airdvr

Pelosi says upcoming fiscal deals should include greater tax increase

Pelosi declined to discuss specifics, but suggested America’s higher earners and corporations might be targeted – after the January 1 deal that increased the marginal rate for the highest earners to 39.6 percent.

She also suggested that ending incentives for U.S. oil companies was a potential target.
“Special subsidies for big oil, for example, $38 billion right there,” she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/06/pelosi-argues-more-tax-increase-should-be-part-upcoming-fiscal-deals/#ixzz2HJw08KtH

If you make more than 250K you're still in the Dem's sites. Also, just what we need right now...higher prices at the pump.

What's almost as funny is after months of hearing nothing from Pelosi she got a hit of media coverage last week and wants more spotlight.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Well, the majority of American's have spoken...Tax increases are what they want...on the 1 percenters, never crossed their little minds that they too would be required to pony up more.

“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com. “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/6/obama-supporters-shocked-angry-new-tax-increases/#ixzz2HK7MBY6p
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

“My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

If this person was not aware their OASDI withholding was going to return to 6.2% (i.e. where it was in 2010) and could not figure out what happened with a few seconds of googling, then they shouldn't be making guarantees about their understanding of how much what taxes hurt whom. That said, seeing this paraded around as a big shock, "to the libs" is silly. It's a shock to anyone who can't be bothered to learn what the numbers on their paystub mean and who probably think getting a big tax refund is like getting a bonus. I'm not sure financial illiteracy correlates highly with political party.

That too. Especially defense spending, which is at totally absurd levels.

Yep, I agree. So does social security.

Bottom line we cannot tax our way out of this. We have to cut EVERYTHING. We have to raise taxes and cut loop holes.

If we came up with a reasonable plan, put it in place and left it alone I believe the markets would respond favorably. The BEST way to fix this is to grow our tax base (not just raise taxes).

The dumb asses in Washington - both sides will never come up with the plan.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Well, we've had 1 tax concession and basically no spending cuts (you don't get to count Medicare). Of course, the left wants more taxes with no spending cuts, the right the exact opposite. I have no faith that any of these clowns in DC will be able to accomplish anything meaningful.

Destinations by Roxanne

Taxes do need to be raised more.

Spending needs to be curtailed more.

That too. Especially defense spending, which is at totally absurd levels.

They get their tax increase and not even 2 weeks later are talking about more? give the politicians a $ and they will ask for another. they will never cut their line of credit stolen from the American people.

Since the start of fiscal year 2011, President Barack Obama has signed into law approximately $2.4 trillion of deficit reduction for the years 2013 through 2022. Nearly three-quarters of that deficit reduction is in the form of spending cuts, while the remaining one-quarter comes from revenue increases.

www.americanprogress.org/issues/budget/news/2013/01/08/49137/the-deficit-reduction-we-have-achieved-so-far/

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

..under today’s policies, debt levels in 2022—as a share of GDP—will be only slightly higher than they are expected to be by the end of next year.

That's something we can all be proud of. :S

Destinations by Roxanne