Trev_S

Curious as to skydivers religious beliefs

Just wondering what sort of figures this poll will get.
I heard some1 say that to skydive you've got to be prepared to die. I think that's bullshit, I reckon I've got more chance of dying on the way to or from the DZ. But since it was a born again christian that said it, it made me think, "well lucky you if you do!"

Lesbian

trapped in a man's body :D:D

That was intentional on the part of God. She knew if I was born in a woman's body, I might never leave the house.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I heard some1 say that to skydive you've got to be prepared to die.

Several thoughts on this....

I am prepared to die. I do not fear it. It can not be avoided. Fearing it is silly.

While I am here, I intend to live. It is not true that you only live once. You only die once. You live every day of your life. Avoiding death by failing to live is wasting so much.

Once I die (whenever I die) my problems are over.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Eh. Unless you believe in reincarnation, death is an absolute of some sort. It's easy for me to deal with.

Being injured such that I am not dead, but can not enjoy my life the way I am accustomed to...that is truly scary. I have geat respect for those who are disabled during their lives and do not let it reduce their enjoyment of life.

Can't believe no one has brought it up... or maybe I missed it. It's quite prevalent amongst the males in the sport.

Booby-ism :P

That's a subset of my religion; Lesbian.

I heard some1 say that to skydive you've got to be prepared to die. I think that's bullshit, I reckon I've got more chance of dying on the way to or from the DZ. But since it was a born again christian that said it, it made me think, "well lucky you if you do!"

Your "poll" tells a lot more about you than it does about what others think. Does your lack of spiritual awareness make you uneasy?

You are drinking the koolaid if you think the drive to and from the DZ is more likely to kill you,unless you are riding a motorcycle.
Your chances of getting in a wreck might be greater to and from the DZ,but just because you wreck your car does not mean you will die or even get hurt for that matter.
You have the body and frame of the car shielding you from injury,and with newer cars you have not only seatbelts but airbags and the car will most likely crumple to absorbe some of the force of impact.
You do not have this protection with motocycles or skydiving.
I have known 11 skydiver friends and seen 2 skydivers I did'nt know die skydiving,along with well over 100 more injured.
I'm 50 years old and everyone I've known either rides in or drives a car on a regular basis and I've only known 7 who have died in car wrecks,6 who have died on motorcycles.
I do not skydive because it's safe,I skydive because it blows my skirt up and as a confirmed lesbian it feels airgasmic.

Your "poll" tells a lot more about you than it does about what others think. Does your lack of spiritual awareness make you uneasy?

I don't think it says that at all.

MY theory is we're all just bugs on a rock spinning through space.

Seeing as how we evolved into self-awareness, some need to feel there is a grand poo-baa running things...that everything has a purpose & a reward is waiting for good behavior.

If some on this rock need that fantasy to stay calm, focused & productive...that's ok.

More & more science is showing that life in general is an anomaly, growing to the point we're now at, even more-so. In the grand scheme our whole galaxy could disappear into a dust cloud and it would have no effect on the universe. 'We' matter less than squat in the big picture....if believing in a God keeps away the ulcers and lets ya sleep at night, good on you.

For the rest of 'us' who know this is 'it', "One & Done" on life experience thing and then nothing...the comfort we see other take in their naivete is 'nice'.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~