SkyDekker

Freedom

How free are you really when you need to be in possession of a tool to ensure freedom?

Significantly freer than being denied the ability to be in possession of a tool to ensure freedom. Freedom is not about freedom from each other. Freedom is about freedom from government intervention. The first amendment doesn’t mean that I can’t tell a person to shut the fuck up. It means the government can’t. It doesn’t mean a greenie cannot censor my comment on here but that the government cannot.

Is it freedom where a forum moderator is needed to keep people civilized. Yes, it is. Because in a society that is not free, the government will make sure that job is unnecessary.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Hey -- a big pair of channel lock pliers, a big screwdriver, and wire ties (they look more professional than duct tape) are the essential keystones in any mechanic's toolbox

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

so it's better to not have the ability to ensure freedom?

you're being silly - clearly the point is that only when the government is in charge of protecting us from government will someone be truly free......

:P

it's all so clear now - as kids, we should all have asked the bullies to be the ones to protect us from bullying.......

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I can't remember the name of the AZ artist who wss a friend of Georgia Okeef who said she ended thinking a long time ago and since she doesn't think she is free. Now deseased her art sells in the hundreds of thousands. She hadn't read a paper or watched TV for 40 years so her mind was free and uncluttered. I saw her speak in video and she told the interviewer why clutter the mind. So if my mind is free I'm I truely free eventhough I might not be free. I could sit here and be any where I've been before as I have a memory. What is freedom?