rushmc

First Step Toward Gun Confiscation

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

***Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

emphasis mine
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

She did appear in a news conference with a NY Rep and confiscation was mentioned as being on the table.

Four, at least, administrations systematically ripping away Individual Rights, for their political gain.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

"Grandfathered" typically means a law won't have an impact on current ownership.

If you already own the weapons, you will be allowed to keep them, after the law has passed. Unless of course they disqualify you by any one of the new regulations. You could be perfectly law abiding today, but not tomorrow. [:/]

Matt

What do they mean by 'Grandfathered?'

Currently legal firearms will all of a sudden be illegal unless registered, and there will be a grace period where they will have to be registered and (likely) have the additional tax paid.

This registration process involves local law enforcement and will, as such, put an undue strain on their personnel and paperwork processing time costing them extra money.
--
Rob

Interesting way to improve the attrition rate of gun owners being able to have a gun.

if anyone misses the deadline then that individual is prohibited for life by owning a firearm because he has now broken the law.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

and as soon as the entire usa is rid of all guns we will be the next prime target for invasion. Nobody will be able to fight back.

Right, we'll be invaded just like Canada and Australia.

Iraq, which was awash with guns, never got invaded.

Good theory that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And we knew for sure that japan was going to bomb pearl harbor. Are you smoking the shit youre selling?

Says the guy who thinks the USA is about to be invaded and thought there was going to be a 'planetary alignment' at the end of the Mayan calendar?

How's that paranoia workin' out for ya?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

and as soon as the entire usa is rid of all guns we will be the next prime target for invasion. Nobody will be able to fight back.

Right, we'll be invaded just like Canada and Australia.

Iraq, which was awash with guns, never got invaded.

Good theory that.

The only invasion I'd expect once the guns were pulled from US homes is home invasion robberies. Note the increase in home invasion robberies in .au post their gun "buyback".

I won't quote any numbers as you wouldn't trust any source I came up with, you'd accuse me of using a slanted source or cherry-picking data rather than refute with your own data. You've become predictable in your old age.
--
Rob

Really - This is not as big of a deal as the media and feeble-minded make it out to be. Funny how so many gun owners shouldn't be, and those who are responsible and intelligent enough to understand the responsibilities that come hand in hand with firearms are the ones whom often choose not to be.

I thought the argument against restricting "assault weapons" was that would-be school shooters would just use their car/knives/bombs/whatever. So the essence of your complaint is that school-shooter whack jobs are creative enough to find alternative methods to kill people, but if you take guns from people like you, you'll be "unable to fight back"? Isn't that basically saying you're not as smart as a whack-job school shooter?

Don

Car, Knife, Bomb, "whatever". It's pretty easy to kill an unarmed and unsuspecting person...especially kids, their legs are not that long so they don't run so fast.

Private gun ownership gives the american populace a "chance" to fight back in the case of an "invasion" or civil war vs. absolutely no chance without them.

did you just hear what you just said?

Since I am a law abiding citizen, I would give up my guns because your imperial leader decided so. So I would be a sitting duck for home invasions. Then you said Im not smart enough to DO WHATEVER IT TAKES...oh why? because I try to follow the law. And when my shit gets robbed the best thing you have to say is that I should have made a fertilizer bomb with my bare hands and blown them the fuck up. Great idea.

Since I am a law abiding citizen, I would give up my guns because your imperial leader decided so. So I would be a sitting duck for home invasions.

Why wouldn't I just wait till you leave and break in then? That way if you have guns around the house, I can steal those too!

Since I am a law abiding citizen, I would give up my guns because your imperial leader decided so. So I would be a sitting duck for home invasions.

Why wouldn't I just wait till you leave and break in then? That way if you have guns around the house, I can steal those too!

I hope Kallend reads this, he won't believe any one else writing it.

Matt

well you seem to have inside details of what tactics criminals use. Its a good plan...because I have a job...and I do leave every day during the week for work.

So your guns aren't really going to help you much with a B&E. Most of those do take place during the day.

You may want to use different tools for protection against that, you seem to eb heavily focused on the wrong tool for the job.