rushmc

First Step Toward Gun Confiscation

Of course because YOU said that most B&E's happen during the day thats ALL I NEED to go out and sell all my guns.

Nah, I could care less, doesn't effect me in anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------
The same thing applies to everything you say.

Now the bill is being analized

After all the Democrats' emphasis the dangers of so-called "assault weapons," the details of Senator Dianne Feinstein's pending assault weapons ban show that her real goal is to ban handguns.

That's right, after all the criticism of the AR-15 and the holier-than-thou speeches about how no one needs a military-style rifle with a 30-round magazine the details of the ban betray a gun grab that includes semi-automatic pistols that use "a detachable magazine" and have "one military characteristic."

This can only mean that the most popular handguns in the world for both civilian and military use are being targeted. These would include Glocks, Sig Sauers, Smith & Wesson M&Ps, H&K, and Colt, yet would by no means be limited to these handguns alone.

Ironically, I was just talking to a friend this morning about how the "assault weapons" ban is just way for the Democrats to get their foot in the door and ban handguns. And now, before the legislation is even introduced, they've gone ahead and shown their hand.

But an even bigger problem lurks -- right now the focus is only on "assault weapons" and semi-auto handguns, however, as soon as a public crime is committed with a double-action revolver, Feinstein and Co. will try to add those to the list as well.

The bottom line: If we are foolish enough to embrace a ban on any weapon in the coming Congress then we are unwittingly embracing a ban on every weapon.

The Democrats cannot be trusted with our freedoms, and they will politicize every tragedy to accomplish their ends.

Proof of this lies in the fact that Feinstein was just waiting for a open door to push a gun ban anyway. In other words, this isn't because of Sandy Hook. Reports from early Nov. 2012 were already indicating the she planned to push a assault weapons ban if Obama were re-elected.

Now more than ever, Republican Senators and Reps. must stand up for the individual right to keep and bear arms. Liberty itself is at stake.

by AWR Hawkins
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I think that's still illegal in Louisiana:o

But not in DC where the Presidency has been for years now.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I think he's using the same argument, and making the same mistake as Dmcoco.

"The Second Amendment declares that it shall not be infringed: but this, as has been seen, means no more than that it shall not be infringed by Congress. This is one of the amendments that has no other effect than to restrict the powers of the National [Federal] Government…”"

He's saying that the right still exists without the amendment, but that without the amendment the right can be infringed. A right that can be infringed is just an abstract notion that's no good to anyone.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Its a good thing they didnt outlaw that in the UK. Otherwise you might not be here.

Nice to see you're as up to speed on biology as you are with everything else.

(And remember, when they outlaw butt sex, only outlaws will have butt sex. Think about it.)

I think that's still illegal in Louisiana:o

But not in DC where the Presidency has been for years now.

Then roll up the draft copy and analize away!

Hi Dekker,

Why wouldn't I just wait till you leave and break in then? That way if you have guns around the house, I can steal those too!

This is exactly what happened to my brother.

:S

JerryBaumchen

That is the way that "legal" guns fall into the hands of criminals. Those responsible, law abiding gun owners make it easy for the criminals.

Guns are in the top 3 favorite targets of burglars.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

No matter how anyone slices it, her bill would mean the confiscation of all guns from honest citizens. Feinstein is a whack-job with a total lack of common sense who wants to take away our second ammendment rights. What I'd like to know is, how she plans to get all the guns away from gangs like MS-13, Hell's Angels and the hundreds of other gangs in this country! She comes up with her 'knee-jerk' ideas with no sense of reason or reality. We need to keep our guns and ban Feinstein!

Chuck

No matter how anyone slices it, her bill would mean the confiscation of all guns from honest citizens. Feinstein is a whack-job with a total lack of common sense who wants to take away our second ammendment rights. What I'd like to know is, how she plans to get all the guns away from gangs like MS-13, Hell's Angels and the hundreds of other gangs in this country! She comes up with her 'knee-jerk' ideas with no sense of reason or reality. We need to keep our guns and ban Feinstein!

Chuck

DING!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I think he's using the same argument, and making the same mistake as Dmcoco.

"The Second Amendment declares that it shall not be infringed: but this, as has been seen, means no more than that it shall not be infringed by Congress. This is one of the amendments that has no other effect than to restrict the powers of the National [Federal] Government…”"

He's saying that the right still exists without the amendment, but that without the amendment the right can be infringed. A right that can be infringed is just an abstract notion that's no good to anyone.

You don't think he is saying that the Constitution and Bill of rights only Confirm our Rights, not Confer them? Meaning they are still our rights, paper or not.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Along with the help of people like you, that think it was a wonderful idea to publish the names and addresses of gunowners. That is why responsible gun owners keep their guns locked in a safe, other than the one you keep out for defense. It keeps criminals from getting their hands on them when you aren't home.

Along with the help of people like you, that think it was a wonderful idea to publish the names and addresses of gunowners. That is why responsible gun owners keep their guns locked in a safe, other than the one you keep out for defense. It keeps criminals from getting their hands on them when you aren't home.

Please link to the post in which I said it was a wonderful idea to publish the names and addresses of gunowners.

You, like marc, read but don't comprehend what it is that you are reading.

Chuck

DING!

I have a hard time beieving that people really vote for that woman, let alone listen to her. :S[crazy

Chuck

Chuck

DING!

I have a hard time beieving that people really vote for that woman, let alone listen to her. :S[crazy

Chuck

She's from San Francisco. Nuff said.

Chuck

DING!

Chuck

She's from San Francisco. Nuff said.

:D:D:D Right-on!

Chuck

I am leaving for a while, but when I return I will backtrack and find the post. Your response to gun owners being upset at having their names and addresses published was to remark that since guns in the home deter crime, they shouldn't be upset. If you were being sarcastic, I missed it, and apologize. It would seem to me that you didn't have a problem with the publishing. So thought you endorsed the idea. Just tell me where you stand on the subject and we will go from there.

I am leaving for a while, but when I return I will backtrack and find the post. Your response to gun owners being upset at having their names and addresses published was to remark that since guns in the home deter crime, they shouldn't be upset. .

Your memory is faulty, that is NOT what I wrote.

Hi Dekker,

Why wouldn't I just wait till you leave and break in then? That way if you have guns around the house, I can steal those too!

This is exactly what happened to my brother.

:S

JerryBaumchen

That is the way that "legal" guns fall into the hands of criminals. Those responsible, law abiding gun owners make it easy for the criminals.

Guns are in the top 3 favorite targets of burglars.

and yet you're OK with a list of gun owners being published. You want to make it easier for criminals to steal guns.

hypocrite.
--
Rob

I am leaving for a while, but when I return I will backtrack and find the post. Your response to gun owners being upset at having their names and addresses published was to remark that since guns in the home deter crime, they shouldn't be upset. .

Your memory is faulty, that is NOT what I wrote.

I told you not to be a total jackass, and that even you (with your warped sense of what was right) should see that it was an irresponsible act. You responded completely tangentially indicating you are a complete jackass and that you don't see publishing those locations as an irresponsible act.
--
Rob

Chuck

This topic spans both parties

I hope her bill never makes it through the Senate

But if it does, we can only hope for calmer heads in the House

Or

Hope Obama will veto it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln