that tend to have negative consequences such as hate, fear, greed, and lust for power.
Its amazing that a moral code derived from a fictional space opera with a tongue in cheek humor makes more sense than any existing religion I'm aware of. So, yeah. I work for the light side of the force, my only real goal in life is to be "A good man", and I try my damndest to get through life without making it worse for or causing harm to anyone else. Call me a Jedi.
-B

My FB lists Jedi as my religious preference. Look it up on the internet. It appears someone takes it seriously.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

If you're christian you should pick theist.
I put bible bashing christian because i think there's a big difference between your average christian and the Bill O'reillys of the world.

SO i guess I shouldn't mention that I like O'reilly

"Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that!"

I'm an oddball. I like watching Glen Beck from time to time because he is amusing in the ways he puts things together and some of his arguments are quite compelling. But, I don't necessarily agree with all of his conclusions. I listen to and watch lots of people with varied opinions. I try to avoid in-breeding. Not everyone does.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Not read any description of state of mind, feelings for the non believer. So , there are no feelings. Nothing. I'm discussing conscience thought. There's no thought. So as AQ has you in a hole and you are getting waterboarded you have no conscience feelings of anything? Your mom that passed before you. Your wife etc., which are only spirit thoughts imagined. The self reflective spirit of your own sole as you are a God to yourself? What would hope be predicated upon?Or no hope. Lights out, this is it, Kaput, bye bye and thats it? Perhaps ridding all thought makes us fearless, a componet in extreme sports. The more you think about it, the harder it is to jump.