StreetScooby

Demand a plan...

Pretty good video, interspersing celebrity anti-gun messages with segments of them in movies blasting away with guns.

If they want to have any credibility with their anti-gun views, they should take a pledge not to glorify gun violence in their movies, and refuse to accept any roles in which they have to shoot guns.

Oh, but that might cost them a little money...

You don't understand. They know how to be responsible with guns. In fact, they need guns to protect themselves because they are targets and have risks that the rabble peasants don't have. And it's the rabble peasants that are the threat.

Guns are not for everyone. They are for the elite who need them when nobody else does. Except cops. Like this guy. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/25/nypd-officer-gilbert-valle-attempted-kidnapping-cannibalism-cooking_n_2017108.html

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You don't understand. They know how to be responsible with guns. In fact, they need guns to protect themselves because they are targets and have risks that the rabble peasants don't have. And it's the rabble peasants that are the threat.

Congresswoman Giffords is (fortunately) living proof of that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And in excess of 500 people in Chicago (those are just the dead ones) are also evidence.

But most of them are just expendable gang bangers. Not worth living.

So you think gangbangers should be armed too? Well, I have news for you.

FACT is, the average citizen is not a target. Presidents and Congresspersons ARE known to be targets.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

FACT is, the average citizen is not a target. Presidents and Congresspersons ARE known to be targets.

So all those FBI crime stats are comprised of only famous people who have been attacked?
And ordinary folks are never attacked, live their lives in perfect safety, and have nothing to fear?

Of course not.

So you would seem to be using a very narrow definition of "target". One that is so narrow as to render your submission invalid.

Women who are raped were targets. Homes that were burglarized were targets. People that are robbed were targets. All perfectly ordinary people.

It's not just the rich and famous that are targets of crime. Everyone is subject to it. And everyone should have the right of armed self defense against it.

Heck, little old ladies walking home from cashing their Social Security checks have been known to be targets for decades. It's not just high profile people who are targets. Plenty of ordinary everyday people are targeted as well. That's sort of inconvenient for the subjects who live in Chicago, but not so bad for those of us who live places where self-defense is viewed as the moral act that it is.
Are we sure that's a good idea?

And in excess of 500 people in Chicago (those are just the dead ones) are also evidence.

But most of them are just expendable gang bangers. Not worth living.

So you think gangbangers should be armed too? Well, I have news for you.

Fact: "the average citizen' gets hit with stray bullets.

Fact: the average citizen is victimized by crime far more than the average citizen commits a crime.

Fact: EVERYONE is a target for a criminal. You, me, and everyone else.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I've been the victim of a battery 2 times( random when I was younger), burglarized 3 times (in 7 years), and victim of numerous simple criminal damage to property on my front yard. I'm not a politician.....

Ps you always say we republican NRA types want guns for defense. That's only a fraction of the uses for probably over 75% of guowners. I have been a reserve sheriff, hunter, collector, competitive shooter, gun restorer all my life, it's not the only reason to own one.