Skyrad

Can the US Bill or rights be changed?

Seriously can it? Would it be possible for the 2nd Amendment to be removed?

Yes. The 2nd Amendment is an Amendment - not there with the original Constitution. But Amending is really difficult - as it should be.

Any Amendment can be removed by amendment. IT's happened before (amendment to Constitution was taken out by subsequent amendment).

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Seriously can it? Would it be possible for the 2nd Amendment to be removed?

Is it possible?

Sure. The amendment process allow for it.

Don't forget the 18th Amendment which prohibited alcohol, and the 21st which revoked the 18th.

But the amendment process is pretty involved.

And many states have a "right to keep and bear arms" in their state constitution.

Which would make the process a huge, complicated mess.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Does State Constitution overrule the US Constitution? I wonder as seeing as BHO doesn't have to worry about being re elected if he might try to amend the 2nd? I don't know how long it would take but he has four years.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Does State Constitution overrule the US Constitution?

The 14th Amendment says it doesn't. Federal wins

I wonder as seeing as BHO doesn't have to worry about being re elected if he might try to amend the 2nd?

From a purely technical standpoint, the president has ZERO involvement with Amendment. No veto power, etc. SO he can propose all he wants but has no legla say.

Does State Constitution overrule the US Constitution? I wonder as seeing as BHO doesn't have to worry about being re elected if he might try to amend the 2nd? I don't know how long it would take but he has four years.

Obama has said or done nothing to suggest that he wants to eliminate the 2nd Amendment. This is pure ODS hysteria.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Skyrad is ust asking a question about whether the nd Amendment COULD be repealed.

No, he asked "I wonder as seeing as BHO doesn't have to worry about being re elected if he might try to amend the 2nd?".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You're both right, I don't think for a moment that he would actually do it, I wondered more if he might be able to if he tried.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It used to be that the Constitution was viewed as he floor fo rights for the Federal government. So while the feds couldn't censor speech, states could. Then the 14th Amendment came along. States agreed to it. So they were bound.

But it wasn't actually something that happened until less than a century ago when the SCOTUS began to announce the incorporation doctrine. It wasn't until 2010 that the SCOTUS officially incorporated the Second Amendment.

A pretty good discussion is on Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_of_the_Bill_of_Rights