David Gregory going to jail?

Funny thing . . . my Kids arent in school anymore

Then obviously you don't have to be worried about school shootings. :S

kallend doesnt either

at least if it cost him any money

I am willing to pay

I bet turtle is too

How about you?

Marc, sometime you should try reading what people actually write instead of what you'd like them to have written. It will make you look less foolish.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

By purchasing the product, you are agreeing to pay the tax. That's not a punishment; that's a contract

Negative. A contract means that both sides give consideration - some form of detriment. Tell me, what is the government's detriment in collecting a tax?

Sure, if you engage in a behavior it'll be taxed. So don't engage in the behavior and you won't get taxed. There's an argument for that. BUT - it affects a freedom.

By the way - is there any punishment that does not come from a behavior? You can choose to do it or not. (I forgot - ACA. You will be punished if you DON'T do something)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Taxes are NOT punishment.

Some are. And called things like "sin tax" in order to make it known.

If I work harder and make more money because of my efforts, why should I be punished for it?

Are you trying to claim that working is a sin, Counselor?

No. I'm trying to claim that working should not be but is being treated like it is. It used to be something to aspire to. Now it's something to be torn down. Make being wealthy unaffordable.

No. I'm trying to claim that working should not be but is being treated like it is. It used to be something to aspire to. Now it's something to be torn down. Make being wealthy unaffordable.

If a 50% top tax rate was affordable under Reagan, why is a 39.5% rate punitive under Obama?

Seems you have a nice double standard going there.

Hmm

You seem to think it is if your tax dollars are used to protect children

And yet another fabrication from rushmc.

So you support your tax dollars being used to protect children in school?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Funny thing . . . my Kids arent in school anymore

Then obviously you don't have to be worried about school shootings. :S

kallend doesnt either

at least if it cost him any money

I am willing to pay

I bet turtle is too

How about you?

Marc, sometime you should try reading what people actually write instead of what you'd like them to have written. It will make you look less foolish.

If it is foolishness that exposes your hypocrisy then, I am all in
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

By purchasing the product, you are agreeing to pay the tax. That's not a punishment; that's a contract

Negative. A contract means that both sides give consideration - some form of detriment. Tell me, what is the government's detriment consideration in collecting a tax?

A contract is simply an agreement for quid pro quo, ("something for something" for those not actually Lawrocket).

The something in this case is the act of running the government, which can not function without taxes. Similar to how a shopping mall can't stay open if nobody ever pays their rent. Even though no business would want to pay rent if they didn't have to, in order to maintain a place of business in that location, it's mutually beneficial for all parties involved to do so.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Hmm

I support taxes in general in a developed society like ours. They are not punishment. I support taxes on tobacco to help pay for smoking related health problems, taxes on gas to help pay for roads, taxes on aviation fuel to help pay for ATC, and taxes on guns to help pay for the costs of gun violence.

Hmm

I support taxes in general in a developed society like ours. They are not punishment. I support taxes on tobacco to help pay for smoking related health problems, taxes on gas to help pay for roads, taxes on aviation fuel to help pay for ATC, and taxes on guns to help pay for the costs of gun violence.

Since you enjoy all the benefits that can be derived by handing over more of your money to the government, have you started voluntarily paying more taxes than you owe? You know, just to show your patriotism and support for your fellow man.

If a 50% top tax rate was affordable under Reagan, why is a 39.5% rate punitive under Obama?

When did I ever say "I loved the tax rates under Reagan?" That's right - I didn't.

I have mentioned how much I admired the 1986 TRA - and how the Reagan and the Dems and GOP in Congress actually worked together in some real reform. I admired Reagan because he didn't set out on a "Im blasting the Democrats" tour.

Both sides in this are assholes. Obama and the Democrats have said, "Fiscal cliff is worth it unless we increase taxes on high income earners." Doesn't that suck?

The GOP has said, "The fiscal cliff is worth it to not raise income taxes on high earners." Sucks just as much.

You are a bright guy, but you suck at reading minds.

Some are. And called things like "sin tax" in order to make it known.

Nonsense. Every "sin tax" is completely optional. If you don't want to pay it, don't buy the product. By purchasing the product, you are agreeing to pay the tax. That's not a punishment; that's a contract.

I dont want my taxes to go to wind subs

But I am forced to pay gas tax

Which is a contract now?

You're paying gas taxes in a contractual exchange for you to get gas. What happens with the money afterward is out of your control in exactly the same way as it would be if the gasoline station manager decided to buy a product you didn't approve of.

I don't know about you, but nobody has ever threatened to put me in jail for not buying gas.

Ah, but you might be if you don't purchase healthcare.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

- I support taxes in general in a developed society like ours. They are not punishment.
- I support taxes on tobacco to help pay for smoking related health problems,
- taxes on gas to help pay for roads,
- taxes on aviation fuel to help pay for ATC, and
- taxes on guns to help pay for the costs of gun violence.

Do you support taxes on bullets to pay for bullet-points?

See? You don't have an answer to that, do you?

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/detriment

Know why I have student loans up the ass? SO that I know that mutual "detriment" is vital to contract formation.

You are arguing for the sake of arguing. And this one, Paul, you are not correct on.

Mutual benefit and mutual detriment are two sides to the same coin of "consideration" in a contractual relationship, Jerry. I'm not a huge fan of parsing analogies (which by definition are never factually perfect comparisons), but Paul's comparison to shopping malls is pretty reasonable. Anyhow, it's Sunday, and that's as much work as I'm going to do today.

When did I ever say "I loved the tax rates under Reagan?" That's right - I didn't.

I have mentioned how much I admired the 1986 TRA - and how the Reagan and the Dems and GOP in Congress actually worked together in some real reform. I admired Reagan because he didn't set out on a "Im blasting the Democrats" tour.

Both sides in this are assholes. Obama and the Democrats have said, "Fiscal cliff is worth it unless we increase taxes on high income earners." Doesn't that suck?

The GOP has said, "The fiscal cliff is worth it to not raise income taxes on high earners." Sucks just as much.

You are a bright guy, but you suck at reading minds.

You are still wrong. Plenty of people became wealthy under Reagan's 50% rate, and plenty became wealthy under Clinton's 39.5% rate. Plenty lost a whole lot under Bush's 35%.

Looks like hes not going to jail....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/nbcs-gregory-wont-be-charged-for-displaying-ammunition-clip-on-tv/2013/01/11/984a7bda-5c1d-11e2-beee-6e38f5215402_story.html

I wish I could pick and choose what laws apply to me.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Just saw that. They reported it would not be in the publics best interest to bust him. If we turn hi cap mags into art work or sculpture near DC would we get busted? Just wondering about free speech.

Just saw that. They reported it would not be in the publics best interest to bust him. If we turn hi cap mags into art work or sculpture near DC would we get busted? Just wondering about free speech.

Since those calling for Mr.Gregory to be charged used the arrest of a service member as their example, what is the status and background in that case? and if they are similar why the different standards of enforcement?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!