turtlespeed

Maybe we should ban guns from cops too . . .

Shooting inside police station

During an impromptu press conference, Chief Harry Earle told the media that the incident occurred around 5:30 a.m. inside the building when a suspect being taken into custody for a domestic violence-related incident got into a confrontation with officers.

The suspect was able to take a firearm and opened fire on the officers.

That's obviously the answer.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

However, it does contradict the pro-gun dogma that no-one ever tries to shoot up a police station because of all the well armed people there.

Don

However, it does contradict the pro-gun dogma that no-one ever tries to shoot up a police station because of all the well armed people there.

Don

That was never was my dogma.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Don

However, it does re-enforce the difference between a mad-man shooting in an area where everyone is armed and an area where no one is armed.

How far did he get?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

However, it does re-enforce the difference between a mad-man shooting in an area where everyone is armed and an area where no one is armed.

How far did he get?

Three officers wounded, two with only minor injuries. Shooter quickly killed by return fire. Quite a difference from the high body counts of mass shooters in no-gun zones...

How far did he get?

Three officers wounded, two with only minor injuries. Shooter quickly killed by return fire. Quite a difference from the high body counts of mass shooters in no-gun zones...

Would have been NO injuries if madman had not been able to access the gun in the first place.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

How far did he get?

Would have been NO injuries if madman had not been able to access the gun in the first place.

So don't arrest him and take him to jail? just let him be?
(I jest, I know that is not what you meant)

It appears to be a bit of a lapse in procedure, allowing the Criminal a chance to try and fight his way to a life on the run. He failed in the end.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

It was a corrections officer who took a cop's gun and started shooting. Which creates a mighty interesting new set of considerations.

Yes law enforcement can be dicks, too.

Suicide by cop? Wouldn't be the first time.

Don

How far did he get?

First: The crazy in this particular senario went for the Officers gun. How would you propose to resolve that? Not allow Officers to have guns?

Second: With an Estimated 270,000,000 guns currently being owned by law abiding citizens, how would you propose to keep them out of "the wrong hands?" Repeal the 4th Amendment and go door to door taking everyones guns?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

If, Feinstein has her way, that's what we're looking at. I still want to know, who does she have in mind to take the guns from the gangs and other criminals? The woman lives in a damned bubble and has absolutely no grasp on reality. I don't think her bill has a snowball's chance in hell of passing. Simply because, there are too many politicians who like to hunt, own and carry, including her (carry).

Chuck